08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
http://vsearch.cctv.com/plgs_play.php?ref=CCTV4prog_20080715_6383999

:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Excellent!!

Thanks!!

Now i just need to learn Chinese!!!

Either that, or I need someone to translate for me.

Ben Gash
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey SPJ, my wife and I were recorded a couple of times by CCTV at Wudang in June. I think they'd definitely use the footage of my wife as they took a lot of it and she's a VERY white woman. Any chance you could find it?

MasterKiller
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey SPJ, my wife and I were recorded a couple of times by CCTV at Wudang in June. I think they'd definitely use the footage of my wife as they took a lot of it and she's a VERY white woman. Any chance you could find it?

Maybe you should post some bikini pics of her, just so he knows what he's looking for.

SPJ
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
sorry. I do not work for CCTV.

But I only search the programs that cover CMA areas that I understand or practice.

:D;)

SPJ
08-21-2008, 08:06 PM
yes. it is a very nice tv series.

but it actually asked more questions than gave us any definate answers.

some highlites.

The reporter visited yun cheng. It used to be a military station city.

Tai Zu men really from Song first emperor?

1. Luo Han Tai Zu Da Hong Quan as practiced and passed down from Huang Guan Xun (88 years old with the crane).

It is the same as da and xiao hong fists in Shaolin. (since Zhao Kuan Yin entered shaolin to learn before)

2. Song Tai Zu also known for his staff, pan long gun or dragon straddling staff. Tai Zu men has many weapons but mostly long staff, 2 section and 3 section staff etc.

3. Tai Zu men also has the 8 hand methods (actually uses of the hand, elbow, shoulder, chest, back, hit/butt, knee and foot, or 8 section/area of the body) as demo by Zhou Hong Ke (with beard and white shirt).

4. Tai Zu men also has Tai Zu long fist 32 postures as recorded in Qi Ji Guang book.

5. actually, there are also hua quan, er lang quan etc practiced in Yun Cheng.

--

Maybe we would never know the MA practiced in Yun Cheng really from the first emporer of song or not.

But the important thing is that Wushu practice

Wushu is like power of the body and wisdom of the mind placed together.

Wushu was its importance in the military, now that the gun and firearm took its place.

However, practice of MA from people in Yun Cheng continued.

:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
yes. it is a very nice tv series.

but it actually asked more questions than gave us any definate answers.

some highlites.

The reporter visited yun cheng. It used to be a military station city.

Tai Zu men really from Song first emperor?

1. Luo Han Tai Zu Da Hong Quan as practiced and passed down from Huang Guan Xun (88 years old with the crane).

It is the same as da and xiao hong fists in Shaolin. (since Zhao Kuan Yin entered shaolin to learn before)

Reply]
Interesting. From the history i know, those sets were developed in part FROM Zhao Kuang Yin's "Flood Fist" style.

2. Song Tai Zu also known for his staff, pan long gun or dragon straddling staff. Tai Zu men has many weapons but mostly long staff, 2 section and 3 section staff etc.

Reply]
Yes, this is true, he is credited with inventing the 2 & 3 section staff.

3. Tai Zu men also has the 8 hand methods (actually uses of the hand, elbow, shoulder, chest, back, hit/butt, knee and foot, or 8 section/area of the body) as demo by Zhou Hong Ke (with beard and white shirt).

4. Tai Zu men also has Tai Zu long fist 32 postures as recorded in Qi Ji Guang book.

Reply]
This is interesting because this set is said to be Qi Jigung's condensation of 16 different styles. He made it by taking 32 techniques that all these different styles had in common and assembled them into one form. Most of these techniques are found in Tai Tzu I am told, but I have not done a comparison of this set yet. It is very rare, and I had to spend years trying to find footage of it.

5. actually, there are also hua quan, er lang quan etc practiced in Yun Cheng.

Reply]
Hua Quan is one of the styles Zhao did before he entered the military. I don't know if it iis the same Hua Quan or not though. There are any different styles, but often they have the smae names. Maybe what they are doing is some line of Zhao's Hua Quan?

One thing I am curious about is the set they kept doing. I don't recognize it. I am wondering what the name is, and if they talk about it? What is said about it?

SPJ
08-22-2008, 07:57 AM
1. red fist, is it someone else brought it to shaolin and Zhao learned from shaolin?
or Zhao brought is to shaolin?

red fist started from Shanxi, then to shan dong?

2. red fist was renamed to flood fist both sound hong in chinese, due to the first emperor of ming is zhu hong wu. so to avoid emperor's name red.

3. quan jing 32 postures were compiled by qi ji guang to train soldiers. agreed.

--

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
1. red fist, is it someone else brought it to shaolin and Zhao learned from shaolin?
or Zhao brought is to shaolin?

Reply]
Zhao taught his Lao Hong style to Shaolin before he was the Emperor. The "Legend" says that this set is a distillation of all the styles Zhao knew, into one hybred condensed system comprised of all his most commonly used and successful techniques. THIS is THE form from him, that many confuse the history of the Shaolin 32 posture Tai Tzu Chang Chuan with.

red fist started from Shanxi, then to shan dong?

Reply]
I am not 100% sure, but I think these are two different styles.

2. red fist was renamed to flood fist both sound hong in chinese, due to the first emperor of ming is zhu hong wu. so to avoid emperor's name red.

Reply]
No, Flood fist is from Zhao Kuang Yin. It is the original name of his style. The "RED" Fist is a different style all it's own. Many get confused because of the similarities in the names and the fact that both are types of Long Fist.

3. quan jing 32 postures were compiled by qi ji guang to train soldiers. agreed

Reply]
Yes, this is correct, however many Tai Tzu lines consider it part of the tai tzu style because a majority of the postures are found in Tai tzu Chang Chuan. Basically Qi Jiguang just took postures common to all 16 styles, and made a universal basic training set from them, so Tai Tzu people like to say the set is thiers....of course any one of those 16 styles can say that too.