PDA

View Full Version : Cop in coma from RNC

MasterKiller
08-10-2008, 06:28 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6313283

Dozens of uniformed officers gathered at a hospital Friday to lend support to the family of a colleague who was severely brain-damaged when he was choked during a fight in a Southampton bar where he worked as a bouncer.

Andrew Reister, a Riverhead jail officer, remained in critical condition at Stony Brook University Medical Center, surrounded by his wife, Stacey, his parents and his two brothers. Through a hospital spokesman, his wife asked for prayers.

Reister, 40, suffered cardiac arrest and severe brain damage after he was attacked by a bar patron he was trying to control, according to a felony complaint against Anthony Oddone, the Farmingville man police say Reister fought with.

"The situation is very grave, there is no question about that," said Vito Dagnello, president of the Suffolk County Correction Officers Association.

Reister was moonlighting as a bouncer at the Publick House, a brewery and restaurant on Bowden Square, early Thursday when Oddone, 25, climbed on a table, police said. Reister told him to get down and the two argued, and both men began wrestling on the floor.

Oddone got Reister in a choke and held him long after he passed out, police said.

At some point, Oddone fled, and Southampton Village police pulled over the cab he was in about a mile from the bar and arrested him. He is charged with first-degree assault and was being held on $500,000 cash bail. He is to appear in court Tuesday.

Instead of being held in the Riverhead jail where Reister has worked since 1994, Oddone was transferred to Rikers Island in Queens after his arraignment Thursday.

"It's just to avoid even the appearance of any impropriety," said Chief Michael Sharkey of the Suffolk Sheriff's Department. "It was better for everyone to have him in a different facility."

Self-defense experts say choke holds are particularly dangerous because they are easy to apply and quickly cut off blood to the brain. A properly applied choke "usually takes between five and 10 seconds to induce unconsciousness," said Greg Runfola, 31, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructor from Huntington. "It doesn't take a lot of strength."

Christopher Dean, Reister's brother-in-law and a fellow correction officer, said Reister works in the jail library and is the head of an association that raises money for the families of correction officers in need.

Reister grew up in Southampton and lives in Calverton with his wife and two young children. An avid golfer, he enjoys taking his family to baseball and hockey games. "He's a good family man," Dean said.

Three other bouncers tried to help Reister, Dean said, and police said Oddone's four male companions also tried to pull him away. Witnesses told police that Reister was unconscious for a minute or more before he was released. "He wouldn't let go," Dean said of Oddone.

There was no answer at Oddone's home Friday, where a neighbor said he lives with his girlfriend and her parents and often practices his golf swing in the yard. "He seemed to be a really nice guy," said Frank Giordano, 19.

Oddone plays on the golf team at St. Joseph's College in Patchogue, athletic director Don Lizak said.

Several messages left for Oddone's attorney, Glenn Obedin, of Central Islip, were not returned.

About 75 percent of the correction officers union's 830 members hold second jobs, Dagnello said. Each officer must get written permission from the correction department, which does not set a limit on hours or the type of job. "It's a quality-of-life issue. Officers are trying to provide for their families," he said.

Citing advice from a union attorney, Dagnello declined to discuss specifics of Reister's employment. The association has set up a fund to benefit his family.

uki
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
well he was a cop and a bouncer... what does that equal?? ego. if your line of work revolves around controlling other people, you get what you got coming to you... **** happens, if it didn't it wouldn't. moral of the story, get a different job. everyone wants to cry when the coppers get hurt. boo-hoo. please pass the tissues.:)

Cimaroon
08-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Now, post how many cops, daily,hourly by the minute are choking out, macing, billyclubing, molesting,raping........

uki
08-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Now, post how many cops, daily,hourly by the minute are choking out, macing, billyclubing, molesting,raping........yeah really. they get what they got coming.:D

ingchao
08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
well he was a cop and a bouncer... what does that equal?? ego. if your line of work revolves around controlling other people, you get what you got coming to you... **** happens, if it didn't it wouldn't. moral of the story, get a different job. everyone wants to cry when the coppers get hurt. boo-hoo. please pass the tissues.:)

Do you risk your life to put food on the table for your kids?
Sometimes egos develop, but unfortunately in our society a LOT of people need to be controlled because they can't control themselves.

YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!

He DIED yesterday *******! AND he left behind children.
Do you have any kids?
Maybe when your balls drop you'll understand.

uki
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Do you risk your life to put food on the table for your kids?well depending on the job and the state of the crew... i could say yes to that. then again because i have kids, i wouldn't want a job that jepordizes my safety, especcially if it revolves around wearing a badge and playing law.

Sometimes egos develop, but unfortunately in our society a LOT of people need to be controlled because they can't control themselves.apparently the officer in question couldn't control anyone either.

YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!don't flatter yourself.

He DIED yesterday *******! AND he left behind children. just another fact of life buddy.

Do you have any kids?3 to be exact.

Maybe when your balls drop you'll get it.then again, maybe you don't.:)

ingchao
08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
well depending on the job and the state of the crew... i could say yes to that. then again because i have kids, i wouldn't want a job that jepordizes my safety, especcially if it revolves around wearing a badge and playing law.
apparently the officer in question couldn't control anyone either.
don't flatter yourself.
just another fact of life buddy.
3 to be exact.
then again, maybe you don't.:)

Wow, some kids don't have a daddy anymore and you can't relate? Yeah, it is a fact of life that people die, but what if it was YOU?
You risk your life putting food on the table? How? Dumpster diving don't count.

BoulderDawg
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah I'm all tore up over this.....:D

Considering the brain damage cops have done over the years putting people in choke holds one has to wonder when some of that would come back to them.

And guess what?......Cops aren't the only people who have kids. If he was so concerned about his kids why is he in that line of work?

ingchao
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah I'm all tore up over this.....:D

Considering the brain damage cops have done over the years putting people in choke holds one has to wonder when some of that would come back to them.

And guess what?......Cops aren't the only people who have kids. If he was so concerned about his kids why is he in that line of work?

To protect people like us! And most people don't have kids when they start that type of work.

uki
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow, some kids don't have a daddy anymore and you can't relate? i am sure they'll probably get a step-dad.

Yeah, it is a fact of life that people die, but what if it was YOU?well for starters it would be my time to go, and second i believe in re-incarnation... so... woopy do.

You risk your life putting food on the table? we all risk our lives, everyday.

How? i am a mason... ricketty scaffolding, drunk concrete truck drivers, falling stone... mostly my risks are due to extreme human error, which is why you have to be constantly on your toes.

Dumpster diving don't count.well it sure does if the cops don't like dumpster divers.:p

uki
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
And guess what?......Cops aren't the only people who have kids. If he was so concerned about his kids why is he in that line of work?man you hit the nail on the head there.

ingchao
08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
i am sure they'll probably get a step-dad.
well for starters it would be my time to go, and second i believe in re-incarnation... so... woopy do.
we all risk our lives, everyday.
i am a mason... ricketty scaffolding, drunk concrete truck drivers, falling stone... mostly my risks are due to extreme human error, which is why you have to be constantly on your toes.
well it sure does if the cops don't like dumpster divers.:p

Well, I can see this is like clapping with one hand. So I hope your Martial Arts Skillz
can defend you when there's no police around.
Good night, and I hope when you get re-incarnated it's what you deserve.

uki
08-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, I can see this is like clapping with one hand. So I hope your Martial Arts Skillz
can defend you when there's no police around.doesn't matter anyway.

Good night, and I hope when you get re-incarnated it's what you deserve.all can't take it no more... bye bye birdie... actually i been choosing to re-incarnate several times now. there still hope for folks like you, so i keep coming back to make it happen.:)

Cimaroon
08-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Cop=officer= OVERSEER. As in overseeing slaves. Funk cops, all of em

rogue
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm going to bed because I can't believe some of the idiocy being spouted.

uki
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm going to bed because I can't believe some of the idiocy being spouted.it's all relative to you perspective on things.

rogue
08-10-2008, 07:53 PM
So if someone choked you to death it'd only be a bad thing if someone gave a crap about you?

Goodnight Gracie.:rolleyes:

uki
08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
So if someone choked you to death it'd only be a bad thing if someone gave a crap about you?

Goodnight Gracie.:rolleyes:so just what are you a rogue of? obviously you are programed like everyone else... any rogue thoughts at all?? didn't think so ralph.

Cimaroon
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Right here in my neighborhood: Santa Cruz,CA

Sgt. LeMoss of the SCPD broke a 60 year old woman's arm May 9, 2008 on West Cliff Drive and is still charged with resisting arrest. Her case will be set for a pre-trial hearing tomorrow, 8:30 AM, August 6, 2008 at Dept 1 or 2. Santa Cruz County Courthouse. She is represented by pro bono lawyers Ben RIce and Greg Coban. They have met and reviewed together 50 pages of police reports and 20 pages of corrections and rebuttal. We are exited about this case and hopefully helping to put some checks and balances backon the Santa Cruz police department. It should be a brief appearance tommorrow and will be at the 9:30 meeting in the cafeteria.

A court appearance is necessary tomorrow in the DEISS case, the case of a 60 year old disabled woman's arm being broken by Sgt. LeMoss of the Santa Cruz Police Department May 9 on W. Cliff Drive. A preliminary hearing date is to be set and she will be represented by Ben Rice and Greg Coban pro bono. The brief court appearance will be at 8:30 AM and she will be meeting in the cafeteria at 9:30 with supporters. Resisting arrest is the charge she is facing and the questions continue to remain. What was she arrested for? Why was LeMoss dressed in a black jumpsuit and not wearing a badge?

uki
08-10-2008, 08:06 PM
here's my personal favorite... my friend was helped out of a bar by some bouncers, a scuffle broke out, the police were called... they hit him with 3 tazers, claimed they didn't work, while handcuffed in the emergencey room of the hospital, they shot him again while hands were behind back. go figure... personally i think the other three shots worked, i told the police that they were just giving him more energy... took 6 of them to get my friend down and into the car. i got another ride home that night as he was my driver and didn't quite get to go home.... they gave him a 600 dollar fine.

Mr Punch
08-11-2008, 08:10 AM
You're all ****ing idiots. And as bad bigots as the cops you claim to despise.

Work it out: there are good people, and there are bad people. There are good cops and there are bad cops. Some people will put themselves on the line for strangers. For some people it's their job. And for some people who get into the job for the wrong reasons or who get tainted by thankless wankers like you every day, they go bad, even if they were good in the first place. Good people/bad people die every day. Good cops/bad cops die every day. Cops die every day helping people.

If you're gleeful at anyone's death without knowing anything about them, you're an *******, lacking basic human values. If you hold the average 14 yr-old's opinion that all cops are bad, you're an idiot, you're 14 or you're a bigot, or a combination of all three.

Mr Punch
08-11-2008, 08:13 AM
here's my personal favorite... my friend was helped out of a bar by some bouncers...Here's a thought: maybe your friend was an as5hole.

I grew up with a very dim view of LEOs, with varying degrees of validity in my reasoning, and I've had scuffles with bouncers and LEOs before: the bouncers were my fault, the LEOs theirs... but guess what? If he's a friend of yours, I'm still going with him being an as5hole.

uki
08-11-2008, 08:26 AM
man this thread is great.:D
keep it coming boys and girls...

SimonM
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
i am sure they'll probably get a step-dad.
well for starters it would be my time to go, and second i believe in re-incarnation... so... woopy do.
we all risk our lives, everyday.
i am a mason... ricketty scaffolding, drunk concrete truck drivers, falling stone... mostly my risks are due to extreme human error, which is why you have to be constantly on your toes.
well it sure does if the cops don't like dumpster divers.:p

Dude that's just cold.

You don't have to approve of what somebody does as a career but to laugh at them for getting put into a coma...

That's just cruel.

It doesn't matter that the man was a cop. He was a person.

uki
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Dude that's just cold.it's simply the truth.

You don't have to approve of what somebody does as a career but to laugh at them for getting put into a coma...i am not laughing at it... just observing that it's all just part of cause and effect.

That's just cruel.he who cares for no-one in particular, cares for the whole world in general... a nice taoist proverb.

It doesn't matter that the man was a cop.well it kinda does because his line of work brings along these kind of consequences.

He was a person.so was hitler...

rogue
08-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Someone is really trying to be an over achiever in the ******* Olympics.

In regards to the 60 year old lady.

http://cityonahillpress.com/article.php?id=1267

PHILBERT
08-11-2008, 09:57 AM
You can't rationalize with someone who is psychotic, such as Uki, so don't bother trying. He is merely doing it for attention, stop promoting his behavior.

uki
08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
You can't rationalize with someone who is psychotic, such as Uki, so don't bother trying. He is merely doing it for attention, stop promoting his behavior.well if stating my beliefs brings attention, then so be it. i have a mind and can think on my own without the constraints of social and cultural critics. it takes a man to take a stand and speak out on what he believes... of course i am sure i could smooch some butts and get alot of friends... but that just isn't my way.:p

Black Jack II
08-11-2008, 10:33 AM
well he was a cop and a bouncer... what does that equal?? ego. if your line of work revolves around controlling other people, you get what you got coming to you... **** happens, if it didn't it wouldn't. moral of the story, get a different job. everyone wants to cry when the coppers get hurt. boo-hoo. please pass the tissues.

Your a total waste of your dad's sperm.

Yeah I'm all tore up over this.....

And you......could you ever be more of a weak knee'd f@ggle. Your scumbaggery just keep adding and adding up.

Enjoy life ya douchebag.

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Man you guys, Uki sure does have all your panties in a wad now does he?

You folks need to lay off the sugar,it has harmful effects to your Mental and physical Health. Sugar is like cocaine, very addictive. Seems like Uki is not sugar coating anything for you guys, Its a tough withdrawl.

As for my Opinion, seems to me that this cop moonlighting as a bouncer is the reverse of his civil service and what he swore to do for the city and the community.
Cops swear and oath to uphold the law and to protect the community. Bouncers swear to knock your fukin block off if you get out of line. No civil service or community work there, just a bunch of guys who are just itchin for a two fisted saloon bar room brawl. I was a bouncer once so i know the mentality. Hell most guys are training in MMA and groundfighting, gotta be careful who you try to muscle around,ESPECIALLY at a Bar/Club etc. This cop/bouncer paid the price for his moonlighting. I feel sympathy for his family.

As for those who dont approve of Uki's comments. Here is a fitting Taoist proverb.
"""Care about people's approval
and you will be their prisoner."""

Peace,TWS

Black Jack II
08-11-2008, 10:41 AM
You folks need to lay off the sugar,it has harmful effects to your Mental and physical Health. Sugar is like cocaine, very addictive. Seems like Uki is not sugar coating anything for you guys, Its a tough withdrawl.

Ah, the third clown waddles into the fray.

BTW-sugar is not like cocaine, read a book.

The Willow Sword
08-11-2008, 10:47 AM
FYI Blowjob II, Sugar is one of the MOST addictive substances on the planet. Sure its effects are not like say Heroin or cocaine, but the addiction is the same if not more so. We consume tons of sugar each year and is a major player in the Poor health of our Nation. We over consume refined sugar.

I went on a no sugar diet several years back to help balance and maintain my hypoglycemia. I will say that the withdrawl off of sugar alone was worse than when i quit smoking ciggys.

But i just love it when someone new comes on the board and gets all your psuedo self riteousness in a wedgy. I just Laugh and laugh and laugh, ESPECIALLY at YOU Blow Job II. :p:p:p

Peace,TWS

SimonM
08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Man you guys, Uki sure does have all your panties in a wad now does he?

As for my Opinion, seems to me that this cop moonlighting as a bouncer is the reverse of his civil service and what he swore to do for the city and the community.
Cops swear and oath to uphold the law and to protect the community. Bouncers swear to knock your fukin block off if you get out of line. No civil service or community work there, just a bunch of guys who are just itchin for a two fisted saloon bar room brawl. I was a bouncer once so i know the mentality. Hell most guys are training in MMA and groundfighting, gotta be careful who you try to muscle around,ESPECIALLY at a Bar/Club etc. This cop/bouncer paid the price for his moonlighting. I feel sympathy for his family.

As for those who dont approve of Uki's comments. Here is a fitting Taoist proverb.
"""Care about people's approval
and you will be their prisoner."""

Peace,TWS

I don't care about whether or not Uki's comments meet with public scorn. What bothers me is that anyone would be so callous as to make comments suggesting that any needless and pointless human death is essentially unimportant just because of their line of work.

Do I think there are problems with law enforcement in our society? Yes.

Doesn't mean I want the cops choked into brain damage and a coma.

And Uki: yes, it does take a stronger sort of person to come to moral decisions without the influence of one's peers. That being said it doesn't make compassion, as a whole, any less of an appropriate moral position.

Finally: Your average cop, even your average BAD cop is NOT Hitler.

Scott R. Brown
08-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Finally: Your average cop, even your average BAD cop is NOT Hitler.

Yeah, but thinking so apparently qualifies one to be a free and independent thinker, someone who "can think on...[his]...own without the constraints of social and cultural critics"!

And apparently without a conscience or compassion too!:rolleyes:

SimonM
08-11-2008, 11:16 AM
One of the first steps on the path to enlightenment is to realize that it doesn't matter what Buddha or Jesus or Laozi or whoever said.

Compassion is right because of its own intrinsic nature.

Black Jack II
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Sugar is one of the MOST addictive substances on the planet. Sure its effects are not like say Heroin or cocaine, but the addiction is the same if not more so. We consume tons of sugar each year and is a major player in the Poor health of our Nation. We over consume refined sugar.

You just said before it is just like Heroin. Now you are saying the something different....:rolleyes:

The addiction is not the same or more so. It is not even close. Not even on the same planet. Saying this showcases once again how immature you really are.

But i just love it when someone new comes on the board and gets all your psuedo self riteousness in a wedgy.

Not new you stupid sh!t. Been around for years.

bodhitree
08-11-2008, 11:41 AM
****in newbie idiots. You are all worthless and I hope you are choked to death.

uki
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
You are all worthless and I hope you are choked to death. how is hoping someone(something) new chokes to death?? if all things new choked, the flow will become stagnant... doesn't modern martial arts teach that the nature of life is to change? change is all around us, everywhere... but i am sure you heard it all before... blah, blah, blah right? yet here you are claim that something new is worthless... probably because you and your horde of 4-5 digit posters feel the egotistic urge to supress change because it doesn't agree with your limited train of thought... safety in numbers apply to those too weak to survive alone, obviously this trait carries over onto the internet where ones mind becomes the focal weakness... it's not possible to be physical scared of someone over the internent, yet it appears that one can still be mentally afraid. so go ahead, call me some nice compassionate names, because afterall, you are all the nice and compassionate, peace loving, dharma following, zen mediated martial artists. come on guys, you need to lighten up or your going to give yourself a heart attack, and i don't hope that happens.:)

SimonM
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Calling you angry isn't calling you a name when every post you seem to have contributed seethes with barely concealed wrath. That being said I am afraid I may have to revise my initial assessment. I had you down for an angry nihilist liberated from fear of censure by the internet's much lauded and maligned annonymity. Now I fear you may be yet another hoaxter with a false persona crafted to get up people's skirts.

The first is worth engaging in dialogue if just in hopes of teaching them something.

The second is not.

uki
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Calling you angry isn't calling you a name when every post you seem to have contributed seethes with barely concealed wrath.of course there is wrath in it; things need to change here for the human race... war at every corner, talks of war in every shop... mankind is full of hate, and hate stems from fear, and fear stems from ignorance. the world of men is ignorant to the nature of the universe around them. wrath is the fire that destroys the weeds of ignorance... and the simplest way to unleash wrath is to be true and honest with yourself, to be and act and say just what you feel without consequence; these actions will spread to everyone around you no matter where you are. the darkness of ignorance has no chance against the light of truth.

That being said I am afraid I may have to revise my initial assessment. I had you down for an angry nihilist liberated from fear of censure by the internet's much lauded and maligned annonymity. Now I fear you may be yet another hoaxter with a false persona crafted to get up people's skirts.a hoaxter huh? what's the hoax? please tell me. no false persona here, i am the same in person as i am here... no point to pretend. everything i write and have written stems from my personal experience and understandings gleaned from the travels of my life's journey.

The first is worth engaging in dialogue if just in hopes of teaching them something.

The second is not.i am learning much, what about you?:)

bodhitree
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
will you stfu and go away already you stupid, immature, sorry excuse for a poster newbie?

God, you ARE an absolute waste of the air you breath.

SimonM
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Shouting at the world rarely changes it. Anger clouds understanding. Observe, learn, act to make the world a good place, this rarely is accomplished by being an *******.

Dale Dugas
08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Uki is nothing.

Place him on ignore as with the rest of the unreal internet mouthboxing cowards.

uki
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Uki is nothing.if that were the case...

Place him on ignore as with the rest of the unreal internet mouthboxing cowards....then nothing is a coward.

Scott R. Brown
08-11-2008, 06:58 PM
of course there is wrath in it; things need to change here for the human race... war at every corner, talks of war in every shop... mankind is full of hate, and hate stems from fear, and fear stems from ignorance. the world of men is ignorant to the nature of the universe around them. wrath is the fire that destroys the weeds of ignorance... and the simplest way to unleash wrath is to be true and honest with yourself, to be and act and say just what you feel without consequence; these actions will spread to everyone around you no matter where you are. the darkness of ignorance has no chance against the light of truth.

It is not being true to yourself to be rude and compassionless about someone you know nothing about. That is called being immature!

It is not being true to yourself when your rudeness is pointed out by others and you reply with further rudeness. That is called being a social misfit!

It is not wise to make disparaging remarks about a situation you know very little about and even worse remarks about a person you know nothing about. That is called being ignorant and bigoted!

How can you fix an ignorant and broken world when you cannot even see past your own ignorance and immaturity!

Take some of that fire of yours and try healing your own anger and destroying your own ignorance before you start blessing the world with your own narcissistic vision!

rogue
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Outside of Uki's moronic remarks a few things are evident.
A wife is a widow, two children have lost their dad, and Anthony Oddone caused all of it and has ruined his life by being a drunken idiot. Stupid, just really stupid.

IronWeasel
08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
of course there is wrath in it; things need to change here for the human race...

I can think of a good place to start...:cool:

uki
08-12-2008, 02:43 AM
I can think of a good place to start...me too.

It is not being true to yourself to be rude and compassionless about someone you know nothing about. That is called being immature!well i know that this cop was also a bouncer; it is self evident enough of the mentality of those who seek to control others and execute power over them.

It is not being true to yourself when your rudeness is pointed out by others and you reply with further rudeness.why on earth not? just because others imply that i am being rude, doesn't actually mean that i am... once again i am just replying to things i feel need to be replied to. obviously this article on the cop was posted to bring about remarks... some are liked and others are not. if everyone thought the same way, it would be a pretty boring existence.

That is called being a social misfit! it's nice to be outside the norm i sure do tell ya.

It is not wise to make disparaging remarks about a situation you know very little about and even worse remarks about a person you know nothing about. isn't this just a paraphrase of your first two sentences?

That is called being ignorant and bigoted! funny, i do not see it that way.

How can you fix an ignorant and broken world when you cannot even see past your own ignorance and immaturity!i am not trying to do anything.

Take some of that fire of yours and try healing your own anger and destroying your own ignorance before you start blessing the world with your own narcissistic vision!actually i am wood, i fuel the flames...:p:

rogue
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
You may just want to save your breath for your inflatable date.

uki
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
You may just want to save your breath for your inflatable date.well einstein, as it seems to be implying my breath as my words, i'd happily say that it's my fingers i am exerting when responding to these posts.

golden arhat
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
so was hitler...

i cant believe you actually just compared that officer to hitler.

i just realised

i'm 17, and i'm a better person than you.

golden arhat
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
there is nothing uki can say that justifies that officers death

he simply did not deserve it, just like no other innocent person deserves it either.

his line of work is irrelivant you dont know the guy or his motivations or his personality at all! so based on that you are saying that an innocent person deserved to be choked into a coma because of his line of work?

i suppose its a womans fault if she gets raped because she dressed a certain way aswell?!

:rolleyes:

now a mother and children are left fatherless and your saying it is right?

i hope something similar happens to you.

Lucas
08-12-2008, 12:31 PM
sugar as addictive as heroin or crack/cocain???

when is the last time you sucked d!ck for a spoonful of sugar man? Please tell me you have done that at least once.

Lucas
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
i hope something similar happens to you.

hes a big advocate of cause and effect, karma. with the way he operates, he'll get his.

SimonM
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Uki has yet to learn that schadenfreude is not excused by a claim to honesty. Sadly he is unlikely to do so because he either believes that we are somehow deficient for not deriving satisfaction from harm inflicted upon an authority figure. In his juvenile rebellion against authority he seems to believe that the victim's actions justified the bad things that happened to him.

This is not the case.

Uki still needs to understand that even if acting as a police officer and a bouncer is an example of wrong livelihood (something not necessarily true) and even if the victim was acting with wrong intent when he attempted to restrain the aggressor he still did not deserve to be harmed.

That's the kicker.

Even the most depraved person is deserving of the opportunity for redemption; a good person never acts unmoved by the suffering of another nor should a good person suggest that a victim of violence deserved it, regardless of the flaws that person may have exhibited.

I guess what I'm saying is that the true test of goodness is the willingness of a person to disregard the wrongdoings of a being and to instead recognize the inherent worth of the being beyond those flaws.

We are none of us perfect; how flawed one person is next to another is a matter of semantics.

Black Jack II
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Is Uki...Royal Dragon?

I don't know why but I am getting that vibe.

Anyone else?

Lucas
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I thought it was unokokosai or what ever his name is. especially when he quoted himself

uki
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Is Uki...Royal Dragon?

Anyone else?well my pekingese was born in the year of the golden dragon... just this alone would cause a royal celebration in ancient china.

Dale Dugas
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
who cares who it is.

Ignore them as they are nothing but a spineless coward to make such remarks. I really cannot stomach these pukes even if they are just wanting to pull the chains of people.

May you be visited upon by what you wish upon others.

uki
08-12-2008, 04:01 PM
who cares who it is.

Ignore them as they are nothing but a coward.yet you just can't seem to ignore me yet. just what makes me cowardly? just out of curiosity...

you are just an uplifting kinda guy aren't you. one definitely feels refreshed from reading your intellectually superior posts...:)

Lucas
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I win!!!!!!

bodhitree
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Is Uki...Royal Dragon?

Anyone else?

No, although RD can certainly be a retard, uki has surpassed RD retard level. He is truely worthless.

uki
08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
He is truely worthless.boy, aren't you just an articulate little burning bush...

rogue
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
well einstein, as it seems to be implying my breath as my words, i'd happily say that it's my fingers i am exerting when responding to these posts.

The save your fingers for your date with Little Uki.

uki
08-12-2008, 05:00 PM
The save your fingers for your date with Little Uki.you must be a sensei-teacher-sifu too, huh? i see the underlying general characteristics of the modern martial artist.

The Willow Sword
08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
when is the last time you sucked d!ck for a spoonful of sugar man? Please tell me you have done that at least once.

LOL, no i havent done that. You guys really need to get your head straight with respect to UKI and to comments that relate to his brand of posting. I used the Sugar reference because it would seem like everyone here is wanting some "lets all band together sing along sympathy". Your fragile little eyes and sensitive minds are really making me sick. Uki is not sugar coating his comments to cater to your alls heartfelt outpouring of emotion on a total stranger with whom none of YOU know anything about. Given that Uki's comments are very *****ly about someone he knows nothing about. He is, as are we all ,merely psychoanalyzing the scenario presented to us in the article.
None of us are qualified to judge ANY of it but we will still put forth our opinions. you dont like Uki's, OKay fine, but dont get all self riteous with him and start calling him names and turning your childish anger into keyboard boxing. You guys are much better than that , i think.:rolleyes:

As for shooting down my sugar addiction comment. I challenge ANY of you to go on a sugar free diet for a few months(like i did) Yes thats right not even Fruit sugars or substitute sugars, white breads or white rice. consume nothing but protiens and complex carbs and see how well you do. more than half of you will be tearing open and viciously devouring hostess cupcakes within a WEEK. HAHAHA. It took every ounce of self control and effort to eliminate all sugars from my diet to rebalance my body. it was fuking tough and i equate the sugar addiction to that of cocaine and heroin. Think im wrong, then try what i did and then write back and let me know about your experiences. until then STFU!!!

Peace,TWS

uki
08-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Your fragile little eyes and sensitive minds are really making me sick.don't let it make you sick, rather let it bring laughter... afterall, laughter is the best medicine.

you dont like Uki's, OKay fine, but dont get all self riteous with him and start calling him names and turning your childish anger into keyboard boxing. You guys are much better than that... ever wonder what it must be like attending a school with that mentality; and to think some of these folks in here claim to be instructors and masters or what not.

... i think. first impression tells me they have a horrible track record...

wouldn't naturally occuring sugars, such as those found in dates, maple, and agave, be acceptable to eat? maintaining a minimum intake of of naturally occuring sugars is advisable... certain varities of dates, such as the barhi, khadrawi, and khalasa are actually low glycemic. they come in at 40-45 on the glycemic index. this is because they are made up almost entirely of invest sugars(glucose and frutcose). the invert sugar in dates is immediately absorbed by the human body without going through the digestion process that ordinary sugar goes through.:)

Mr Punch
08-13-2008, 05:06 AM
when is the last time you sucked d!ck for a spoonful of sugar man? Please tell me you have done that at least once.That was hilarious.

Why are people still answering 'The Floater' (I wonder what he thinks his name means...)? He's obviously the product of a collision between a sperm-bank reject transportation unit and a busload of wh0res in the wet-nightmare of a fortune-cookie writer.

The Willow Sword
08-13-2008, 07:02 AM
wouldn't naturally occuring sugars, such as those found in dates, maple, and agave, be acceptable to eat? maintaining a minimum intake of of naturally occuring sugars is advisable... certain varities of dates, such as the barhi, khadrawi, and khalasa are actually low glycemic. they come in at 40-45 on the glycemic index. this is because they are made up almost entirely of invest sugars(glucose and frutcose). the invert sugar in dates is immediately absorbed by the human body without going through the digestion process that ordinary sugar goes through.

You are correct about those kind of sugars and i actually have eliminated Honey out of my diet completely and replaced it with Agave Nectar and occasionally Grade B Pure Maple Syrup(organic of course). I had to go on this special diet for a few months way back when my grandmother passed away, i was so distraught over it that i drank myself into a severe hypoglycemic state.(thankfully it was that rather than the other way around). I had to eliminate all extra sugars out of my diet to reset my pancreas's insulin output. It made me appreciate the value of keeping my body in check when it comes to alchohol and sugary things.

Hence the "Sugar coating" of things in life with respect to death and such. I also am not one that likes to sugar coat things for people,if they dont like what i have to say because it offends their "morals":rolleyes: or whatever they choose to borrow at the time to make them seem like a saint and all compassionate:rolleyes: then they can go jump in the lake. HOWEVER, although i dont like to sugar coat comments i DO have a sense of sympathy for those such as this cop/bouncer who had to pay the price for the "other" job he decided to take on. I mean what must've been going through his mind to take on another job that has more risk of you getting seriously hurt or even killed(as it happened).
I dont want to play the psychologist here because i am not one, but i have to think about it anyway and wonder what this cop's issues were that he would even WANT to take on another job with those kinds of risks involved.

Ive been a bouncer, i enjoyed aspects of it and i hated most other aspects of it. having to deal with drunk a$$holes trying to fuk any woman that crosses their path(what clubs are all about anyway) was one of the aspects i hated about the job, and also having to fight these nimrods and get them out of the club(luckily i was on a security team and we all supported one another) i suspect that this cop was alone in all of this and that is the most dangerous thing to be when you get into a scrap at a club, being alone. Because everyone in the club despises the bouncers anyway and that pack mentality of the patrons all drunk kicks in and everyone wants to see a bouncer get his a$$ kicked thoroughly.
The aspects that i DID enjoy about being a bouncer. 1. going on wild dates with the hot female bartenders 2. watching shallow human behavior and seeing it taken to its most extreme(funny as hell and sad all at the same time) and 3. luckily i was with a good team of guys who all looked out for each other. It was definately an interesting year being a bouncer at a retro-disco 70's 80's club. I will never forget it.

Peace,TWS

Lucas
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
its not whether or not sugar is addictive. notice i never said it wasnt. you said its MORE addictive than heroin.

obviously you dont know what heroin is, nor have you ever had to deal with any heroin addicts.

sugar and heroin, my friend, are NOT on the same level.

get YOUR head straight on that one. Sugar is addictive, ya, no doubt. but heroin....cmon man, you shoulda used a different substance to try that with. not even close. or perhaps you used to be a heroin junky and can tell us all about how that smak ran through your veins and ruined your and your families life. One time smak addict were you?

I could not really care less about uki/unokokosai.

Mr Punch
08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
I could not really care less about uki/unokokosai.They're not the same.

Lucas
08-13-2008, 09:33 AM
They're not the same.

dang. it seemed too good to be true.

I can be as cold hearted as the next bastid, but there is no reason to assume the guy deserves to be choked to death because hes a cop. a couple people in this thread actually said he deserved it.....

thats just plain idiocy.

Death happens to everyone, im not going to mourn or even feel sympathy in this matter. no reason to personally, i dont know the guy. but to go out of your way to get under peoples skins, using someones death as your fire power....

weak

uki
08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
obviously you dont know what heroin is, nor have you ever had to deal with any heroin addicts.i lived on the streets of athens when i was younger for a few months as a juggler... at that time(1997) 1 million out of the average 6 million inhabitants were registered heroin addicts. omonia square was full of them; try buying a gyro after dark and eating it without some strung out junkie asking you for a bite...

I could not really care less about uki/unokokosai.if you could not really care less, it seems you may still do care.:p

uki
08-13-2008, 09:45 AM
but to go out of your way to get under peoples skins, using someones death as your fire power....again i am simply wood... the fire was already here, i just added fuel to the flames. some wood burns hotter than others. i went as far out of my way as the original poster... it was posted to attract comments. need some burn lotion?

weakdenial

Lucas
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
i lived on the streets of athens when i was younger for a few months as a juggler... at that time(1997) 1 million out of the average 6 million inhabitants were registered heroin addicts. omonia square was full of them; try buying a gyro after dark and eating it without some strung out junkie asking you for a bite...

well did you share?

SimonM
08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Death happens to everyone, im not going to mourn <snip> this matter. no reason to personally, i dont know the guy. but to go out of your way to get under peoples skins, using someones death as your fire power....

weak

Feeling compassion for somebody and for their family does not necessarily equate to mourning. However it costs nothing to be sympathetic. Seeing as none of us KNOW the guy it's really the best course to take to be so.

Since uki has twice said he was trying to start a flame war how about we stop flaming him, it's what he wants.

uki
08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
well did you share?of course. i gave the whole thing away... juggling at night made loads of money to replace it... drunk greeks are the best.

Lucas
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
burn lotion? Nah, im fine. It doesnt actually bother me. I just stated my opinion as though I were asked. even though I wasnt. But thats the deal here right?

lol for a minute i read that you said "drunk geeks are the best"

which might also be true.

uki
08-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Why are people still answering 'The Floater' (I wonder what he thinks his name means...)?in maui the locals got a kick out of it because it mean't pu$$y.

He's obviously the product of a collision between a sperm-bank reject transportation unit and a busload of wh0res in the wet-nightmare of a fortune-cookie writer.do we laugh now or later?

Justinrohrman
08-15-2008, 05:29 AM
sugar as addictive as heroin or crack/cocain???

I let a guy teabag me for a packet of sweet&low. does that count?

Lucas
08-15-2008, 08:36 AM
I let a guy teabag me for a packet of sweet&low. does that count?

no sweet and low is going to give you cancer. now you are a teabagger with a high probability to attain harmful cancer cells.

sorry...:(

j/k of course :p

Justinrohrman
08-15-2008, 10:43 AM
no sweet and low is going to give you cancer. now you are a teabagger with a high probability to attain harmful cancer cells.

sorry...:(

j/k of course :p

ahhhhh **** :( well since its a sugar substitute at least its not as addictive as sugar is.
but i still sell myself for sugar substitute, AND I'm gonna get cancer form it. Maby i my teabaggin mouth

Becca
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Now, post how many cops, daily,hourly by the minute are choking out, macing, billyclubing, molesting,raping........
How old are, 12? The fact that a Rear Naked Choke was held well past the point of the vicom passing out has nothing to do with the victom being a cop, moron. Or are you implying that because a few Officers go overbord and occasionally get cought by the media it's ok to go around using exsesive force on them if they are not using exsesive force against you?:confused:

Becca
08-15-2008, 01:05 PM
well depending on the job and the state of the crew... i could say yes to that. then again because i have kids, i wouldn't want a job that jepordizes my safety, especcially if it revolves around wearing a badge and playing law.
apparently the officer in question couldn't control anyone either.
don't flatter yourself.
just another fact of life buddy.
3 to be exact.
then again, maybe you don't.:)
Sounds like you have a bit of an ego issue. You actually think because the choices you have made are different than someone else's that they are wrong.

uki
08-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds like you have a bit of an ego issue.either that or my life is just splendid and i am content.

You actually think because the choices you have made are different than someone else's that they are wrong.my choices are my own. my life is the product of my choices and i am still alive.:)

Becca
08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I'd be willing to bet that you personnal know a cop or bouncer and would be plenty upset if they were merdered on the job. You have admitted to having a job that can be dangerous, yet you still go to work. And, I think, take some pride in your work. Being killed in the course of doing what one is paid to do, while not suprizing, is not something to be made fun of. If you were truely at ease with your life and the descisions you've made you wouldn't begrudge a murder victim some respect.

uki
08-15-2008, 04:47 PM
If you were truely at ease with your life and the descisions you've made you wouldn't begrudge a murder victim some respect.murder is unjustified killing... this sounds more like an involunatary manslaughter case, not murder...

Becca
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
murder is unjustified killing... this sounds more like an involunatary manslaughter case, not murder...Shaken Baby Syndrom is usually a murder charge. Exsessive Force resulting in death is too. There is plenty of precidence of bar fights ending in the death of one of the involved parties being charged with, and convicted of, murder.

Seppukku
08-15-2008, 07:08 PM
murder is unjustified killing... this sounds more like an involunatary manslaughter case, not murder...

Here, sir. Please take my crown.

uki
08-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Shaken Baby Syndrom is usually a murder charge. Exsessive Force resulting in death is too. There is plenty of precidence of bar fights ending in the death of one of the involved parties being charged with, and convicted of, murder.fortunately the laws laid down men do not trump those of nature... cling to the law and you'll be bound by the law.

Becca
08-15-2008, 08:01 PM
True.... Not relevant, but true. Think of this another way. You said murder was unjustified killing. Was being asked to get down from a table a justifyable reason for killing?

uki
08-15-2008, 08:13 PM
True.... Not relevant, but true. Think of this another way. You said murder was unjustified killing. Was being asked to get down from a table a justifyable reason for killing?a justifiable reason for a drunk to involuntarily strangle someone to death... everyone wants to claim that being drunk is just an excuse, but we all know what a drunk can get like... there is no reasoning with them. if your line of work is dealing with drunks, expect to get dealt unreasonable hands.

Becca
08-15-2008, 08:22 PM
a justifiable reason for a drunk to involuntarily strangle someone to death... everyone wants to claim that being drunk is just an excuse, but we all know what a drunk can get like... there is no reasoning with them. if your line of work is dealing with drunks, expect to get dealt unreasonable hands. The legal presidence, and also the moral presidence of non-cop haters, is that being drunk is not an excuse to kill.

uki
08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
The legal presidence, and also the moral presidence of non-cop haters, is that being drunk is not an excuse to kill.being a cop isn't either.

Becca
08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
The dead guy didn't kill anyone. Or are you trying to paint him with your perseptions that cops deserve to die because they occasionaly have to take lives in the course of thier jobs. You read a story once about a cop who killed someone when they shouldn't have and that makes it ok in your mind for drucks to murder bouncers? Because the dead guy was working as a bouncer when the perp mortally injured him. What he does 8 hours a day 5 days a week shouldn't come into play since he wasn't on duty as a cop at the time. Unless of course, you are an irrational cop hater.....

uki
08-15-2008, 08:51 PM
What he does 8 hours a day 5 days a week shouldn't come into play since he wasn't on duty as a cop at the time.this was probably the same mentality this guy used to go to work with. unfortunately it isn't a reality.

Unless of course, you are an irrational cop hater.....a cop is a cop... on duty, off duty... there are exceptions to every rule of course(as everyone should know).

SAAMAG
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
here's my personal favorite... my friend was helped out of a bar by some bouncers, a scuffle broke out, the police were called... they hit him with 3 tazers, claimed they didn't work, while handcuffed in the emergencey room of the hospital, they shot him again while hands were behind back. go figure... personally i think the other three shots worked, i told the police that they were just giving him more energy... took 6 of them to get my friend down and into the car. i got another ride home that night as he was my driver and didn't quite get to go home.... they gave him a 600 dollar fine.

Soooo than your friend's an ******* and you're an ******* for thinking it's the cops' fault for him getting tazered.

Lucas
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
if your job is to feed angry tigers, and one of them mauls you, is it the tigers fault? Would you keep the tiger after it ate you?

if a professional theif is pulling a heist and he gets shot by private security personel, did he just die doing what he does? what if he has a family?

when you look at things with two eyes, one being logic, and one being emotion. One eye will tell you a guy died doing his job, just like millions of people do every day, in hundreds of different ways, in hundreds of different jobs. We are all the same in that we die.

But the emotional eye will tell you that what happend was not just, contained no honor, and was un called for. His family is distrought and everyone actually involved is likely very shook up over the entire ordeal. both sides. Do you think the guy woke up after his possible black out (he was probably pretty **** drunk) and was all hunky dory about killing some cop in a bar on the floor? Hes probably feeling like ****.

We, all of us, view the world with both of these eyes, in varying degrees.

uki
08-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Soooo than your friend's an ******* and you're an ******* for thinking it's the cops' fault for him getting tazered.
i never said it was the cops fault for tazering my friend... i was merely pointing out the the mentality of people who get paid to tazer people. my friend got what any drunken a$$ deserves... a humbling experience. and as for the guy who killed the cop, obviously he's going to get what he got coming to... the law ain't easy on cop killers. moral of the story... stay out of bars; not really the ideal setting for any true martial artist. i prefer to eat lunch there now and again, have a few beers at lunch, then back off to work. afterwards it's home to the family. a cop with a family and kids has no buisness hanging out at the bar at night, job or no... not ethical family rearing. smart people make smart choices.

Mr Punch
08-16-2008, 05:41 AM
i never said it was the cops fault for tazering my friend... i was merely pointing out the the mentality of people who get paid to tazer people. my friend got what any drunken a$$ deserves... a humbling experience. and as for the guy who killed the cop, obviously he's going to get what he got coming to... the law ain't easy on cop killers. moral of the story... stay out of bars; not really the ideal setting for any true martial artist. i prefer to eat lunch there now and again, have a few beers at lunch, then back off to work. afterwards it's home to the family. a cop with a family and kids has no buisness hanging out at the bar at night, job or no... not ethical family rearing. smart people make smart choices.You see, that's reasonable... although sometimes smart choices aren't so open to all, and for some ethical family rearing may be doing all you can to provide a decent life for your kids... Mind you then, he must've had a huge family or have been a crap unpromotable cop to not be able to earn enough to not feel forced into taking a bouncing job. Plus, to me, not having more kids than I can afford to rear safely is part of being an ethical father.

Before, you were pretty much saying that cops deserve to die.

David Jamieson
08-16-2008, 06:42 AM
My personal view is that the standards of Police training have dropped to the level of pitiful over the last 25 years.

there used to be a height and weight requirement as well as a college degree requirement at the federal and provincial level. City cops amount to gangsters more often than not and corruption is rife in police departments across the continent, I would say around the world as well.

as an institution it has not been properly upgraded, is used as a revenue generation arm of the city most primarily and consistently fails in detection and relies heavily on public input to solve crimes ergo admitting their own obsolescence.

People fear the chaos that"may" occur without them if the institutions were abolished. I think that fear is perpetuated by the organizations who are attempting to constantly justify their existence. especially when they are shooting people in the commission of petty crimes and even while in custody!

Policing should be a mandatory 2 year requirement of every citizen with a 1 year intensive study course built into the public curriculum to ensure that each cohort of students is properly instilled with the concepts and skills required with those incapable of adhering being filtered out and assigned to other socially active and helpful public based actions, such as housing building, military service, senior care, and others.

the truth about it is that after many years regarding policing as a job, it will simply taint a person because all they ever see is the dross. It is a poisonous job and should only be a temporary service provided by each and every citizen much the same way that mandatory military service is practiced in some European countries that by the way have remarkably low crime rates and remarkably socially active and aware citizens.... unlike our lovely continent of chaos.

/rant

uki
08-16-2008, 07:43 AM
the truth about it is that after many years regarding policing as a job, it will simply taint a person because all they ever see is the dross. It is a poisonous job and should only be a temporary service provided by each and every citizen much the same way that mandatory military service is practiced in some European countries that by the way have remarkably low crime rates and remarkably socially active and aware citizens.... unlike our lovely continent of chaos.
a very nice idea... i would love to be a police officer as per se mandatory community service. in this way, everyone understands what it is like on both sides of the spectrum; like you said, to produce a more well rounded population... and further more as my girlfriend just pointed out, would less likely go to the heads of the people doing the job of public service. kudos.

Becca
08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
You see, that's reasonable... although sometimes smart choices aren't so open to all, and for some ethical family rearing may be doing all you can to provide a decent life for your kids... Mind you then, he must've had a huge family or have been a crap unpromotable cop to not be able to earn enough to not feel forced into taking a bouncing job. Plus, to me, not having more kids than I can afford to rear safely is part of being an ethical father.

Before, you were pretty much saying that cops deserve to die.
I second this, espcially the part about not having more kids than one can afford. I'd also like to add, though that you shouldn't have more stuff than you can afford, either.

ingchao
08-16-2008, 09:00 AM
From Newsday .com
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-lifune0815,0,4407088.story

In his homily, Msgr. Edmond Trench said of the 6-foot, 4-inch Reister: "To me, Andrew was a gentle giant. ... He was a man of faith, a man of love."

Even the inmates at the Riverhead Jail, where Reister had worked since 1994, donated money to Reister's family after hearing of his death. "That in itself tells us that I should just shut up and go home," Trench said with a smile.

uki
08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd also like to add, though that you shouldn't have more stuff than you can afford, either.for this to happen here in america, you'd have to do away with the credit card industry, thus forcing people to buy only what they can afford... sadly the american(and worldly) economies function by making money on the interest of the debts people owe.

the gentle giant description is the classic idyllic terminology when addressing the deceased who may have been a big human... wow. 6'4"... must've been way outta shape. i find that people that big usually believe that their size alone is justifacation on not training or practicing with conviction... these folks tend to believe that they are superior do to their large and imposing size.

冠木侍
08-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Dude that's just cold.

You don't have to approve of what somebody does as a career but to laugh at them for getting put into a coma...

That's just cruel.

It doesn't matter that the man was a cop. He was a person.

You all have seem to fallen into a trap here. This forum's moderation somewhat lax to say the least and there are people here who will take advantage of that. It was a very informative story and I'm sure most of us are sad for the tragic outcome.

But you let someone come here and derail the thread with some insensitive statements. Uki is entitled to his own opinion and has stated it without reservations. Although, playing devil's advocate is a common method of gaining attention nowadays.

Those who disagree with him have that right. Don't you all see what happened here? You all felt compelled to reason with him, which is the proper thing to do. But based on his posting and the type of personality he wishes to convey to us, that was just a waste of time.

Then you tried more reasoning and he basically dismissed all your postings with his 'I don't care attitude.' Then other comments were made, names were used, insults were hurled and he has been sitting back (probably with some popcorn) watching you all scramble and defend yourselves. You don't owe him any explanations or have to qualify why you believe your feelings on the matter are important. Why? Because he just doesn't care.

I would have hoped that this thread would have turned into something more constructive...something related to martial arts but it's just ruined now.

uki
08-16-2008, 11:35 AM
But you let someone come here and derail the thread with some insensitive statements. what thread was here? the topic was posted, i was the first to reply... this is how this thread started.

I would have hoped that this thread would have turned into something more constructive... well add some martial arts insight... obviously there is some martial arts related material here, such as you can be 6'4" and still get choked to death by a drunken dipsh!t... hows that for starters?

something related to martial arts but it's just ruined now.one man's trash is another man's treasure... and actually i've been eating pistachios; much better for you than popcorn.:)

SevenStar
08-16-2008, 12:17 PM

you can't be serious. that's about as broad a generalization as me saying that all tma know nothing about fighting.

uki
08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
you can't be serious. or i could definitely be serious.

that's about as broad a generalization as me saying that all tma know nothing about fighting.then don't say what you don't believe.

SevenStar
08-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but why was it that out of 3 other bouncers and 4 of the perp's friends that none of them were able to break the choke?

uki
08-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but why was it that out of 3 other bouncers and 4 of the perp's friends that none of them were able to break the choke?
probably because they knew he was also a cop and just let it happen that way.:)

SevenStar
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM
or i could definitely be serious.

or u could be a troll. a bad one.

uki
08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
or u could be a troll. a bad one.i love how everyone who dislikes a new poster labels them a troll... by your reckoning, i am a troll because i state my beliefs with conviction. it's like calling all barefooted people wearing wool, hippies. internet mentality is a frick'in joke.

Becca
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
for this to happen here in america, you'd have to do away with the credit card industry, thus forcing people to buy only what they can afford... sadly the american(and worldly) economies function by making money on the interest of the debts people owe.
No. Having no more than you can afford doesn't meen not financing anything. It means using credit wisely and not going out and getting that expensive car/house/geegaw just because someone is willing to loan you the money. Y nee to keep housing costs less than 1/3 of your total income. And that means modest housing. I watch these house hunting shows and shake my head when I see a couple who think they need to sell a 3 bedroom house because thier first child is no the way. 3 bedrooms is plenty for a family of 3.....

uki
08-16-2008, 12:43 PM
No. Having no more than you can afford doesn't meen not financing anything. It means using credit wisely and not going out and getting that expensive car/house/geegaw just because someone is willing to loan you the money. Y nee to keep housing costs less than 1/3 of your total income. And that means modest housing. I watch these house hunting shows and shake my head when I see a couple who think they need to sell a 3 bedroom house because thier first child is no the way. 3 bedrooms is plenty for a family of 3.....your first problem... if i may offer some insight... is that you watch too much t.v.... i have been without cable, satellite, or commercial t.v. for over 10 years; an eater of time and energy. best unplug it and move on with your life.:)

Becca
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
you can't be serious. that's about as broad a generalization as me saying that all tma know nothing about fighting.7* - he already slipped up in his trolling and admitted that he's not quite the hater he was pretending to be.

SevenStar
08-16-2008, 12:45 PM
probably because they knew he was also a cop and just let it happen that way.:)

actually, under any other circumstance I would agree with that. but one thing a bouncer in a popular club or bar understands is teamwork.

Becca
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
your first problem... if i may offer some insight... is that you watch too much t.v.... i have been without cable, satellite, or commercial t.v. for over 10 years; an eater of time and energy. best unplug it and move on with your life.:)not a good insite; most people here know I don't watch much tv. Not sure how that relates to the topic at hand, either. Or the topic that came out about people and why the need second jobs. I deliver pizza as a second job. Care to offer any dipsheit i"insite" on why without knowing anything about me too?

SevenStar
08-16-2008, 12:55 PM
i love how everyone who dislikes a new poster labels them a troll... by your reckoning, i am a troll because i state my beliefs with conviction. it's like calling all barefooted people wearing wool, hippies. internet mentality is a frick'in joke.

it's not internet mentality. it's calling a spade a tro...er... spade. I stated my belief - that you are a troll. I then moved on. you stated your opinion and still continue to spew it. are you after anything other than the reactions of posters?

uki
08-16-2008, 12:57 PM
7* - he already slipped up in his trolling and admitted that he's not quite the hater he was pretending to be.
no slip up here missy. i don't pretend to be anything. i never said i hated cops, i merely said don't cry when they die.:)

working 2 jobs huh? glad i am not in your shoes... thinking that needing two jobs will make the ends meet... ha. all work and no play, the new american dream. paying off the student loans are ya?

CLFLPstudent
08-16-2008, 12:57 PM
your first problem... if i may offer some insight... is that you watch too much t.v.... i have been without cable, satellite, or commercial t.v. for over 10 years; an eater of time and energy. best unplug it and move on with your life.:)

Throw in computers and internet access and we'll all be happier.

Just sit in your home and wait for the government to enforce everyone to have chips implanted in them. :rolleyes:

-David

Becca
08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
no slip up here missy. i don't pretend to be anything. i never said i hated cops, i merely said don't cry when they die.:)

working 2 jobs huh? glad i am not in your shoes... thinking that needing two jobs will make the ends meet... ha. all work and no play, the new american dream. paying off the student loans are ya?No, my father got laid off in May and is having trouble finding something else due to his health. As a single mother with 2, I was doing just fine with my full time job, but that isn't enough with helping out my Pops. Let me guess, you think I should wash my hands of him right? You wouldn't be the first who has told me that. But like you claim to be, I really don't care if taking care of my dad is is old age and ill health is unfassionable or cool. He was there for me before his stroke, and I'll be there for him untill he doesn't need me.

uki
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
No, my father got laid off in May and is having trouble finding something else due to his health. As a single mother with 2, I was doing just fine with my full time job, but that isn't enough with helping out my Pops. Let me guess, you think I should wash my hands of him right? You wouldn't be the first who has told me that. But like you claim to be, I really don't care if taking care of my dad is is old age and ill health is unfassionable or cool. He was there for me before his stroke, and I'll be there for him untill he doesn't need me.hey more power to ya. i was just asking. persoanlly i am ****ed that my father stuck his mom in a nursing home... but that's not my issue. i hope my kids will take care of me if something happens... then again if they don't, oh well... it was mean't to be.

Just sit in your home and wait for the government to enforce everyone to have chips implanted in them. that's what paranoid people do...

it's not internet mentality. it's calling a spade a tro...er... spade. I stated my belief - that you are a troll. I then moved on. you stated your opinion and still continue to spew it. are you after anything other than the reactions of posters?well hey, you stated that i couldn't be serious... you got an answer, and now you are labelling a troll because i answered you the same way i answered everyone else... notice how i don't respond unless someone quotes me? probably not... your attention to the fine details seems to be limited... is there a real reason any of us are here?? just a bunch of martial artists engaging in chit chat about this and that... some agree... some don't... life goes on.

BoulderDawg
08-16-2008, 08:50 PM
comment on elderly care:

When we raise children we give them a responsibility. That is to raise their own children in a proper fashion. In my opinion children have no responsility of taking care of their elderly parents. It's up to each and every one of us to take steps to make sure we are cared for when we get old.

In my opinion if I got to the point where I could not take care of myself and had not planned for the event I could not blame my children at all if they put me in a nursing home.

uki
08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
comment on elderly care:

When we raise children we give them a responsibility. That is to raise their own children in a proper fashion. In my opinion children have no responsility of taking care of their elderly parents. It's up to each and every one of us to take steps to make sure we are cared for when we get old.

In my opinion if I got to the point where I could not take care of myself and had not planned for the event I could not blame my children at all if they put me in a nursing home.that's just cold... i mean your parents wiped you butt and changed your diapers... without them you'd be nowhere. to be so cold as to not feeling the responsibility to care for them and change their diapers in old age is ridiculous... actually i am just being ridiculous... joke. really. i am just gonna wander off before i can't take care of myself. be just another homeless bum who died under a bridge... not. i can't imagine if i had to take care of my mom; i couldn't wait to get outta her house!!!

good point though. i do my best to teach my children self-sufficiency.

Drake
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Uki,
Please, if you are going to be a troll, you really need to work harder at it. If anything, people are just exasperated by your ignorance and your repeated attempts to defend it.
You don't have to repeat your argument, because I already know. It's uneducated, shoot from the hip, based on limited life experience-style inflammatory comments. You are nothing more than a mouthpiece for backwater militiamen and ignorant foreigners who think they know what's best for the US, whilst they wallow in a 13% unemployment rate and stagnant economy.

All I am going to say to you is this. Educate yourself on the fundamentals of society and economy before commenting. This does mean going to college. Wikipedia doesn't count, nor do fring group websites.

I am now done with you. Reply is not necessary.

Becca
08-17-2008, 10:14 AM
If a person needs medical care that thier family can't provide, then by all meens, put them in a nursing home. If they are basicly functional but need help with a few thing? No, get off you selfish high horse and give them the help they need. The help my dad needs is reminders to take his meds, managing his finances, and some socialization. All of that was easily fixed by living with him. and my sons have 24/7 access to a loving grandparent and I get some help getting them to dentist appointments and such.

He can hold a job, but he's a truck driver by trade and it is worried about being safe behind the wheel of the big vehicles. Unfortunatly, he isn't trained to do anything else. His recent issues of knowing what is apropriate behavior and what isn't meens working in anything costomer service is not a good idea, either. So...... I got a second job to give him more time to find something that would work since his ego won't allow him to consider retiring at 56. No need for assisted living, just considerate family.

Lucas
08-17-2008, 10:47 AM
If he is a troll, hes a new breed. He's posted several pictures of himself on the board so far...I was on the same train of thought till I saw him post pics of himself.

uki
08-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Uki,
Please, if you are going to be a troll, you really need to work harder at it.any other brilliant ideas?

If anything, people are just exasperated by your ignorance and your repeated attempts to defend it.perhaps you mean you are exasperated by it... put me on ignore if you don't like what i have to say... otherwise your full of poo because you obviously are still reading my posts.

You don't have to repeat your argument, because I already know. It's uneducated, shoot from the hip, based on limited life experience-style inflammatory comments. ha ha ha. this cracks me up coming from someone who takes orders... learning to kill people... what do you know about life experience? had any lately?? i got 3 kids, a fulltime job(masonry), spent 2 years as a street juggler in like 18 different countries... walked half the appalachian trail(i started late in june, walked 1000 miles though), my brothers live in maui and dublin, i travel to both... hmm... what else... those are just some of the larger details, but i'd be willing to say that i have done more, experienced more, and seen more than you ever have even thought about... oh and i own a house(not rent) on 3.25 acres... :) quite better than the barracks or dorm eh chum?

You are nothing more than a mouthpiece for backwater militiamen and ignorant foreigners who think they know what's best for the US, whilst they wallow in a 13&#37; unemployment rate and stagnant economy.whatever you say, obviously i cannot relate... fulltime job, no bills(aside from the expenses of raising children.

All I am going to say to you is this. Educate yourself on the fundamentals of society and economy before commenting. This does mean going to college. Wikipedia doesn't count, nor do fring group websites.college is for people who cannot think on their own, besides graduating with a debt that will take half my life to pay off isn't quite my idea of the american dream. besides i graduated HS...

I am now done with you. Reply is not necessary. of course... talk the poo and then scram... and your type represents our military? how sad. please... feel free to reply, i do not tuck tail and run... too bad i am deaf or would've been the real deal soldier(although i have problem flossing my teeth with butt hairs like the rest of your type)... unfortunately my country didn't think i was good enough... and your right about the militiamen, someones gotta protect the home front if things get ugly.

your witty little saying... i will kill you all... wow. what discipline you have there... no wonder you guy's are getting knocked off left and right. delusions of granduer... woopie do, you can kiss butt and fire a gun. i don't have to kiss butt and i still can fire a gun... no orders to listen to... no brass to polish. glad i am not in your shoes.

Drake
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Did someone say ignore Uki? Brilliant idea!! *clicky!*

That makes two people on this forum who are on my ignore list. Yay!

Drake
08-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Becca,
I commend you on taking care of both your kids and parent. It's a heavy burden, but like you said, it's what they would do for you. Some people are so selfish and undeveloped as humans that they forget compassion and kindness are the things that got us where we are today.
It's too bad that the US can't fix their medical system. Europe has a system, but they get taxed like crazy. Germany has a 19% sales tax, and a huge portion of their salary goes to taxes. I read up on Obama's plan, and he seems to have found an interesting middle ground between socialist medical and our current free for all plan.

As for the cop who was put into a coma, if it wasn't in the line of duty, then I don't think he deserves any special honors. We had Soldiers working as bouncers at a nearby club a few years back, and they knew the risks. I would just think that if I had a dangerous day job, I would pick a tamer form of moonlighting. In light of recent postings, I would like to point out that I have had nothing but good experiences with police officers. Once I was pulled over for going 112 on a back highway. He could've put me in jail for that, and I would've deserved it. Instead, he let me off with a fine. They've also been helpful with helping me find my way around new places, helped with the paperwork when someone stole my identity (putting me back at perfect credit), and have always been friendly and courteous. Maybe it's because I'm in the military, but who knows?

uki
08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Some people are so selfish and undeveloped as humans that they forget compassion and kindness are the things that got us where we are today.yet you'll kill them all...

In light of recent postings, I would like to point out that I have had nothing but good experiences with police officers. well a$$kissers do band together to form a larger network of love.

Once I was pulled over for going 112 on a back highway.ooohhh... you rebel you; a buck 12?? you're brave.

He could've put me in jail for that, and I would've deserved it.what an a$$kisser; so it is justifiable for someone to go to jail because cars are made to do 140 or so when the speed limit is 55... man... what a weak minded individual, gives the phrase an army of one a whole new meaning... altogether with all of you guy's and gals in camo, your mentality will equal one normal person. way to go.

Maybe it's because I'm in the military, but who knows?or maybe it's because you know how to floss your teeth so well.:)

let's see if you really did the clicky...

Mr Punch
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Smoke some more of that herb you advocate mate!

You really think it's 'truth against the world'? That last post seems more akin to 'railing like a nutter against the world in general without good reason'... I mean we all liked 'Rage Against the Machine' when we were 16 but puhlease!

:D

冠木侍
08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Did someone say ignore Uki? Brilliant idea!! *clicky!*

That makes two people on this forum who are on my ignore list. Yay!

I don't believe that that his behavior warrants such a drastic action. However I don't blame you for going that route. He tried to provoke myself by using fragments of my post but offered nothing quote-worthy. Although I found it amusing that he would allude to his own comments and label them as "trash." It's really nothing to get angry about (which is what he wants) and I feel no ill-will towards this person...it's just not worth it.

He said that he doesn't respond unless someone quotes him but in actuality, he just responds to basically everyone's post...usually with something sarcastic or some type of personal attack. He tried to use his status as a newbie to make himself look like a victim while simultaneously trolling and of course, offering his perspective on things. His status on this forum (at least for me) has nothing to do with what his going on here.

Becca's personal anecdotes are just wasted on someone who's just here to cause some waves. We appreciate (at least I do) that she would tell us, strangers on an internet forum, details about her personal life. And I hope that you don't take anything that was said in response personally. Like I said before, it's just not worth it.

Aside from all the nonesense and pointless insults and comments, there were some good topics covered here. Credit cards are considered the devil's plastic. I'm sure we all know someone with bad credit or someone who is in debt. I personally try to keep a budget and if a necessary expense comes up, my spending is drastically cut in other areas.

SevenStar brings up a good point. I know that he has some experience regarding working the clubs. I have noticed that there is teamwork involved in similar situations but not this one. When more about this story is uncovered, maybe we can see what went down.

Becca's personal story brought about the topic of parents. And she is doing what she can to help her father out. I'm sure we can all agree that her parents did a good job in raising their daughter.

I can appreciate Uki's consistency and his interesting points-of-view albeit the presentation is in need of some refinement.

uki
08-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Smoke some more of that herb you advocate mate!i am out... been out all day. thank goodness i go back to work tomorrow.

You really think it's 'truth against the world'? That last post seems more akin to 'railing like a nutter against the world in general without good reason'... did you see how that army of one intellectual instigated my post? obviously being in the military(with an i'll kill you all as a heading) makes you nothing but a two faced tooth flosser... he's ridiculous. calling me a troll, a bad one at that, and then spouting some rhetoric about love and compassion...

I mean we all liked 'Rage Against the Machine' when we were 16 but puhlease!
i never liked rage... bad religion, flogging molly, pogues, dropkick murphy's, tom petty... no rage. :D

what do you think... does he really have the gall to put me on ignore? he's either a rabbit... or a tiger... unless i am mistaken... a rabbit will just hop off to it's hole(and kiss a$$ as per se in the army), but a tiger... well i'd say he'll be back if thats the case... no tiger likes to have the second to last word.:)

Becca
08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Becca's personal anecdotes are just wasted on someone who's just here to cause some waves. We appreciate (at least I do) that she would tell us, strangers on an internet forum, details about her personal life. And I hope that you don't take anything that was said in response personally. Like I said before, it's just not worth it.
I don't know about my comments being wasted. Once you realize he's one of those people who are inflamitory by nature and stop letting him rile you, Uki is actually pretty easy to have a meaningful, or at least as meaningful as any internet chat, conversation with. And I posted my situation here because what they say about talking to strangers is true; it helps to tell someone and telling the people I know face-to-face usually nets me advice that I should just give up on helping my dad out. And I have no intentions of doing that, so.......

uki
08-18-2008, 04:05 AM
I don't know about my comments being wasted.nothing is ever wasted unless you think it is wasted... obviously the other guy's feel like they waste their energy with me... guess that means they wasted their time, sucks for them.

Once you realize he's one of those people who are inflamitory by nature and stop letting him rile you, Uki is actually pretty easy to have a meaningful, or at least as meaningful as any internet chat, conversation withwhoa, you catch on quick.:p

as a kid i was that 9 year-old deaf kid with asthma throwing rocks at the hornets nest.:)

funny about the rile comment... my sons middle name is pro nounced rile, but i spelt it riil.

SimonM
08-18-2008, 05:46 AM
college is for people who cannot think on their own, besides graduating with a debt that will take half my life to pay off isn't quite my idea of the american dream. besides i graduated HS...

College is where you go to develop the tools to think on your own with clarity and lucidity.

The Willow Sword
08-18-2008, 07:02 AM
College is where you go to develop the tools to think on your own with clarity and lucidity.

ROFLMFAO!!! Oh i beg to differ on that little comment. College is the 2nd Highschool,only this time the social pressures are even WORSE and you have to PAY to go and they DONT CARE if you show up or not.
Trade and Technical is where it is at these days, better job placement, better money,better security for your future,ALTHOUGH, i will say that i wished i had the rich parents to put me through a second high school phase. i prolly wouldve had major fun,and studied to become an archeologist or something(love ancient history), got out and been standing there wondering what the fuk i just did for 5 years.

On the subject of Elderly Care. My Mother is an O.T. and works at a couple of nursing homes "Geezer mining":D she calls her particular brand of work(which is rehabilitation) Its appauling that this country is so fixated on throwing their elders into these "luxury hospice purgatory prisons" until they die. Most other cultures inlcuding the ones just south of us keep their elders at home and care for them until they decided their mission on the planet is finished. Its tough i know because we live in a overworked society that doesnt have much time to do anything much less care for an elder. SO i have a great deal of respect for Becca and others who care for their elders.

As for Uki being a Troll? I dont think so. I like him actually, but he is a bit of a pr!ckly pear cactus:D:D

Peace,TWS

uki
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
As for Uki being a Troll? I dont think so.all this troll stuff is making me giggle... while being a street juggler in europe, most of the time i slept in parks, train cars, and under alot of bridges... i always felt like a troll. since it is the olympic year, one particual bridge i stayed under was on the road through olympia, greece, just outside the entrance to the first olympic stadium... my friend and i walked and hitch-hiked from patras to athen via the road thru olympia... thank goodness the orange trees were ripe, because thats all we ate aside from bread during that stint through the greek sticks and olive fields.

I like him actually, but he is a bit of a pr!ckly pear cactus. actually i was thinking more along the lines of the peyote cactus.:D

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 01:12 PM
There are two key's to resisting the rear naked choke:

1) control the arm choking you (typically the right arm):
Most people being choked try to grab the opponent's right elbow. That usually fails to stop the choke.

Grab the right WRIST, or at least wedge a hand or finger between your neck and his arm.

2) remove the hand used to stabilize your head (typically the left hand).

Try to dislodge your attacker's left hand from your head. Do this by grabbing his left hand fingers with your fist, or push his left wrist off your head if he has a closed hand.

Both those maneuvers are ILLEGAL in MMA competition, which is why landing a rear naked choke usually means instant defeat in MMA tournament judging.

MasterKiller
08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
There are two key's to resisting the rear naked choke:

1) control the arm choking you (typically the right arm):
Most people being choked try to grab the opponent's right elbow. That usually fails to stop the choke.

Grab the right WRIST, or at least wedge a hand or finger between your neck and his arm.

2) remove the hand used to stabilize your head (typically the left hand).

Try to dislodge your attacker's left hand from your head. Do this by grabbing his left hand fingers with your fist, or push his left wrist off your head if he has a closed hand.

Both those maneuvers are ILLEGAL in MMA competition, which is why landing a rear naked choke usually means instant defeat in MMA tournament judging.

Grabbing the wrist is not illegal. Grabbing the gloves is.

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 01:26 PM
The referee will still deduct points from you for grabbing at a glove.

At the least, he'll give you a warning in the ring before he notifies the judges on the next infraction.

In the end, it doesn't matter.

There really is no referee-sanctioned way to defend against a rear naked choke inside the MMA ring, but there are LOTS OF WAYS to defend against a rear naked choke in reality combat.

Becca
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
There really is no referee-sanctioned way to defend against a rear naked choke inside the MMA ring, but there are LOTS OF WAYS to defend against a rear naked choke in reality combat.And yet we see failed RNC attempts all the time. Surely they wern't all "improperly applied." I bet most were effectivly defended.....

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
To me, a "rear naked choke" implies that the person being choked is having his airflow cut of by an opponent who has him in a choking position.

ATTEMPTS at rear naked chokes can easily be defended in the ring. But once the choke is landed and pressure applied, that's when it's virtually impossible to escape. And even if the defender escapes, the judges will award significant points to the choker. Either way, it's a losing proposition.

The officer in question was choked to the point of nearly death. Had he been trained in nonMMA ways to break the rear naked choke, he would be in better health today.

To me, the semantic details of what happens within the rules of a MMA ring have absolutely no bearing on reality combat.

specialed
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
its always fun to come back and look at this forum. its still the internet's largest haven for tards. uki, congrats. you win the tard of the week award, which is only outdone by the willow sword who wins tard of the century. but thanks kids, i'll look back in a few weeks for some more laughs.

uki
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
its always fun to come back and look at this forum. its still the internet's largest haven for tards.well now we see why you stop in.

uki, congrats. you win the tard of the week award, which is only outdone by the willow sword who wins tard of the century. wow. i got alot of these types and kinds of awards. thanks.

but thanks kids, i'll look back in a few weeks for some more laughs.it takes that long to construct a sentence or two?

The Willow Sword
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Special ed is one of those floating trolls that likes to pop in every once in a while.
:rolleyes: He is a nobody,in fact i would bet real money that specialed is an alter ego of one of the other douchewads here on the forum. you KNOW who you are. LOL!!!

uki
08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Special ed is one of those floating trolls that likes to pop in every once in a while. trust me, his handle gave alot away.

The Willow Sword
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Actually a nice little IP trace would reveal who it is. But i dont need to do that, i already KNOW who it is. anywhoo. :rolleyes:

Peace,TWS

uki
08-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Actually a nice little IP trace would reveal who it is. But i dont need to do that, i already KNOW who it is. anywhoo. yeah it is probably some twad who runs a school and calls himself a master or instructor or something. a few of those guys have wonderful vocabularies and some get sick to their stomachs. :p

Becca
08-19-2008, 08:56 PM
To me, a "rear naked choke" implies that the person being choked is having his airflow cut of by an opponent who has him in a choking position.

ATTEMPTS at rear naked chokes can easily be defended in the ring. But once the choke is landed and pressure applied, that's when it's virtually impossible to escape. And even if the defender escapes, the judges will award significant points to the choker. Either way, it's a losing proposition.

The officer in question was choked to the point of nearly death. Had he been trained in nonMMA ways to break the rear naked choke, he would be in better health today.

To me, the semantic details of what happens within the rules of a MMA ring have absolutely no bearing on reality combat.It's a point of semantics I will argue. A fully applied RNC that is escaped is a RNC attempt that failed, but was still technicallya RNC. I've herd that a properly applied RNC is virtually impossible to escape. But I say it is only imposible to escape below certain skill levels, both in the ring and out. This being said, every one gets caught from time to time. You do not know if the bouncer had any training on how to escape them in "reality combat.: You do not know if the perp had any real training in fighting, either. There is not enough actual fact know about that fight to make a judgement like the one you put forward.

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Becca, I won't argue against you for the sake of arguing.

All I know is that somebody got hurt in a way that possibly could've been avoided. No amount of theorizing can change what actually happened.

Anybody can get caught in a bad situation, and no amount of training makes anybody invincible. All one can do is train methods that hopefully increase the odds of surviving common attacks like the rear naked choke, then hope for the best.

Semantics are for ring judges who CHOOSE the winner of a tournament exhibition bout. That's not so in reality combat.

There is absolutely ZERO room for semantics in surviving reality combat encounters, legally and physically.

lkfmdc
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
We should all take a moment to welcome our new troll - Kevin Huang

Now, that being said, let's all take a moment to put him on "ignore" and take the oath to pretend that he doesn't exist at all

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Um, hello lkfmdc.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody else. Actually, I feel privileged to be posting on the same forum as you.

I haven't even been here 24 hours, and I'm already being called a "troll"? NICE!

Becca
08-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Um, hello lkfmdc.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody else. Actually, I feel privileged to be posting on the same forum as you.

I haven't even been here 24 hours, and I'm already being called a "troll"? NICE!Ross (lkfmdc) calls anyone a troll who states an oppinion that focuses on "reality fighting". I have tosay, that is also what got me going after you. Only dipwads of McDojo grads think there's all that there is such a thing as an uber deadly streat only, too deadly for the ring technique, let alone whole style of fighting out there.

Becca
08-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Becca, I won't argue against you for the sake of arguing.

All I know is that somebody got hurt in a way that possibly could've been avoided. No amount of theorizing can change what actually happened.

That being said, you did spacifically state that:

Yes, all fights can theoratically be avoided. And bouncers do in fact have high risk jobs. We even have a long time bouncer on this board that once ended up down an elevator shaft. Notice that he his not one of the morons spounting off about a lack of saftey, stratagy, or training. His only comment were along the lines of how bouncers usually work in teams.:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
08-20-2008, 07:05 AM

RNCs do not cut off air flow. It's a blood choke.

MasterKiller
08-20-2008, 07:07 AM
I haven't even been here 24 hours, and I'm already being called a "troll"? NICE!
Actually, you've been here before. You run the school in Arizona, right?

jo
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM

Here...this was in yesterdays paper.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192008/news/regionalnews/lady_cops_arrested_in_bronx_beat_125110.htm

-jo

The Willow Sword
08-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Man thats terrible. That's why i love law enforcement so much:rolleyes:

Peace,TWS

jo
08-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Man thats terrible. That's why i love law enforcement so much:rolleyes:

From todays paper...it just gets worse and worse.

City leaders must get serious about policing the police
BY CHRISTOPHER DUNN & DONNA LIEBERMAN
Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 4:00 AM

Hermann for News
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly
Caught on videotape: An NYPD officer lowers his shoulder and viciously levels an innocent bike rider in the heart of Times Square; another officer repeatedly hits a man curled up on a public street with his baton in broad daylight; and yet a third officer beats a handcuffed man with his baton, takes a break to answer his cell phone and then resumes the beating.
Shocking as these recently revealed incidents are, they are no surprise. Rather, brazen attacks like these are the predictable result of Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly's decision to turn a blind eye to officer misconduct over the past few years.
Most complaints of police abuse of civilians are investigated by the Civilian Complaint Review Board, an independent city agency. But when the board finds misconduct has occurred, Kelly controls whether the Police Department pursues the case. He also has final say over all discipline, which can range from merely giving verbal "instructions" about how to handle future civilian encounters to firing the officer. And Kelly doesn't have to explain his decision to anyone.
During Kelly's most recent tenure as commissioner, discipline of officers found guilty by the CCRB has deteriorated dramatically. Between 2002 and 2004, about one-half of those officers received discipline more severe than instructions, about one-quarter received instructions, and a tiny number of cases were closed by the department without further action. (The remaining cases ended without discipline for miscellaneous other reasons.) Since 2005, however, only one-quarter of officers have received punishment more severe than instructions - half the rate of the three previous years. Conversely, slap-on-the-wrist instructions rose dramatically, comprising more than half of all cases completed in 2006.
Most troubling, the rate of cases the department has simply closed without action or discipline has spiked, from less than 4% each year between 2002 and 2006 to nearly 35% in 2007 and more than 30% so far this year. As a result of all this, the proportion of officers given only instructions or whose cases are just dropped has more than tripled since 2002, rising in 2007 to 66% of the cases where the CCRB had found misconduct.
And we are not just talking about minor misconduct. Officers using excessive force against civilians - the most serious form of misconduct - accounted for more than 10% of the cases dropped in 2007 and more than a quarter of the cases so far this year. Meanwhile, minor misconduct like offensive language or discourtesy has accounted for less than 5% of the dropped cases since 2006.

-jo

golden arhat
08-20-2008, 03:26 PM
well obviously you know nothing because the basic premise for that choke is to cut off blood supply to the brain hence why pressure is applied at the sides where the main arterys are, hence you whole argument is flawed in that you dont know the first thing about what you are talking about.

Kevin Huang
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I won't post on this thread anymore.

Since you guys are telling me that a rear naked choke DOES NOT cut off airflow, I cannot and will not continue this discussion. My opinion on how I feel about your views shall stay my own.

I'm out. Good day.

SAAMAG
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM

Since you guys are telling me that a rear naked choke DOES NOT cut off airflow, I cannot and will not continue this discussion. My opinion on how I feel about your views shall stay my own.

I'm out. Good day.

You were exposed for lack of knowledge on the technique...that's all that happened. Don't get hurt because you got called out.

But to your credit you can apply an RNC to affect airflow by placing the forearm across the trachea as opposed to having the elbow in front of it. That however, is a more inferior method than a blood choke and thus not commonly utilized. That's why everyone got on you about the RNC. In the military we learned both versions, but again, one is less effective than the other.

As long as you don't pull a HW8 and start spouting off about non-realistic things or talking about subjects you really have no training in...you'll do fine here.

golden arhat
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Since you guys are telling me that a rear naked choke DOES NOT cut off airflow.

well it doesn't cut of air flow

plain and simple, and people in the ufc or whastever venue get out of RNC's all the tuime by grabbing at fingers/wrist/hand and pulling, simple, i do MMA and when someone tries to put me in an RNC i pull their arm off or try to, so shut up abotu what you do not know.

uki
08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
if you are standing on your feet when the the choke is applied, one avenue of defense is simply to grab the arm of the attacker, kick both your feet up and twist and roll while in the air(opposite of the choking arm), use the momentum of your feet, legs and falling body to add power to your spin... the momentum and torgue energy of the spin should work in ones favor. i weigh in at about 160 and i demonstrated with a 220 lb guy who was shorter than me and he went sailing head over heels... in any case it's better than choking to death... so give it a try... it's kinda like doing a twisting front flip.:)

golden arhat
08-20-2008, 04:49 PM
if you are standing on your feet when the the choke is applied, one avenue of defense is simply to grab the arm of the attacker, kick both your feet up and twist and roll while in the air(opposite of the choking arm), use the momentum of your feet, legs and falling body to add power to your spin... the momentum and torgue energy of the spin should work in ones favor. i weigh in at about 160 and i demonstrated with a 220 lb guy who was shorter than me and he went sailing head over heels... in any case it's better than choking to death... so give it a try... it's kinda like doing a twisting front flip.:)

well usually when its applied on me we're wrestlinmg so i'm speaking from that view but yeah turning into your opponent is a good method in conjunction with others aswell obviously

uki
08-20-2008, 05:08 PM
well usually when its applied on me we're wrestlinmg so i'm speaking from that view but yeah turning into your opponent is a good method in conjunction with others aswell obviouslythe only reason i know this works for me is because the guy said there is really no escape or way to get out... of course i had to beg to differ and promptly threw him on his head. these types of situations are when grabbing muscle and ripping tendons out comes into play... of course this is not the way of the MMA. it's hard to respect fighting arts that have some set of rules and regulations... the shaolin have none... when attacked, respond to win.

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
From todays paper...it just gets worse and worse.

City leaders must get serious about policing the police
BY CHRISTOPHER DUNN & DONNA LIEBERMAN
Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 4:00 AM

Hermann for News
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly
Caught on videotape: An NYPD officer lowers his shoulder and viciously levels an innocent bike rider in the heart of Times Square; another officer repeatedly hits a man curled up on a public street with his baton in broad daylight; and yet a third officer beats a handcuffed man with his baton, takes a break to answer his cell phone and then resumes the beating.
Shocking as these recently revealed incidents are, they are no surprise. Rather, brazen attacks like these are the predictable result of Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly's decision to turn a blind eye to officer misconduct over the past few years.
Most complaints of police abuse of civilians are investigated by the Civilian Complaint Review Board, an independent city agency. But when the board finds misconduct has occurred, Kelly controls whether the Police Department pursues the case. He also has final say over all discipline, which can range from merely giving verbal "instructions" about how to handle future civilian encounters to firing the officer. And Kelly doesn't have to explain his decision to anyone.
During Kelly's most recent tenure as commissioner, discipline of officers found guilty by the CCRB has deteriorated dramatically. Between 2002 and 2004, about one-half of those officers received discipline more severe than instructions, about one-quarter received instructions, and a tiny number of cases were closed by the department without further action. (The remaining cases ended without discipline for miscellaneous other reasons.) Since 2005, however, only one-quarter of officers have received punishment more severe than instructions - half the rate of the three previous years. Conversely, slap-on-the-wrist instructions rose dramatically, comprising more than half of all cases completed in 2006.
Most troubling, the rate of cases the department has simply closed without action or discipline has spiked, from less than 4&#37; each year between 2002 and 2006 to nearly 35% in 2007 and more than 30% so far this year. As a result of all this, the proportion of officers given only instructions or whose cases are just dropped has more than tripled since 2002, rising in 2007 to 66% of the cases where the CCRB had found misconduct.
And we are not just talking about minor misconduct. Officers using excessive force against civilians - the most serious form of misconduct - accounted for more than 10% of the cases dropped in 2007 and more than a quarter of the cases so far this year. Meanwhile, minor misconduct like offensive language or discourtesy has accounted for less than 5% of the dropped cases since 2006.

-jo

Well this article makes uki's poor attitude about cops a little more clear. I have lived in rural areas most of my life.....we have our jerks, but most are very good cops. I can see where these sorts of activities would jade one's perspective towards law enforcement officers.

SAAMAG
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
the only reason i know this works for me is because the guy said there is really no escape or way to get out... of course i had to beg to differ and promptly threw him on his head. these types of situations are when grabbing muscle and ripping tendons out comes into play... of course this is not the way of the MMA. it's hard to respect fighting arts that have some set of rules and regulations... the shaolin have none... when attacked, respond to win.

What makes you think for any second that a pro fighter would fight within the confines of a venue's ruleset when in real-life combat? Are you so biased or dense in your thinking that you believe MMA'ers or whatever pro venue type fighter wouldn't be able to discern sport from real life?

Yes, the shaolin monks with their vicious tendon ripping and muscle tearing are the only ones that know how to fight in real life. Just more nonsense theory.

golden arhat
08-20-2008, 06:53 PM
the only reason i know this works for me is because the guy said there is really no escape or way to get out... of course i had to beg to differ and promptly threw him on his head. these types of situations are when grabbing muscle and ripping tendons out comes into play... of course this is not the way of the MMA. it's hard to respect fighting arts that have some set of rules and regulations... the shaolin have none... when attacked, respond to win.

oh dont get me started, of course i'l do whatever to the opponent in real life

in mma in order to not injure your training parter you dont break all the gusy fingers you practise using leverage to get the guys arm off you and i'd bet you any mma guy who actively puts on and defends Rear naked day in day out will get out of most holds and situations he finds himself in on the street as opposed to practising things half assed on opponents who are willing and pretending to actually main an opponent, where as mixed martial arts uses the principle of training what you can train safely to a high standard and realising that you dont need a lesson on how to jab someone in the eyes or tear your tendon in a hold

if i can punch you in the face i can jab you in the eyes just as easily and if i can forcibly take your hand off me the hard way through leverage and simple grabbing, i can tear and rend alot better than "the shaolin" can

and i do those two things alot more realistically and often than anyone from any traditional shaolin school does

you can gather the basic idea of what your doing through drill ptractise but unless you test punching someone in the face either sparring or for real your really just going through the motions

like i said, i dont need lessons on how to jab someone in the eyes when i can already punch them in the face, just changing how the hand is positioned is the only difference. same with pulling someones hand off while wrestling
if it was for real i could dig my nails in and bite and would do so naturally, but i've practised the main principle and putting it into effect more often and realistically than the "deadly shaolin":rolleyes:

uki
08-20-2008, 07:10 PM
What makes you think for any second that a pro fighter would fight within the confines of a venue's ruleset when in real-life combat?hard to train for real life combat when you are too busy satisfying your ego's... what's the point of fighting with rules... none.

Are you so biased or dense in your thinking that you believe MMA'ers or whatever pro venue type fighter wouldn't be able to discern sport from real life? what makes a pro fighter anyway... how well he adheres to rules and regulations... how many dingleberries he cleans from his teeth?

Yes, the shaolin monks with their vicious tendon ripping and muscle tearing are the only ones that know how to fight in real life.actually we don't fight. everything is practice.

Just more nonsense theory.just as an MMA'er.:p

golden arhat
08-20-2008, 08:22 PM
hard to train for real life combat when you are too busy satisfying your ego's... what's the point of fighting with rules... none.
what makes a pro fighter anyway... how well he adheres to rules and regulations... how many dingleberries he cleans from his teeth?
actually we don't fight. everything is practice.

just as an MMA'er.:p

does anyone else see this guy ?

i swear the gene pool needs a bit more chlorine

rogue
08-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Works great under class room conditions or in professional wrestling, but even when sparring every time I've either been put into a choke or put some one into a choke hold it was because someone made a mistake (the chokee) and the guy applying the choke is not trying to hold up the guy he's choking.

SAAMAG
08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
hard to train for real life combat when you are too busy satisfying your ego's...what's the point of fighting with rules... none.
what makes a pro fighter anyway... how well he adheres to rules and regulations... how many dingleberries he cleans from his teeth?
actually we don't fight. everything is practice.

just as an MMA'er.:p

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here...and assume that you're just playing a role online. But to answer your questions...

1. You might feel that fighting pro has to do with ego, and for some it very well be the case. But who are you to say what the motivation is for any pro fighter? I was training to go pro but decided to join the military instead because I felt that it provided a better preparation for my future. I am currently training harder and working on conditioning, and I'm on the fence with attempting to fight pro again--my motivation? Because I love martial arts and I love testing myself. I love the process of making myself better with each encounter. Ego? Nope. Winning fights don't truly mean anything outside of the fact that you were better that night.

2. Fighting with rules, allows the fighters to train in the most realistic atmosphere possible without killing your partner. The rules are there to try and make it so training can be continued on a consistent basis. Some venues have more rules than others...just depends on how many rules YOU want to fight with. What's the point of practicing your deadly real-life art without being able to actually do any of your moves? That's more pointless than fighting with rules I'd say.

3. A pro fighter, whether than be in MMA or any other venue (boxing, wrestling, judo, etc) are considered to be the best of the best. Why? Because they're out there testing themselves against others who strive to be the best. The only way to become better is to fight the best. It's only logical.

4. I'm no MMA'er. The pro fighting I was going to do years ago was Muay Thai. It was only later that I took up Jujutsu and now Judo. Not because of the MMA fad...but because I simply appreciate arts where the participants actually fight and train accordingly. You cannot call yourself a fighter or even a martial artist if you're not in shape and have never experienced a fight.

jo
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Well this article makes uki's poor attitude about cops a little more clear. I have lived in rural areas most of my life.....we have our jerks, but most are very good cops. I can see where these sorts of activities would jade one's perspective towards law enforcement officers.

The NYPD is full of freaking a-holes.

Most of which have Daddy and Granddad as Cops.

That means they can get away with **** that would get a "normal"...i.e. "non connected" officer would get in trouble for.

Google: JUSTIN VOLPE

The Poster Boy for psycho a-holes who have a Cop as a parent.

Just WHAT values did Justin Volpe's Daddy instill in him?

- jo

Becca
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
well obviously you know nothing because the basic premise for that choke is to cut off blood supply to the brain hence why pressure is applied at the sides where the main arterys are, hence you whole argument is flawed in that you dont know the first thing about what you are talking about.
The basic of where he got the wrong idea is there. Many kung fu schools teach that a choke cuts off air and a strangle cuts off blood flow. the Rear Naked Choke is called a choke, there for someone trained in kung fu who doesn't know what a RNC is might very well assume it cuts off air flow.

The Willow Sword
08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
http://fight.bodoglife.net/images/bodog-girls/photo-galleries/know-your-moves-the-rear-naked-choke-04.jpg

Now as we can see from this very clear and well demonstrated picture of the rear naked choke, one can CLEARLY SEE where air flow AND blood flow would be cut off rendering the opponent unconsious. Now if the elbow was more in line with the throat then air flow would not necessarily be cut off but blood flow WOULD. However we see that if the forearm is parallell to the throat then air flow would be cut off as well:). Either way Blood flow WOULD be cut off. And as our beloved Mr Miyagi says "if done correctly no can defense":cool:

Peace,TWS

CLFLPstudent
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Wait, they are clearly NOT naked :mad:

I call foul!

-David

SAAMAG
08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
http://fight.bodoglife.net/images/bodog-girls/photo-galleries/know-your-moves-the-rear-naked-choke-04.jpg

Now as we can see from this very clear and well demonstrated picture of the rear naked choke, one can CLEARLY SEE where air flow AND blood flow would be cut off rendering the opponent unconsious. Now if the elbow was more in line with the throat then air flow would not necessarily be cut off but blood flow WOULD. However we see that if the forearm is parallell to the throat then air flow would be cut off as well:). Either way Blood flow WOULD be cut off. And as our beloved Mr Miyagi says "if done correctly no can defense":cool:

Peace,TWS

Uh....mmm.....where's the elbow again?

The Willow Sword
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM

Hold on let me go back to the pic and take a look. I will get back to you on that one Van.

;)TWS

Lucas
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM

whats an elbow......

MasterKiller
08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Here is the Bodog video tutorial for that pic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vUyXan1HA

SimonM
08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
vicious tendon ripping and muscle tearing

That's not what the hu jow is for!

jo
08-22-2008, 04:24 PM

Its sad to say, but true, that in NYC the cops who are TRUE A**HOLES often turn out to be second or even third generation Blue.

We had Justin Volpe, the plunger rapist, whose father was known as the "Art Cop" for his work tracking down art forgers. Most recently we had the fat bast*^&#37; Officer Pogan who cold-c0&#169;ked an innocent bicyclist. The A**HOLE is the son of a cop.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u_xABS6Brho&feature=related

What do these retards learn from their fathers? Respect? Integrity? Professionalism?

NO! They learn that its all about the "Us vs. Them" mentality of the NYPD and that short of killing someone, they can do just about whatever they want...just as long as it not caught on tape.

I wonder what the tubby coward named Officer Pogan will get for attempting to injure an innocent person...probably just a slap on the wrist because the Blue never want to "ruin a fine career" because of a "mistake".

However, more and more, "mistakes" by the NYPD result in injury and DEATH to the innocent.

Complaints against the NYPD have been soaring, yet the number of cops who are disciplined with more than a "talking to" or a "note in thier file" has dropped dramatically since Kelly became Commissioner again.

"Since 2002, cases in which officers were issued "instructions" rather than more serious discipline increased from 25 percent to 75 percent."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06282007/news/regionalnews/nypd_beefs_rarer_regionalnews_jamie_schram.htm

- jo