PDA

View Full Version : Argentina bound !

Ernie
08-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Looks like I'm going to Argentina [ Buenos Aires ]first weekend of Oct.
flying out to do a weekend private VT training course
a few local school have asked me to drop by for a visit , might even have a impromptu seminar haven't decided yet ..

Either way would love to hang out with the '' locals' =) and have some Mate !

mawali
08-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Have a great trip, Che!

Ernie
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Hell i haven't even unpacked from Manchester last week LOL ..any highlights i need to make sure i take in while im there ?:D

CFT
08-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Tango?

Best wishes,
Chee.

yellow aster
08-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Hell i haven't even unpacked from Manchester last week LOL ..any highlights i need to make sure i take in while im there ?:D
Hi Ernie,
The tourist stuff in BA is pretty cool; La feria in San Telmo on Sundays, check out Mataderos on the weekend for gaucho action in the city, a boat ride in El Tigre through canals and islands in the delta, any bife de chorizo and malbec, great pizza and pasta, ride the oldest subway in South America with wooden cars, stroll around La Recoleta cementary and look for Evita's tomb, shopping for good quality (and cheap) clothes, a tango show, a ferry ride to Colonia across the Rio de la Plata, a walk in La Reserva Ecologica (a nice place to escape the city in the city), a visit to La Bonbonera, the Boca Juniors stadium and the Boca neighborhood. Girlwatching along La Avenida Santa Fe is among the highlights of the city as well.
I hope you are going for more than a few days:)
R

Phil Redmond
08-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Ernie, practice your Vos tenais conjugations . . . ;)

Ernie
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi Ernie,
The tourist stuff in BA is pretty cool; La feria in San Telmo on Sundays, check out Mataderos on the weekend for gaucho action in the city, a boat ride in El Tigre through canals and islands in the delta, any bife de chorizo and malbec, great pizza and pasta, ride the oldest subway in South America with wooden cars, stroll around La Recoleta cementary and look for Evita's tomb, shopping for good quality (and cheap) clothes, a tango show, a ferry ride to Colonia across the Rio de la Plata, a walk in La Reserva Ecologica (a nice place to escape the city in the city), a visit to La Bonbonera, the Boca Juniors stadium and the Boca neighborhood. Girlwatching along La Avenida Santa Fe is among the highlights of the city as well.
I hope you are going for more than a few days:)
R

Im only there for a quick weekend [friday -monday ] so mainly teaching so need to make the most out of the few free hours .. I spend more time in airports then in the actual country LOL ..

Ernie
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Ernie, practice your Vos tenais conjugations . . . ;)

funny thing is i was planning on trying to do this thing in Spanish ,, now that would get interesting LOL

I like to challenge myself ...

hey Phil looks like a few of the guys want to do a east coast weekend trip .. might be out that way in a few months !

Phil Redmond
08-27-2008, 01:47 PM
funny thing is i was planning on trying to do this thing in Spanish ,, now that would get interesting LOL

I like to challenge myself ...

hey Phil looks like a few of the guys want to do a east coast weekend trip .. might be out that way in a few months !
Cool let me know. I'll be there. It would be great to see you again. If you come to NYC I can show you around. If it's NJ or Philly I'm lost.....lol.

Ernie
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
yep will be NY
a few of the guys i train are from out there so they want to prove to me how much fun NY is ..when i was out there many years ago ,,i just found a bunch of opinionated loud mouths .. it drives them crazy when i say that ..so i rub it in ;)

but the food was great :cool:

Phil Redmond
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
If it's in the city so nice they named it twice NY NY the Big Apple then I'm there. :D

Sihing73
08-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey Phil,

I just missed you when I was in Philly last week. Long story short is my phone did not work in Philly and I spent all my time with my kids. Funds were limited so I did what I could. Just started a new job and will be moving to the NE GA Mtns.

Anyhow, I am planning on coming to Philly again either end of Oct or around Thanksgiving. This time I am sure we can get together. If Ernie is in town around that time perhaps we could meet up as well. Of course, both of you could come to ATL where the real action is.........................................:D

Ernie
08-27-2008, 07:00 PM
early Oct -Argentina mid Oct my b day late Oct possible Hawaii or P.R.

Phil Redmond
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
If you're going to Borinquen let me know in advance. I'm going to Farjardo in Oct to do a Lion Dance for a new Chinese restaurant.