PDA

View Full Version : can ron paul actually win in 2008

golden arhat
08-10-2008, 03:33 PM
i dont know how your electoral system works

but is it just between obama and mc cain now?

or can you vote for whoever ?

Drake
08-10-2008, 03:35 PM
He has absolutely zero chance of winning. Independents typically run to bring to light problems with the parties. In other words, if McCain loses because of Johnny McGibbets pulling away part of his voting base, then that might cause the GOP to look into why.

I think Ross Perot was the last independent to actually make a real effort to win.

golden arhat
08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
thats depressing.:(

Mr Punch
08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
If you mean 'could', then yes, according to the electoral system he could. If you mean 'can' then no, he can't, as he's a dangerous freak who wouldn't get enough votes.

Instead, they may well go for McCain - a dangerous freak who could get enough votes, or Obama - who may well prove to be a dangerous freak. I love democracy. Where's my coffee?

Mr Punch
08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Vote Johnny McGibbets!

Mr Punch
08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
thats depressing.:(Two questions:

1) Why?
2) Are you just about to make an ass of yourself? (With specific reference to (1) )

Black Jack II
08-10-2008, 04:31 PM
thats depressing.

Not really.

The guy does not have the support of the American people to win. It is really that easy, be it because of funding, or his sometimes odd viewpoints, or the fact that a lot of the people who seem to really dig him think black helicopters are out to get you.....

Ron Paul's biggest problem was most of the people supporting him. He had some really interesting ideas.

Yao Sing
08-10-2008, 05:00 PM
People say they want change and want to 'throw the buns out' that are running the country into the ground but then when someone comes along wanting to change it all and throw the bums out they get scared because it's too radical and want to retreat back to the same ol' same ol'.

Go figure.

uki
08-10-2008, 05:18 PM
there is no vote... it's all a smokescreen... barak will win the election, he was chosen to win. at the last minute hillary will be named his vice. hows that for a free election... it's been in the works for ages... hell do some research and you'll discover that barak is distant cousins to atleast 6 former presidents, including the one on the way out. democracy my ass... rule of demons is more like it. mark my words.

BruceSteveRoy
08-10-2008, 05:38 PM
ron paul is wrong. sorry, i appreciate things like taxes funding education, and the police, and the post office, and the fire department, and roads. we tried the voluntary taxation thing once. it was called the confederacy and it didnt work.

Drake
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I also love it when politicians come up wih groundbreaking ideas not knowing that half of their plans are state issues, not federal ones...

David Jamieson
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
For all the good points ron Paul makes, the big bite in th ass is his isolationist view and his borderline nutjob views of how a democratic nation should be run. apparently, it shouldn't!

If he made pres, he'd fire himself as his first duty in office. :p

Merryprankster
08-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Ah uki. Interesting point of view. You may want to look at the link below. I suspect it will make more sense to you, than me.

http://www.mefst.hr/~dr/data/zezancija/slike/worldconspiracy.jpg

Enjoy!

monji112000
08-11-2008, 06:17 AM
i dont know how your electoral system works

but is it just between obama and mc cain now?

or can you vote for whoever ?
you can vote for whoever you want.
Does anyone not representing the two major parties have a chance of being president?... not in our current climate.. but thats our choice really.

can that person "win"? that depends on what you mean by winning. Allot of people said the green party won in 2000 by stealing votes from Al Gore (PMRC big government nut job). By not voting for one of the two major candidates (not voting, or by voting for someone else) you are sending a clear message. Your not stupid, your not going to blindly follow idiots, and something is going to change before your going to give them your vote. (I said change.. does that mean I need to pay heusan obama?)

short answer ron paul never had a chance in hell of being the president , but you can annoy people by voting for him anyway.

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 06:47 AM
there is no vote... it's all a smokescreen... barak will win the election, he was chosen to win. at the last minute hillary will be named his vice. hows that for a free election... it's been in the works for ages... hell do some research and you'll discover that barak is distant cousins to atleast 6 former presidents, including the one on the way out. democracy my ass... rule of demons is more like it. mark my words.

........................... :rolleyes:

unkokusai
08-11-2008, 06:49 AM
ron paul is wrong. sorry, i appreciate things like taxes funding education, and the police, and the post office, and the fire department, and roads. we tried the voluntary taxation thing once. it was called the confederacy and it didnt work.

I think you mean the Articles of Confederation.

BruceSteveRoy
08-11-2008, 06:53 AM
If he made pres, he'd fire himself as his first duty in office. :p

thats actually really funny.

golden arhat
08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Two questions:

1) Why?
2) Are you just about to make an ass of yourself? (With specific reference to (1) )

he seems to be the only honest guy running.

BruceSteveRoy
08-11-2008, 07:42 AM
you can be the most honest guy in the world but if your policies are bad for the country than it doesn't do much good.

Mr Punch
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
he seems to be the only honest guy running.LOL, what makes you think he's honest?

xcakid
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Honest politician is an oxymoron.

Every politician has his own agenda and alterior motives. You just vote for the one that closely matches yours.

I vote anarchy. The strong shall rule.

PHILBERT
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
If you mean 'could', then yes, according to the electoral system he could. If you mean 'can' then no, he can't, as he's a dangerous freak who wouldn't get enough votes.

Instead, they may well go for McCain - a dangerous freak who could get enough votes, or Obama - who may well prove to be a dangerous freak. I love democracy. Where's my coffee?

Vote Jeb Bush/Karl Rove 2008.