PDA

View Full Version : Where in China???

james24
08-23-2008, 03:20 AM
Hello there

I am lving in Thailand at the mo and have been studying Muay Thai for a while now. I used to study Wing Chun back in England and since I am in Asia would like to go to China to further my skills in Wing Chun. The thing is I have heard from quite a few people that the standard of Wing Chun in China is not that great?? I ahve also been searching religiosly for whereabouts to study but am coming up with nothing??? Foshan is coming up as a blank. Can anyone tell me of any Sifus I can study with in China?? Any links??? If I cant find any I was thinking about Qi gong but again not sure where.

Cheers

Phil Redmond
08-23-2008, 07:18 AM
There's Wing Chun in Fatshan. Check here:
http://www.fschinwoo.com/en/a4.htm

KPM
08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
If I was in your situation, I would be looking for Wong Nim Yi, head of the Mei Gei Wong Wing Chun branch. I'm not sure exactly where he is located. But if you do an internet search I'm sure you'll be able to find his website.

yellow aster
08-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Have you considered Hong Kong?

RGVWingChun
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Ip Ching in Hong Kong or any of other instructors like Edmond Fong or Freddy Fung

james24
08-24-2008, 01:32 AM
yeh I did consider Hong Kong as I visited Shaolin last year and was very dissapointed in the way mainland Chins seems to have very little in the way of maintaining tradition, perhaps as I have heard Wing Chun in China might be the same. On the other hand I suppose it really does depend who you meet.

Cheers for your help guys but to be honest I must be a complete dipstick because I am getting knowhere. I have emailed the guys in Foshan but no reply and if you read the website they totally slate Northern Martial arts which is strange. Ill look into Hong Kong a bit now

Paul T England
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi,

In Fatsan go for Sun Nam or Kwok Gai Jan (Lun Gai/Kwok Fu) lineage.

In Hong Kong find WSL or Ip Ching lineage. Donald Mak also has a good rep.

Paul

WingChunWay
08-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Hello there

I am lving in Thailand at the mo and have been studying Muay Thai for a while now. I used to study Wing Chun back in England and since I am in Asia would like to go to China to further my skills in Wing Chun. The thing is I have heard from quite a few people that the standard of Wing Chun in China is not that great?? I ahve also been searching religiosly for whereabouts to study but am coming up with nothing??? Foshan is coming up as a blank. Can anyone tell me of any Sifus I can study with in China?? Any links??? If I cant find any I was thinking about Qi gong but again not sure where.

Cheers

There are a multitude of Wing Chun schools in Malaysia. From Thai, it will only cost you $50-$70 or so for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. A quick search will reveal a few dozen schools.
There is a guy on youtube, eric88ling who has dozens of Malaysian Wing Chun vids. Message him, maybe he can put you onto the better masters.
Have fun,
Mark

ps, if you are in Phuket, look up a friend of mine Adam Mizner, he is a wiz with Tai Chi, well worth looking up. You can find him on youtube as well.