PDA

View Full Version : Video Rant =)

Ernie
08-07-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMiRE7ya0kQ&fmt=18

No flashy moves so be warned just me running my mouth LOL
basically a rant caught on film and i chopped it up to practice my production skills [ im self teaching how to edit an produce the music and mix and time it with the text ]

just practice for the upcoming website and vidz i got in the works

so figure this might be entertaining for about a second =0)

it was inspried by most of the nonsense i read online and the Ego filled thinking that seems to be a driving force these days ....remember i warned you its a rant !

More importantly perhaps i might touch on some topics for a healthy discussion I purposely tried to stay away from style and linage and sifu-itus LOL

have a great day and train hard but have fun

E.

Gert
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey Bro,

Nice clip, good statement!

All the best to you,

GJ

Ernie
08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks bro... just playing with some idea's ..hope your vacation went well !

David Peterson
08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
That's my Man, ...keepin' it real, always!!! Nice one, Bro :)
DMP

anerlich
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Pretty good

Liddel
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
basically a rant caught on film and i chopped it up to practice my production skills [ im self teaching how to edit an produce the music and mix and time it with the text ]

Sweet job for self proclaimed novice E. Im a prof Editor so i know what im on about :p.

Not sure what gear your using but if you want to improve timing ect with gfx and sound tracks do a help search using the keyword 'keyframes' may help you out a bit.

If your software is any good you can enable an 'Audio Waveform' function which illistrates the peaks and troughs of any music track which you can sync up with you gfx using the keyframes i mentioned..... its a little more refined than using your eyes and ears for timing etc

Anyway good job and goodluck with it all bruv.

DREW

Ernie
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM
That's my Man, ...keepin' it real, always!!! Nice one, Bro :)
DMP

thanks Uncle P =) ..thought i sent you that one did about 4-5 months ago =)

Anerlich,, thanks for the thumbs up .. and for checking it out bro

Ernie
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Sweet job for self proclaimed novice E. Im a prof Editor so i know what im on about :p.

Not sure what gear your using but if you want to improve timing ect with gfx and sound tracks do a help search using the keyword 'keyframes' may help you out a bit.

If your software is any good you can enable an 'Audio Waveform' function which illistrates the peaks and troughs of any music track which you can sync up with you gfx using the keyframes i mentioned..... its a little more refined than using your eyes and ears for timing etc

Anyway good job and goodluck with it all bruv.

DREW

Drew ,
now were talking ..i used sony vegas ..and i did use key frames but had just tried it for the first time

I just filmed a week Doc with David .
I upped my game went with 3-5 camera shoot,,even picked up a HV30 Rode mics and stablizers shoulder mounts pretty sick rig =)

Next im going for a mini VT movie with the LA crew ,,see if i can pull it off ?

ps.. yes im obsessive about all my interest LOL .. dont get me started on my hip hop days =)

i will pick your brain bro as i drive myself crazy with ambitious projects ;)

Liddel
08-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I just filmed a week Doc with David .
I upped my game went with 3-5 camera shoot,,even picked up a HV30 Rode mics and stablizers shoulder mounts pretty sick rig =)

You dont muck around do you moneybags lol :) cool. Id hate to have to sift through all the cam originals in post prod...dammm

Next im going for a mini VT movie with the LA crew ,,see if i can pull it off ?

Word of advice - put your camera on the fastest shutter speed or you may need to slow those punches down to catch them on screen lol :D

i will pick your brain bro as i drive myself crazy with ambitious projects ;)

More than happy to help with whatever mate, some projects can do your head in so its good to bang ideas around etc specially when it comes to editing it all together.

In my spare time ive been drafting an idea for a NZ martial art doco focusing on how things got down here from thier country of origins and even have plans on showcasing our indiginous maori peoples own martial arts.... they have h2h and weapons approaches unique to thier culture....

Its one hell of an effort, but very fun.

DREW

CFT
08-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Nice one Ernie. I liked the line about surviving, not winning. The only problem with the clip is that you're not ranting enough - no foam flecked lips! ;)

------------
Best wishes,
Chee.

couch
08-08-2008, 04:23 AM
ps.. yes im obsessive about all my interest LOL .. dont get me started on my hip hop days =)

Um..

"They not hot, all they do is talk a lot."

Nuff said. LOL!

Ernie
08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Um..

"They not hot, all they do is talk a lot."

Nuff said. LOL!

keep pumpin dat K 2da R 2da S 2da OOOOONNEEEEE !:p

Ernie
08-08-2008, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjW2DXW9tg&fmt=18

another little intro piece i was playing with a while back ...;)

Ernie
08-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Nice one Ernie. I liked the line about surviving, not winning. The only problem with the clip is that you're not ranting enough - no foam flecked lips! ;)

------------
Best wishes,
Chee.

LOL man I would sock some one before i got that worked up LOL

as for the thinking '' Surviving not winning ''
I find this to be a much more honest and adaptable mindset in the ''real'' world
not the ''bling bling '' look at me and tell me im great bizzaro world people like to pretend they live in ;)

or the .. no way dude it's not real and hardcore unless you take it to the ring and film it LOL .. i would rather crack you in the head with a brick while were heading to the ring ...I will take the disqualification and let the other guy win :cool:

sihing
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey Ernie,

Great Rant! I agree wholeheartedly...too much unrealistic expectations out there regarding Martial Arts training, and what it is good for. Just train hard, stay out of trouble and understand why you are training in your choosen art, while enjoying the process, cause if you don't enjoy it I highly doubt that you would be doing it:)

James

Gurokevin
08-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Love the thread Ernie. You know, I used to like the term Mixed Martial Arts. But back when it actually meant training in different martial arts for the sake of a real world conflict. Now it has taken on a new concept and I can't even stand hearing the term Mixed martial arts (MMA). Now people think that if you don't G&P in the cage, you are not a real fighter. This is BS. Like you said, I would rather hit them with a brick or something.

Ernie
08-10-2008, 07:24 AM
just depends on your goals
if your into Comps ..then by all means train that way and be d@mn good at it but understand its strengths and limitations ..be honest

if your a weekend warrior then be good at that and understand its strengths and limitations ..be honest

problem is when people mix the thinking up and stop being honest about there goals;)

k gledhill
08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice, my attitude to doing security work was that....just get home after work, your not here to win any prizes....:D the 'potentialometer' for random violent encounter @ 100% :D
When you face 'potential' violence on a regular daily basis, you become a diplomat, using VT as the 'concealed response' , as WSL would refer to it.
VT saved my ass every time, facing usually 2 or more guys in a violent encounter Vt is about surviving by the dealing with people in the most efficient 'in your face' method available. I worked with thai boxers, boxers, etc...while doing security, they all gave VT respect. Like you said mixed ma is a "horse for a certain course", not all 'courses' are the same.

Ultimatewingchun
08-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Good one, Ernie.

It's about getting home in one piece, exactly.

Realistic comps are great for developing fighting skills, chi sao is great for developing certain wing chun moves and sensitivities, hard contact sparring/rolling with your guys is great for this, crosstraining in other arts is great for that...

but at the end of the day, it's about always being prepared for what could happen in real life.

I've come to the point where I just don't want to spend any time anymore training/learning anything that I think has a very low percentage chance of ever happening in the real world, ie.- because it can't be done on a hard surface, because it would leave you too vulnerable to an attack by someone's comrades right in the middle of the altercation, because it's a move that's too difficult to land - like a spinning backfist or high kicks, etc.

I'd rather be doing things like working with weapons that you could actually have in your possession on the street without immediately facing an arrest if you're caught with them (a baseball bat, a knife whose blade is less than 4 inches long, two sticks, etc.)....

I'd rather be training unarmed moves against a knife, scissors, stick, some sort of pipe attacks...training to go up against (and how to get away from) multiple opponents...

quick and efficient takedown and finishing moves to follow standup striking/kicking - the use of knees, elbows, phoenix knuckle strikes, and a whole array of "dirty" tactics, ie.- attacks that focus on the eyes, groin, back of the head, and other vulnerable spots on the opponent's body...

knowing a few ways to quickly break an elbow, a wrist, dislocate a shoulder joint, an ankle, rupture an achilles, or a few different neck cranks, a few different variations about how to put someone to sleep with a choke or strangle, etc...

BECAUSE there just aren't enough hours in the week to train (and stay sharp in) all these things if you're also spending hours and hours trying to perfect your chi sao, hand forms, wooden dummy, sword forms, dragon pole forms, light contact sparring, etc.

Or spending hours and hours trying to learn the latest and greatest variation of the rubber guard, or the 14 different ways to pass his guard or half guard, the nine different variations of this or that submission, 11 different variations about shoots to the legs, 7 seven different throws, 10 different ways to sweep, etc.

Pick out what you believe to be the top (most important) 30-40 different "scenarios" - the totality of which includes different situations/defenses/finishes/ways to attack - and work them to death...

that's what makes the most sense to me.

Ernie
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I work the worlds oldest and best form of survival ............ Sprint !!!! ;)
but then that wont sell magz or fill schools or have people talking about what if superman fought the hulk :cool:

Kevin Bell
08-10-2008, 12:15 PM
[[[if superman fought the hulk ]]]

I was thinking more of the Hulk versus The Thing out of the fantastic four :)

Ernie
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
[[[if superman fought the hulk ]]]

I was thinking more of the Hulk versus The Thing out of the fantastic four :)

LOL ..be seeing your ugly Mug this thursday my brother in the rainy UK .. are you going to be the hulk and i will play superman LOL

screw that im going for the flash :D

Kevin Bell
08-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Joking bro im a 190 pound girl at the moment lol

David Peterson
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Now, there's a scary thought... Ernie wearing his underwear on the outside and Kevin turning green and ripping his gear off :eek:

Be afraid, ...be VERY afraid ;)
DMP

Phil Redmond
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I work the worlds oldest and best form of survival ............ Sprint !!!! ;)
but then that wont sell magz or fill schools or have people talking about what if superman fought the hulk :cool:
Ernie, that clip says it all. You don't have to train to win a street fight nor to get out of one. Though I got caught up in the "pajamas" I think like you do asere ;)
Phil

Ernie
08-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Now, there's a scary thought... Ernie wearing his underwear on the outside and Kevin turning green and ripping his gear off :eek:

Be afraid, ...be VERY afraid ;)
DMP

don't hate because im beautiful LOL :D

Ernie
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Ernie, that clip says it all. You don't have to train to win a street fight nor to get out of one. Though I got caught up in the "pajamas" I think like you do asere ;)
Phil

I know meng =)
I just got tired of all the ridicules arguments and twisted mindsets people are caught up in .. most of us never got into this stuff to be caught in silly argument we did it for the love of training and self improvement on a personal level not for belts or titles or selling or hustling of system

not super fighter ego driven brain wash BS .. time to get to basics again let all the hype go

get together work out and have fun :cool:

KPM
08-12-2008, 05:10 AM
I just watched the clip. Great job Ernie! Both on the content, and the production quality.

Matrix
08-12-2008, 08:21 PM
A plain and simple message that's to the point.
Nice work. :cool:

Bill