PDA

View Full Version : Interesting place for a march like this...

Becca
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Thousands In Anti-War March Deliver Letter To Obama
(http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/17318481/detail.html?treets=den&tid=2659772064813&tml=den_12pm&tmi=den_12pm_1_01000308282008&ts=H)

DENVER -- A column of people three blocks long, led by members of the Iraq Veterans Against the War, marched from a Rage Against the Machine Concert at the Denver Coliseum to the Pepsi Center, where the Democratic National Convention was being held.

I've been told several times that "Marines don't listen to Rage Against." I guess I might not have been the only Jar head listening to it after all.

I will say this much, they behaved themselves very well, and I can say that as I got trapped trying to get home from work by this march. One minute I was driving nice as you please North up Brighton BLV as I usually do at 3:30 M-F, then blam! I was ensircled by very polite, very noisy people walking down the middle of the road. If I hadn't had to get a kid to a doctors appointment, I'd have probably parked my truck and joined them. :D

Mas Judt
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Unitl you discovered they were all g@y and had no 'interest' in you... ;)

Becca
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Well, a very large prtion of the crowd were women, so if they had been gey.... they probably sti; wouldn't have been interested in me. ;):D

Mas Judt
08-31-2008, 07:01 AM
I wonder how they sing that song ''' This is my rifle, this is my (gun?), one is for shooting, one is for fun.''

The modern societal effects of pre-modern crudeness are endlessly fascinating...