PDA

View Full Version : invincible

doug maverick
10-17-2001, 07:20 PM
this martial arts flick coming on tbs is produced by jet li and mel gibson anybody heard about it,

Silumkid
10-17-2001, 10:50 PM
I've heard about this but from what I have seen so far, it doesn't look like Jet or Mel is going to be in it. I'll probably still try to watch it though!

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Design Sifu
10-18-2001, 12:07 AM
I Read somewhere that whiile Jet's not in the Flick he was very involved in many aspects of it's production... I guess Mel served as translator & token white guy...

...curious. . .

shaolinboxer
10-18-2001, 03:59 PM
It a tv series I think, not a movie.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Abstract
10-18-2001, 04:03 PM
it doesn't look too bad...but i really hope it's not all 'matrixy'....i love the MA are getting abit more exposure, but like anything else, when it goes mainstream, i get annoyed. Then you get all these twits runnin around like THEY'RE the authority on it, blah blah blah, every friggin' commercial you see will have someone kicking or punching chop suey style...i HATE that. It's just like hiphop. It's so freakin' commodified that ppl who think they know what it is really have no clue. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :mad: :mad:

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

Silumkid
10-18-2001, 10:15 PM
Abstract,

I hear ya, man! Ever since Romeo Must Die came out I keep getting people asking me "Have you seen Twin Warriors?" :mad:

A certain acquiantance of mine does this ALL the time and every single time I have to explain to him that those are not the original titles. Then he tries to argue with me...tells me the plot as if I don't know what he actually means. He's lucky I don't haul off and punch him sometimes.

And now my medicine has kicked inand I am not so angry...*sigh*

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

straight blast
10-19-2001, 08:21 AM
It's a TV series called "Invincible"

"Through strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail"

Stranger
10-19-2001, 07:22 PM
Maybe they'll model the fight choreography upon the style used in Lethal Weapon IV. Jet Li used minimal wire work in that movie (I can only spot one wire technique).

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Design Sifu
10-30-2001, 12:49 AM
Never saw it... aside from JET is it worth watching???