PDA

View Full Version : BJJ use and Kung Fu

Merryprankster
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Anybody here roll around on the ground with members of the same sex in a vaguely ****-erotic display of aggression? How does it affect your Kung Fu?

mantis108
08-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Better than chocolate. :D

monji112000
08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Anybody here roll around on the ground with members of the same sex in a vaguely ****-erotic display of aggression? How does it affect your Kung Fu?
hmm not sure about what specific sexual act your speaking of...

for the most part its help my chi.

Vash
08-19-2008, 07:48 PM

BJJ? Is that like a blumkin?

Merryprankster
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
LOL at Vash

SanHeChuan
08-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Well if I don't get a throw, I'll just pull them down into my guard instead of trying to force it or going back to where we started. Always moving forward.

Have you ever rolled in kungfu pants? Lets just say it does not offer the same degree of separation as canvas jujitsu pants. :(

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
I roll with BJJ guys not regularly, but enough to test my kung fu out.

Actually, I really enjoy having the opportunity. I was trained to fight kung fu at all angles, so fighting BJJ is just another way of working one's kung fu. I have great respect for BJJ and its practitioners as a result of my "rolling" experiences.

I firmly believe that sparring against BJJ guys has been very good for my kung fu. I feel that the more kinds of martial arts I go against, the better my kung fu will be.

Shaolinlueb
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I firmly believe that sparring against BJJ guys has been very good for my kung fu. I feel that the more kinds of martial arts I go against, the better my kung fu will be.

very good answer. but you see so many "kung fu" guys just doing BJJ now cause its more effective and "real" :rolleyes:

MightyB
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM

it's not g@y unless it moves.

Lucas
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
it's not g@y unless it moves.

so what would you do if you realized someone else's it moved while you were rolling with them?

Kevin Huang
08-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I might spar against BJJ, but I don't "do" BJJ. I stick to what I know - kung fu.

I wouldn't be a good BJJ guy even if I tried. The mentality and moves just don't come naturally to me.

monji112000
08-20-2008, 05:09 PM
so what would you do if you realized someone else's it moved while you were rolling with them?

cry...

thats why people wear cups...

Kevin Huang
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
The "it" coming up has happened to two students of mine who rolled at a BJJ academy run by a colleague of one of my martial arts instructor friends.

My two guys simply got up off the mat, said "Thank you for sparring", and left.

And NO, they weren't sparring each other when the "it" came up!!!

冠木侍
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
cry...

thats why people wear cups...

That was going to be my answer.

rogue
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Note to self: ditch leopard print thong and get a cup.

Lucas
08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Note to self: ditch leopard print thong and get a cup.

rofl!!!!!!!

SanHeChuan
08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
The "it" coming up has happened to two students of mine who rolled at a BJJ academy run by a colleague of one of my martial arts instructor friends.

I don't understand how that could happen. I took a BJJ course from my college with several female Hotties :D that I rolled with, when your in the game you shouldn't be thinking about anything but fighting. :cool:

However when I was in my teens I didn't need a reason. :eek:

Kevin Huang
08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Is it that you don't understand how a bunch of BJJ guys could be attracted to my students, or is it that you don't understand how my students recognized that their opponents were more interested in groping them than grappling them?

SanHeChuan
08-21-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't understand how anyone could get aroused no matter how attracted they were, if their head was in the game. That is just pure lack of discipline.

were your students women?

Kevin Huang
08-21-2008, 05:39 AM
People are people, sanhechuan.

YOU and I are the type of people who don't get aroused when we go against "hotties" of either sex, but not everybody is that focused when they practice against others. Instructors are not excluded from this.

The two students I'm talking about were men. Besides, the "interest" in them started as soon as they walked through the door.

monji112000
08-21-2008, 11:22 AM

this has got to be the dumbest topic. if your getting aroused then ...

1) your most likely hiding deep seeded ****sexual feelings.
or
2) your not able to find a female who actually is actually trying.

granted its nice to wrestle with females, I won't say I don't find them attractive.. but they are trying to more or less kill me... that doesn't really turn me on... if it does... you need to get laid more often.

again if my hand happens to grab something, I won't say it made me sick.;) But I didn't run to the bathroom to squeeze one off either.

Shaolinlueb
08-21-2008, 11:46 AM

wow that is pretty f'd up. i think i would have done same thing.

SanHeChuan
08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
The two students I'm talking about were men. Besides, the "interest" in them started as soon as they walked through the door.

What do you mean by "interest" are you saying it wasn't just an uncontrolled accidental reaction to someone rubbing on their man parts, but open h0m0sexual arousal. :eek:

Kevin Huang
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Like I said, people are people. The style they do doesn't change who they are.

SanHeChuan
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

wow thats pretty gay. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzdT-kerHac) :D

rogue
08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
A question for Kevin, did your guys tap?:confused: Seriously.

Kevin Huang
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Seriously rogue, it doesn't matter whether my guys tapped or not.

People are going to think what they think.

SAAMAG
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
wow thats pretty gay. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzdT-kerHac) :D

I knew that clip was going to show up in this thread. Was that from a TV show or movie or what?

MightyB
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
even though I don't practice BJJ, I do practice Judo with a lot of Newaza, and I've found that practicing a competitive grappling style makes you re-evaluate the usefulness of a lot of your previous techniques. In particular- you realize that intricate Chin Na is bunk, and that you have to really simplify your Chin Na in order for it to be effective at combat speed against an unwilling opponent.

The Willow Sword
08-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Just Pray out the Gay MP. Pray it out!! Jesus doesnt Love knob slobbers,pillow biters, turd burglars and butt pirates. Give it up!!!

:DTWS

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 05:37 AM
You know what's REALLY GAY?

A bunch of self-proclaimed "tough guys" woofing at me from a distance, but they will refuse to touch hands with me in person. That's the biggest cowardice there is, and no amount of woofing can possibly excuse it away.

I'm very findable. I'm also totally friendly to anybody who wants to visit. People who don't know anything about CMA think that touching hands is some sort of invitation for a death wish. They lack the training to realize that it's just a noncompetitive nonchallenging exchange of techniques under a safe and legal agreement, just like cage sparring with rules.

What appalls me is that people who proclaim themselves as experts and sifus in CMAs don't know this. Despite their background, their woofing is even louder than that of the juveniles. Many of these people are supposedly older. But their maturity doesn't match up with their age.

Woofing doesn't make any difference unless a guy can back up what he says with ACTION. I'm too busy teaching REAL PEOPLE to deal with woofers.

Total count of juvenile woofers who've touched hands with me in the past: ZERO.
Total count of juvenile woofers who intent to touch hands with me: ZERO.

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 06:30 AM
^^^ WTF does that have to do with any of the recent posts?

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 06:37 AM
It has everything to do with mouthboxers like YOU woofing away, knowing that you'll never face me in person.

Guys like you TALK martial arts, and with great disrespect for me and other professionals who DO martial arts for a living.

Professional martial artists like myself don't waste our time dealing with amateur woofers who can't walk the talk.

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 06:57 AM
It has everything to do with mouthboxers like YOU woofing away, knowing that you'll never face me in person.

Guys like you TALK martial arts, and with great disrespect for me and other professionals who DO martial arts for a living.

Professional martial artists like myself don't waste our time dealing with amateur woofers who can't walk the talk.

If I faced you in person, I wouldn't speak any differently. Ask anyone that knows me personally. If you act like an idiot or say something stupid--it's just in my personality to tell you. If you give an opinion on something, I'm obliged to give you mine. You don't have to agree with it, your choice.

Your post didn't have anything to do with any of the posts...it's like you had internet touretts or something. So I'm reading through the thread and then I read your last post and I was like "WTF??"

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 07:01 AM
And there you said it.

You woofed, and then you backed down. Just like the rest of 'em.

Woofers like you don't respect people, but you know better than to put yourselves on the same firing line that I willingly submit myself to every day as a martial arts professional. That's healthy for you and me as well, as my business is not one where woofers last long.

Unlike you who refuses to acknowledge that we might get along in person, my opinion of you WOULD change if I met you in person. Then I'd gladly remove you from the "woofer" category. But until then, you're just another juvenile brat woofing at me from a distance.

There's more woofing on kungfumagazine.com's forum than there is in a dog kennel!

MightyB
08-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Your post didn't have anything to do with any of the posts...it's like you had internet turretts or something. So I'm reading through the thread and then I read your last post and I was like "WTF??"

Exactly- WTF?? I was like "where'd this come from?". I think he's mixing up threads.

Kevin- All I can say is slow down on the e-challenges, that's so 2003 kfm forum. You started out with some good posts- but soon you'll just end up a troll on everyone's ignore list. There aren't that many trolls on here- and from the posts I read- people we're trying to debate you- not flame you-

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 07:09 AM
And there you said it.

You woofed, and then you backed down. Just like the rest of 'em.

Woofers like you don't respect people, but you know better than to put yourselves on the same firing line that I willingly submit myself to every day as a martial arts professional. That's healthy for you and me as well, as my business is not one where woofers last long.

Unlike you who refuses to acknowledge that we might get along in person, my opinion of you WOULD change if I met you in person. Then I'd gladly remove you from the "woofer" category. But until then, you're just another juvenile brat woofing at me from a distance.

There's more woofing on kungfumagazine.com's forum than there is in a dog kennel!

Again...WTF? You honestly don't see where that post seems out of place? And what are you talking about woofing and backing down? Seriously dude--are you in the same place as the rest of us?

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Do you honestly think I CARE about being on YOUR ignore list?

There is no debate other than the one that occurs in person. You, like Vankuen and all the other woofers here, cannot possibly understand that.

Just as you will add me to your ignore list, I will add you to my woofer list.

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Now we are knucklehead woofers. We've had so many loving pet names with the coming of our recent residents.

MightyB
08-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Do you honestly think I CARE about being on YOUR ignore list?

There is no debate other than the one that occurs in person. You, like Vankuen and all the other woofers here, cannot possibly understand that.

Just as you will add me to your ignore list, I will add you to my woofer list.

At first I thought Kevin was legit-
His posts remind me of a couple of banned kfm'ers - I just can't put my finger on which one.

You know- why of all the trolls that get banned and then come back under a new name-- why doesn't Ralek/Rolls come back- he was frigg'n awesome! He created the phrase "Royce will choke you out!"--- poetry, pure poetry.

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes vankuen and mightyB, I am in a VERY different place from the rest of you.

I do kung fu in the REAL WORLD where I'm a martial arts professional who pays rent and taxes to the IRS for teaching others. The opinion of the paying client is the only opinion that matters to me, for I am at their service and not yours.

You martial arts nonprofessionals are not doing what I'm doing, teaching others in order to make a living. Hence you can woof away at pros like me without fearing financial or bodily repercussion.

I put my body and reputation on the line EVERY TIME I step into my classes. People are scrutinizing me just as much as I am scrutinizing them. They give me a thumbs up by signing up for classes, day after day and week after week. I don't do contracts, so people can quit any time they want.

Those guys read this forum too. They see you guys woofing at me, just like everybody else does. And you know what? They STILL keep coming to classes to learn my martial arts. Hence your woofing has ZERO IMPACT in my world, which is the REAL world.

As for those who would believe your amateurish woofing, they wouldn't last a single day in my classes. Thanks to your woofing, I receive attention from only the clients who have legitimate interest and aren't into kung fu just to bully others.

Let's see who else is next on the woofing list.

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I never had the pleasure I meeting that one. But Royce WILL choke you out though...why is that so hard to believe?

I'll choke you out if you think otherwise. Remember that!

mkriii
08-22-2008, 07:23 AM
I think that doing BJJ and wrestling has helped my kung fu in that it shows me what I need to work on if I ever happened to have to fight a grappler. Plus if I feel its better to take the fight to the ground rather than fight standing I can do it.

MightyB
08-22-2008, 07:23 AM
sometimes I think it's Gene. He might get bored, create an alias, and then start flame wars to pass the time.

I'll choke you out Vankuen- you woofer!! I'm the big bad woof- now don't you forget it!

MightyB
08-22-2008, 07:26 AM
I think that doing BJJ and wrestling has helped my kung fu in that it shows me what I need to work on if I ever happened to have to fight a grappler. Plus if I feel its better to take the fight to the ground rather than fight standing I can do it.

holy sh!t...! A legit post! I tried that a few posts back and look where that got me! It made me a woofer!

Like I said- grappling training helps kung fu. You get into better shape (hard wrestling is the most intense cardio you can do) and it gives you direct feedback on how chin na has to be simple in order to have any chance at working.

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes vankuen and mightyB, I am in a VERY different place from the rest of you.

I do kung fu in the REAL WORLD where I'm a martial arts professional who pays rent and taxes to the IRS for teaching others. The opinion of the paying client is the only opinion that matters to me, for I am at their service and not yours.

You martial arts nonprofessionals are not doing what I'm doing, teaching others in order to make a living. Hence you can woof away at pros like me without fearing financial or bodily repercussion.

I put my body and reputation on the line EVERY TIME I step into my classes. People are scrutinizing me just as much as I am scrutinizing them. They give me a thumbs up by signing up for classes, day after day and week after week. I don't do contracts, so people can quit any time they want.

Those guys read this forum too. They see you guys woofing at me, just like everybody else does. And you know what? They STILL keep coming to classes to learn my martial arts. Hence your woofing has ZERO IMPACT in my world, which is the REAL world.

As for those who would believe your amateurish woofing, they wouldn't last a single day in my classes. Thanks to your woofing, I receive attention from only the clients who have legitimate interest and aren't into kung fu just to bully others.

Let's see who else is next on the woofing list.

Holy Christ. Okay Huang...here's some real talk for you, and your students can read this too.

1.Most of the people on here also "do" real gung fu in the real world.

2.For not caring about our opinions, you seem to really relish in responding to them

3.Remember, other people here teach as well...you're not the only "professional". Though you're the only one putting yourself on a pedestal.

4.We all put our bodies on the line every time we train and teach as well--why do you think this is exclusive to you?

5.People don't respond to your posts the way they do to make your students think any differently of you, they do it in response to what you write and sometimes...gosh darn it...you're not going to agree with it. You need to learn to deal with it and stop throwing an e-tantrum.

6.What people say on an internet forum has little to do with their fighting abilities or whether or not they'd last in one of your classes. IF that were the case than I seriously doubt (based on your posts on conditioning) that you'd last even five minutes in one of mine. Huff huff!

Get a grip man...seriously. Stop trying to fight with people so much and just understand that we all have different opinions. Some very different. But regardless of how those opinions come across (rude, blunt, fake, nice, ass-kissing, whatever), it's the freaking internet man.

Oops...almost forgot!

WOOF!

SAAMAG
08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
holy sh!t...! A legit post! I tried that a few posts back and look where that got me! It made me a woofer!

Like I said- grappling training helps kung fu. You get into better shape (hard wrestling is the most intense cardio you can do) and it gives you direct feedback on how chin na has to be simple in order to have any chance at working.

Agreed. Any sort of ground work is tremendously hard if you're not conditioned for it. We had a drill the other night where two guys had to hold down one...and everyone being held down was done within 5 minutes (give or take). That completely wipes you out.

On the flip side--I've heard of BJJ guys complaining about getting fat?! I suppose their bodies adapted or their game has improved to the point where they don't expend as much energy.

I agree on the chin na. I used to practice a lot of small circle joint locking and while some of it has been very useful in self defense, for sport fighting they simply don't work as well. Intricate movements have a much lower success rate. Attacking large joints with the entire body seems to have the best success rate.

The Willow Sword
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
And since Kevin doesnt care, in my humble opinion i think Kevin is an egocentric A$$hole who needs to get over himself. With your attitude i am very suprised you have students, You treat your students this way? I hate to think what you are imparting to them attitude wise. Inflating yourself to be this "professional" when you come off like a high school punk. Talk about Mouthboxing, you seem to be the self appointed king of it right now.
But its okay really Kevin, You can hide behind this screen nick and get out your ego centric frustrations on this forum without having to answer for them at all. Everytime you look in the mirror you know what it is that you see. You know what reflection i see of you Kevin? A self inflated ego centric punk with no real self respect OR integrity that is masked with foolish pride and peac0ck ruffled feathers.
You are about as transparent as the glass house you live in buddy. :rolleyes: Whata jerk0ff.

PS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHwaicSkRk

great band douchwad:rolleyes:
:cool:TWS

The Willow Sword
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Love the sequin vest sweetheart:rolleyes::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7FGUuGIOU&feature=related

SimonM
08-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Good god! I agree with mkriii! The world must be ending.

Kevin Huang
08-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Total count of martial artists from here who intend to put their moves where their foul mouths are: ZERO. And counting.

End of story.

MightyB
08-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Total count of martial artists from here who intend to put their moves where their foul mouths are: ZERO. And counting.

End of story.

And I was getting ready to jump in and defend you :rolleyes: because I don't think that you intend to be a troll- you're just coming off that way.
---
What I was going to say to the guys was to lay off of insulting the music. It takes passion to be a musician or an artist and it takes guts to play in front of people like that. Some people like country, some like rock-n-roll, so don't insult a musician who's playing a style they like just because you don't get into that style...
---
Regardless of the above statement about the music- Kevin's still acts like an @ss when he "discusses" the martial arts. That'll probably change as his mouth boxing skill improves.

WooF!

SunBeam
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Ralek/Rolls come back from the dead?! :eek: Oh my, I had to post once I saw that:D Don't know what all the hub bub is about with Kevin. Some folk just don't have anyone in "real" life to talk to so they use the boards to "get it all out" I guess. Crazy how this post bursted into flames for no apparent reason. :confused:

rogue
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Seriously rogue, it doesn't matter whether my guys tapped or not.

People are going to think what they think.

It does matter in the sense that if they did they may have to thinking to do and some reworking of their training. If they didn't then that speaks very highly of their training and skills. It may just be sparring but it does give a slight glimpse into the skills.

Merryprankster
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
TWS, I prayed and prayed, but the gay...

it stayed.

Kevin Huang.... yes.... I remember you. You had some strongly held opinions back then too as I recall.... You developed a form that revolved around fighting either in a chair or starting in a chair, didn't you?

mawali
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
It seems that only well trained MA's (the few) can actually see the similarities and train/cross train with BJJ. Adding ne waza (ground techniques) to what we call kungfu can make a higher grade practitioner.

pdf108
08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
:rolleyes:

rogue
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
The piano player ducked behind his upright.
"Kevin Huang.... yes.... I remember you", said the Prankster slamming down his shot glass onto the bar. "You had some strongly held opinions back then too as I recall....", he continued, peering under the brim of his hat at the big mirror behind the bar.
Turning quickly the Prankster struck like a ***** rattler, grabbing "The Kid" by the front of his Rockmount cowboy shirt. "You developed a form that revolved around fighting either in a chair or starting in a chair, didn't you?", spat the Prankster.

The Kid knew his goose was cooked when he saw...

IT!

rogue
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
TWS, I prayed and prayed, but the gay...

it stayed.

I smell a new sig!:D

unkokusai
08-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Holy crap, what a ****in' clown this guy is.

SimonM
08-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Tell you what Kevin,

My broke ass isn't bussing half way across the continent just to cross hands but, if it matters to you so much to prove that you are deadly than you are welcome to visit me up in London, Canada as long as I am here. Let me know in advance if you are coming so that if I've moved to BC or something I can advise you before you invest in tickets.

Old Noob
08-26-2008, 06:01 AM
I've been away for a while but this thread gets you right back in the action quickly. I love it. It's like:

Dude 1: Hi how are you?

Dude 2: Great you? What do you think about BJJ?

Dude 1: I don't like it that much.

Dude 2: I don't do it all the time, but it has it's place.

Dude 1: F you! *******s! Whay are you F'ing with me? People always F with me! F you! F you all! *******s! Woofers! F you all!

What a riot. I missed it here.:D

masherdong
08-26-2008, 06:23 AM
I love how BJJ complements my kung fu. We do 10th Planet JJ and it just fits in with what we do.

Ford Prefect
08-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Been about a year or two since I posted here, but I lurk from time to time. I had to chime in when I saw the ruckus from Huang. He always struck me as a humorous chap because I remember when he first came to this board years ago, he was always talking about how multiple attackers were no big deal because he'd just do his Shaolin double broadsword set with his keys. lol I just remember clicking on threads and seeing him mention this shaolin double broadsword set with his keys all the time. It always gave me a good chuckle.

I had to share. Now back to regularly scheduled flaming.

SimonM
08-26-2008, 07:31 AM
I've been away for a while but this thread gets you right back in the action quickly. I love it. It's like:

Dude 1: Hi how are you?

Dude 2: Great you? What do you think about BJJ?

Dude 1: I don't like it that much.

Dude 2: I don't do it all the time, but it has it's place.

Dude 1: F you! *******s! Whay are you F'ing with me? People always F with me! F you! F you all! *******s! Woofers! F you all!

What a riot. I missed it here.:D

That is a masterful summation Old Noob. Kevin has certainly been entertaining. I love it when somebody comes back from an extended hiatus and then proceeds to e-challenge everybody.

SAAMAG
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
I guess I missed that one. I'd been away for a couple of years myself and so don't remember the first iteration of the Huang style.

Same ol crap it seems...with a slightly different name.

SimonM
08-26-2008, 07:33 AM
I like the whole he's all special "because he posts his real name".

How many of us are publicly open about our names and locations? Certainly more than one.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-26-2008, 11:19 AM
i want to have sex with kevins mother while her little dog watches. woof.

Knifefighter
08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
At first I thought Kevin was legit-
His posts remind me of a couple of banned kfm'ers - I just can't put my finger on which one.

You know- why of all the trolls that get banned and then come back under a new name-- why doesn't Ralek/Rolls come back- he was frigg'n awesome! He created the phrase "Royce will choke you out!"--- poetry, pure poetry.

This is the same guy who used to post here several years ago... had a school called Huang's world in Arizona. He trained one of his guys to enter an MMA match and the guy got slaughtered in about 30 seconds.

He is as clueless now as he was then.

Lucas
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
did it look kinda like this?

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj219/alohanema/boxing-fighting/200804/which-is-allowed-in-mma/mma-spinning-hold.jpg

lkfmdc
08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
This is the same guy who used to post here several years ago... had a school called Huang's world in Arizona. He trained one of his guys to enter an MMA match and the guy got slaughtered in about 30 seconds.

He is as clueless now as he was then.

Yup, this is the same dude whose student jumped around like "Bruce Leroy" in the cage and got taken down at will by a guy who looked like he migh have done just a little highschool wrestling

Kevin then apparently came back with new screen names and made a bunch of excuses, including, I **** you not, that since he wasn't wearing footwear he couldn't fight.... the old kung fu footwear excuse, a classic :rolleyes:

He seems to have a lot of issues, and frankly they are just spilling out all over this forum

SimonM
08-26-2008, 02:29 PM
That was priceless.

I've trained barefoot, in socks, in boots, in sneakers, in chinese cloth shoes and in dress shoes. It doesn't make THAT much of a difference when you are in a ring.

PS: The cloth shoes combined the worst aspects of socks and shoes and also get worn out VERY quickly. I'd rather not use them again.

lkfmdc
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Extracted from the same thread about kung fu footwear ;)

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=586608&postcount=27

I note two things. First, the "he's too deadly" trend, which is oh so played out

Second, perhaps more importantly, it seems that maybe Kevin has some issues with his size?

SimonM
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I love the "I'm too deadly" excuse.
Like a good martial artist has two settings: not moving and KILL!

It's so....

Real Ultimate Power.

Lucas
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I love the "I'm too deadly" excuse.
Like a good martial artist has two settings: not moving and KILL!

It's so....

Real Ultimate Power.

you just say that cuz you aint got TeH DeAdL3Y!!!

rogue
08-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Knifefighter, Ford, Long time no read, how the heck are you guys?

SevenStar
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM

When I was in high school, we had a female wrestler on the team. She was kinda hot. None of the guys who wore cups wanted to roll with her out of fear it would get up. One guy tried...it got up. he was embarrased and so was she. We were like, "hey, at least you know you're not g@y!"

SevenStar
08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Been about a year or two since I posted here, but I lurk from time to time. I had to chime in when I saw the ruckus from Huang. He always struck me as a humorous chap because I remember when he first came to this board years ago, he was always talking about how multiple attackers were no big deal because he'd just do his Shaolin double broadsword set with his keys. lol I just remember clicking on threads and seeing him mention this shaolin double broadsword set with his keys all the time. It always gave me a good chuckle.

I had to share. Now back to regularly scheduled flaming.

LOL, yeah, I was wondering if it was the same huang when I saw he's in AZ.

Oso
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
exactly- wtf?? I was like "where'd this come from?". I think he's mixing up threads.

Kevin- all i can say is slow down on the e-challenges, that's so 2003 kfm forum. You started out with some good posts- but soon you'll just end up a troll on everyone's ignore list. There aren't that many trolls on here- and from the posts i read- people we're trying to debate you- not flame you-

:D ;)

it's kinda like you trashed him for wearing white pants after labor day...

Oso
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
MP, i started wrestling in 1981 and kung fu in 1982...my first teacher had also been a wrestler and my second teacher was a brown belt in judo...i'm not sure I can distinguish the difference in lessons...fit the tool to the task (jesu'chrissss') :D ****, i'm glad i crack (whups, more gheyness) myself up :D:D:D

bakxierboxer
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks to Lucas(?) for showing me the korr3ct spelling......

This has been bothering me for a while.... an Olympic event, but who IS
"winning" this match?

Ford Prefect
08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Rogue, I'm doing pretty darn good actually. I hope all is well in your part of the world. That goes for all the old guys like Seven. Knife, IronFist, rubmybuddah (or whatever :-P ) , etc. Like I said, I still lurk from time to time, so you guys still crack me up.

MightyB
08-27-2008, 09:56 AM

"winning" this match?

wow- if that's not a g@y, i don't know what is...

SimonM
08-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that was not a picture designed to reinforce the manly heterosexuality of wrestling as a sport. ;)

Lucas
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM

"winning" this match?

LOL that is freaking hilarious.

bakxierboxer
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Well..... Reuters/Dylan Martinez (and Yahoo!)(does that "figure"?) thought that it was "newsworthy"........

and the captioning describes the "action" as the guy in red "fighting" the guy in blue....

??????
Maybe I really don't wanna know about it?

KC Elbows
08-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Someone let me know if Chris McKinnley[sp] and friend of man post here. Oh, and Ginger Fist.

Thanks.

wiz cool c
08-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Judo and Kung Fu go well together

SimonM
08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
That they do... though Judo isn't much different from Shuai Jiao.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
sometimes I think it's Gene. He might get bored, create an alias, and then start flame wars to pass the time.

Reply]
Gene IS the only one of us with the literary skills needed to pull something like that off.

monji112000
08-31-2008, 07:13 PM
That they do... though Judo isn't much different from Shuai Jiao.

I don't know about that one..

Shuai jiao looks interesting, but given the fact that Judo really encompasses most of BJJ ...

I'm sure they have throws that are similar in someways..

SimonM
09-02-2008, 10:36 AM
When I did judo (albeit I was in Gr. 7 at the time) we didn't have any real locks on the ground. Just the throws... and lots of 'em.

This being said what I have learned as I have progressed along the road called life is that there is very little fundamental difference between most martial arts when practiced correctly. So I'll use whatever works and basically call it whatever I am comfortable calling it.

Lucas
09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Just don't call it late for dinner!