PDA

View Full Version : Best movie fight ever.

Chang Style Novice
11-10-2001, 06:57 AM
Just one. Not ten, not three, not two.

Because there can only be one!

Chang Style Novice
11-10-2001, 07:00 AM
I rerented Meals on Wheels.

Benny the Jet vs. Jackie Chan in this flick is even superior to their rematch in Dragons Forever, in my estimation (DF is a superior movie as a whole, but that's not what this thread is about.) Great moves, great pacing, great emotional drama. It's got it all. And no wires! What a sweet, sweet fight.

honorisc
11-10-2001, 10:28 AM
"Black Mask" near the end, graveyard fight scene. Pure defense while trying to not hurt the other person. Nicely done.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Jimbo
11-10-2001, 09:39 PM
Best movie fight ever is tough to answer, but I can mention some of my favorites.

Lar Ka Leung (Liu Chia-Liang) vs. Eurasian kickboxer Eddie Maher in New Kids in Town (don't remember American release title. Also stars Chin Siu-Ho and Moon Lee).

Jackie Chan Vs. Benny Uriquidez, Wheels on Meals.

Yuen Biao vs. Frankie Chan, Prodigal Son.

Hwang Jang-Lee's final fight scene in The Kid From Kwangtung.

Jackie Chan vs. Ken Lo in Drunken Master II.

Yuen Te vs. Wang Lung-Wei (Three Evil Masters).

Sammo Hung vs. Lau Ka-Leung and (later) Billy Chow (Pedicab Driver).

Jim

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 12:57 AM
Jimbo's a CHEATER! But he's got taste, so it's okay.

firepalm
11-11-2001, 02:56 AM
Black Sheep Affair, hands down... lesser known for those that don't know it; it stars Chui Man Chuek (the guy who temporarily replaced Jet Li for OUATIC 4 & 5). Chui is a PLA soldier stationed in Eastern Europe during political unrest trying to capture a escaped Japanese terrorist. Ching Siu Dong (of Chinese Ghost Story) directs. Ending fight scene is non stop escalating dramatic action... the chemistry between the two hero & villian is incredible.

diego
11-11-2001, 02:58 AM
i dont know the title i was surfing and it came on i think its a movie with goldie hawn
but it rocked he was on some seagall with a linebacker haymaker style,awesome like it was totally edited and cutscreen but hes all mutherfuq bam,breaking arms and ish
dont know the title
maybe reynolds fans online can help

hmph ya right,it was a good fight though

if i throw sand in ya face;WILL YOU Blink".

cho
11-11-2001, 04:54 AM
The final fight in Police Story.

I love those one guy vs. ten fights. Plus, glass smashing everywhere!

Black_Talon
11-11-2001, 09:42 AM
WOW this is tuff!! Ok I narrowed it down to 2

Yuen Biao vs. Frankie Chan in Prodigal Son

Jackie Chan vs. Ken Lo in Drunken Master II

AND THE WINNER IS???

Jackie Chan vs. Ken Lo

I could watch whole fight scene all day long and not frow tired of it!! It's the best of all time!!

http://utu.unrealism.com/AceScreens/avatar.gif
Some may boast of prowess bold,
Of the school they think so grand,
But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
------------------
------------------
UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
Ace82@unrealism.com
UT Unlimited (http://utu.unrealism.com)

straight blast
11-11-2001, 01:09 PM
Jet Li in Fist of Legend- the whole fight where he fights that dude (Fumio Funakoshi?) then they put the blindfolds on. Un -f**king-believable. My video of this is so worn over that section as I have just watched it over & over. Slow motion too. I still get goosebumps watching it. :cool:

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 03:53 PM
Straight Blast -

Excellent choice, but Jet Li fights Yasuake Kurata in that scene. Just for the record. I believe Fumio Funakoshi plays the girlfriend.

on edit -

D'oh! The actor is Yasuaki Kurata, the character he plays is Fumio Funakoshi, the role of the girlfriend (Mitsuko Yamada) is played by Shinobu Nakayama.

I love the IMDB (http://www.imdb.com)

[This message was edited by Chang Style Novice on 11-12-01 at 06:01 AM.]

JerryLove
11-11-2001, 04:56 PM
Andy Potamkin vs either Cory Elws, or the four extras (when he first confronts the six-fingered man) in "the Princess Bride".

http://www.clearsilat.com

azzzy
11-11-2001, 06:03 PM
The last 15 minutes of Jackie Chan's "Armor Of God". First Jackie vs. a gang of monks and then Jackie vs. 4 scary ladies.

Also the last fight in "Who Am I?" would be close second.

HuangKaiVun
11-11-2001, 06:57 PM
Return of the Dragon: Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris

Honorable mention: Best of the Best ("Tommy Lee" vs. "Dae Han Park")

Jimbo
11-11-2001, 08:23 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Another great final fight scene is the entire final sequence at the end of Sammo Hung's Eastern Condors, especially the scenes with Yuan Wah doing his "eagle claw" style. :)
Jim

Kristoffer
11-12-2001, 12:26 AM
After alot of thinking...

Who am I - last fight with the 2 guys on the roof. AWSOME

But the movies I think has best MA fights over-all through the whole movies are Fist of Legend and Rumble in the Bronx . But the best fight goes to Who am I.

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --