PDA

View Full Version : Barack and John

BoulderDawg
08-10-2008, 06:25 AM
This is a lot of fun to follow. I've seen McCain's commercial and he seems to talk about how popular Obama is and why that is such a bad thing....:confused:

Anyway the polls swing back and forth but in all reality I believe it's pretty much over. There is really no way Obama is going to lose this thing short of pulling a John Edwards.:p

Also McCain likes to talk like he's one of the "Common Folk".....well the other day the guy I work for (Who's worth 61 millions dollars by the way) showed me an "Invitation" he received from John McCain. It was for a little get together at a VIP meet and greet. I guess at this little private party you get to spend all night with the candidate and the "Americans who count". Anyway the cost to attend was $33,000........Must be nice!

unkokusai
08-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Anyway the polls swing back and forth but in all reality I believe it's pretty much over. !

Based on what?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/06/poll.mccain.obama/index.html

rogue
08-10-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't wait to hear what the Messiah says about this.:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1043185/The-Pipeline-War-Russian-bear-goes-Wests-jugular.html

Black Jack II
08-10-2008, 12:44 PM
The polls are always neck and neck in this race.

McCain is hopefully going to take it. Obama keeps digging himself further and further away from Middle America.

In the end my vote goes to McCain.

BoulderDawg
08-10-2008, 02:03 PM
If there is anyone out there who truly feels that either Barack Obama or John McCain represent "Middle America" then I feel sorry for you and encourage you to vote for McCain.

However this seems to be the entire message behind John McCain campaign stragedy. I guess McCain is suppose to be the retired blue collar worker who live in the modest two bedroon house in suburbia and cuts his grass every saturday....at least this is what we are suppose to believe. The truth is that Obama didn't drop his first wife and then go after a weathly socialite. This doesn't sound to "Middle America" to me. Also wasn't it McCain who was wearing $650 shoes? Not many of those in the middle class. Finally not many middle Americans (That I know of at least) was involved in the Keating five.

In any case if John McCain wants to continue the ads where he talks about how popular Obama is and shows him with cheering crowds then I say more power to him.

Like I said, barring a sex scandal or something like that, the race is over. No one wants anyone Bush put his arm around and called a good friend.

Black Jack II
08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Like I said, barring a sex scandal or something like that, the race is over. No one wants anyone Bush put his arm around and called a good friend.

Keep pretending you know what your talking about.:rolleyes:

No reason to play guessing games with you. The election is right around the corner. Place your vote and do what you think is right.

lkfmdc
08-10-2008, 05:54 PM
This is from a soldier deployed to afgh. about Obama's visit

Hello everyone,
As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
CPT Jeffrey S. Porter

GLW
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
at least do the simple snopes check before posting this type of thing :

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp

snopes debunks it ...

BoulderDawg
08-10-2008, 07:20 PM
That just shows the desperation the GOP is exhibiting. They know they can't win so they're pulling out all the stops.

It will get a lot worse before the end. I'm looking for some kind of tie in with the Edwards scandal.

Drake
08-10-2008, 07:35 PM
That was the most ridiculous thing I've read in some time.

LKMDBCFDJS: -20 cool points for posting spam.

unkokusai
08-10-2008, 10:18 PM
That just shows the desperation the GOP is exhibiting. They know they can't win so they're pulling out all the stops.

It will get a lot worse before the end. I'm looking for some kind of tie in with the Edwards scandal.

The tie in is that if the media had reported that story when they first got wind of it then Hilary would be the democrat nominee.

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 05:46 AM
The VP Nominees will give us all a better idea of who is going to win. I mean they still have not chosen one. I was hopeful that Obama would choose John Edwards,but since the media wants to get dirty and bring up affairs and whatnot,it makes the Democrat choice more difficult. Edwards would secure much for Obama in the realm of "Middle America",in my opinion.

Now wouldnt it be interesting if McCain chose Condoleza Rice as His VP running Mate? That would be an interesting ticket indeed.

IN all Objectivity with repsect to McCain and his VP nominee, i think that he should choose someone like Duncan Hunter as his VP. I think Obama should choose Edwards despite the whole affair thing.

Peace,TWS

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 06:45 AM
I think Obama should choose Edwards despite the whole affair thing.

Peace,TWS

LOL! I hope he listens to you!

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Well in my humble opinion i would vote for a VP that had an affair over Hillary who decided to stay in a failed marriage only for the soul purpose of political gain, plus the fact the she is a Hawk in disguise and a bully.
We all have our little sins now dont we? At Least Edwards was being honest and admitted to the affair and didnt pull a clinton on everyone. In my estimation that doesnt give much for people to fire at aside from the usual casting of stones from those who are guilty of alot more than just fukin some other woman. An Obama Hillary ticket is just what the republicans want because they know that obama is sure to lose. Now in my opinion if he chooses Edwards(regardless of the affair)Then it puts more pressure on McCain to choose someone who will represent middle America. Now who could that be, i wonder?

You republicans need to step aside for now. you had your 8 little years of squandering this nations Money and resources and Soldiers. Time for a change.

Peace,TWS

Black Jack II
08-11-2008, 10:45 AM
You republicans need to step aside for now. you had your 8 little years of squandering this nations Money and resources and Soldiers. Time for a change.

Nope. I think we should stay.

BTW- Bush was not a true conservative by any means. Now a days it is all about percentages and hybrids and no I do not mean the cars.

Last true conservative prez was Regan.

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 11:02 AM
At Least Edwards was being honest and admitted to the affair and didnt pull a clinton on everyone.

Are you high? He did exactly that. When a whiff of this first came out years ago he did the Clinton, "I did NOT..." and blamed it on a Republican conspiracy and the press nodded in agreement and said no more about it.

And I take it you have as little respect for Mrs. Edwards as for Mrs. Clinton?

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5wM_LdsrU&feature=user

And

http://www.redstateupdate.com/navigation?id=58023

:DTWS

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
At Least Edwards was being honest and admitted to the affair and didnt pull a clinton on everyone.

""The story is false," he told reporters then. "It's completely untrue, ridiculous." He professed his love for his wife, who had an incurable form of cancer, saying, "I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years and as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known. So the story's just false.""

http://www.mlive.com/elections/index.ssf/2008/08/edwards_admits_to_affair_he_de.html

"he repeatedly lied about an extramarital affair with a 42-year old campaign employee"

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Well Bush Lied about WMD's and as a result a few thousand of our soldiers are dead. Tens of thousands more in Iraq are dead. The administration lies on a constant basis, they deny everything and get you nimrods to believe it.:rolleyes:

SO when i compare someone who lies about an affair and compare it to a leader of our Nation who lies about Iraq and people die as a result, i tend to play the lesser of the two evils, if you can even call what edwards did as "evil".
Who here has not gone through infidelity? Seems to me that negotiating and reconciling infidelity is a showing of humility even in the face of a lie. Edwards is coming clean and purging himself. Clinton didnt do any of that really,but his lie as well as Edwards didnt get anyone killed. Someone being emotionally hurt yes, but you wont give him any credit because you disagree with him politically. Try looking at him from a personal perspective rather than a political one. i am. Can YOU? Ill bet we could dig up a ton of Dirt on you ,unkokusai, would it change how you are seen here on the forums? If you are a leader in your community you have to reflect the values of that community ,yes and i understand that, but no-one is perfect and i am not going to begrudge this man his opportunity to help dig a nation out of the sh!t that your party has buried it in.

Peace,TWS

BoulderDawg
08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
The problem with Edwards was the way he denied the story. Something tells me that she is not the only one.

In any case what does it matter? His political career is over.

By the way the story "It was hushed up" does not hold water. People have known about this since it happened.

Black Jack II
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Well Bush Lied about WMD's and as a result a few thousand of our soldiers are dead.

I am not going to get into this with "you" because your a man-child but Bush never lied about WMD's.

Learning what you are talking about is the first step to taking responsibility for the path ahead of you. Take it for what it is worth.

Try looking at him from a personal perspective rather than a political one.

That's the point. When you look at a political leader it should be from a personal perspective. It is the only real perspective you have at the end of the day.

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 10:03 PM
SO when i compare someone who lies about an affair

But you said he "was being honest" and didn't "pull a Clinton" and those were both lies. You lied. You are a liar.

BoulderDawg
08-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Learning what you are talking about is the first step to taking responsibility for the path ahead of you. Take it for what it is worth.

In the best case scenario Bush didn't lie. He simply made an assumption on incorrect fact. I don't believe it but it might be true....

and lets say it is...Isn't Bush guilty of not "Learning what he is talking about"?

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Edwards is coming clean and purging himself. Clinton didnt do any of that really

That's another lie. He "came clean" and "purged himself" in exactly the same way Edwards did: when he had been completely exposed and had no other choice.

You are a liar.

mawali
08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
The facts are that both John and Barack are media celebrities but it seems that McCain's know he will lose bigtime so he tries to paint Obama as more of a celebrity and the American people will not know the tricks being played.

McCain was/is the original celebrity while Obama is new to the celebrity game!
WHo is better at it? Who really cares? Apparently McCain does hence the "politricks"!

The Willow Sword
08-12-2008, 06:16 AM
http://www.salon.com/ent/video_dog/comedy/2008/08/12/rsu_edwardsaffair/index.html?source=video&aim=/ent/video_dog/comedy

Well i stand corrected:o

:D TWS

Lucas
08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
http://mccainandbush.com/wp-content/themes/mimbo2.2/images/john-mccain-george-w-bush-hug-lead.jpg