PDA

View Full Version : guy uses wing chun on thug (vid)

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-03-2008, 05:38 PM
looks like wing chun anyway. maybe some of the wing chun guys can argue about it:

http://zwamneus.punt.nl/?id=432334&r=1&tbl_archief=&

Oso
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
i'd a never let a person get that close to me with my hands at my waist.

other than that, good on him whatever it was he used.

ghostexorcist
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
That was awesome! I love how he crawled around on the ground and walked away like he didn't just get owned.

pantherman
09-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Looks like Shotokan.

Water Dragon
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Looks like Shotokan.

I'm voting for San Soo.

Xiao3 Meng4
09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Whatever it is, it looks like he's trained and sparred for some time. The skinhead, on the other hand, looks like he's never encountered any real resistance, relying instead on his image to win.

Funny how the skinhead's friend carefully closes the gate before he leaves...

CSP

Sal Canzonieri
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
That was karate, not wing chun.

The front hand was distracting him from the fast and hard punch from the back hand.

The only CMA that comes close to that style of defense is Xing Yi.

MasterKiller
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Looked more like Ving Tsun than Wing Chun.

JGTevo
09-04-2008, 03:39 AM
It looks like a front kick and a low guard. A couple of other common strikes and a push.

Take your pick from any number of martial arts. What makes wing chun, wing chun isn't a few common strikes. What makes shotokan, shotokan isn't a few common strike. It's not a style he's doing, it's a simple martial arts technique 101.

He could be doing karate, he could be doing kung fu, he could be doing krav maga or something he learned from a friend. No one style, or even one culture can claim exclusivity of anything that man used.

Lucas
09-04-2008, 09:36 AM

rofl

stir harder!

Mas Judt
09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Looks like Greenoch. Not Grunoch, the Greenoch branch. Not to be confused with the modern version adapted for MMA...

Ben Gash
09-05-2008, 01:57 AM
I agree, looks more like Karate to me. I also agree with Oso, he really needs to read this book http://www.geoffthompson.com/detailProduct.asp?id=21

David Jamieson
09-05-2008, 05:28 AM
looks like a couple of punches in the face executed in a calm manor and with fair reason to do so.

Shaolinlueb
09-05-2008, 11:40 AM

hmm i thought it was more wing tsun then those 2.

Phil Redmond
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Wing Chun is a southern style done by people who spoke Cantonese. We can spell it anyway we want to in English but it's still pronounced "Wing Cheun" in Cantonese. Which in closer to Wing Chun. Hong Kong was a former British Colony so many British slangs and terms were used there. Toilets were sometimes label with the initials WC (water closet). which means toilet in England. The VTAA didn't want to associate Wing Chun with the initials WC so they changed the spelling to Ving Tsun. In Latin VIA was pronounced "wee-a" (/wia/. From the first century A.D. on, depending on Vulgar Latin dialect, consonantal /w/ developed into then later to /v/. The ts sound is ch. Leung Ting wanted to distinguish his organization from others so he combined the two using WT (Wing Tsun). The bottom line is that if you show the Chinese characters for WC/VT/WT to a native Cantonese speaker they'll never use an English "V" sound. You will hear something closer to Wing Choon/ Wing Cheun.

mantis108
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, it seems scripted somehow... so... :rolleyes: I mean the supposed skin head guy just grabbed the guy's head and then just simply let go when the defender shoved him away (not exactly very hard neither)? All he did afterward is just scream and wave. I have faced drunks that would at least put the hands up when they threaten you let alone this guy is sober. This skin head just have his hands lowered by his side all the time and scream, WTF? Really, com'on.

Mantis108

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
you guys are better educated than i. i just thought it looked like one of dem dare fangdangled centerline punches.

golden arhat
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
looked more like ving tsun than wing chun.

bahahahahahah

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah i was waitin for that too.

fine work your doin there mk.

bakxierboxer
09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Hong Kong was a former British Colony so many British slangs and terms were used there. Toilets were sometimes label with the initials WC (water closet). which means toilet in England....

That reminds me of the time we were all on the street in Boston Chinatown and....

Nah!
Better not!
Some rambles aren't for public consumption. :rolleyes:
(primarily because they can produce symptoms akin to "consumption") :D

JGTevo
09-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Wing Chun is a southern style done by people who spoke Cantonese. We can spell it anyway we want to in English but it's still pronounced "Wing Cheun" in Cantonese. Which in closer to Wing Chun. Hong Kong was a former British Colony so many British slangs and terms were used there. Toilets were sometimes label with the initials WC (water closet). which means toilet in England. The VTAA didn't want to associate Wing Chun with the initials WC so they changed the spelling to Ving Tsun. In Latin VIA was pronounced "wee-a" (/wia/. From the first century A.D. on, depending on Vulgar Latin dialect, consonantal /w/ developed into then later to /v/. The ts sound is ch. Leung Ting wanted to distinguish his organization from others so he combined the two using WT (Wing Tsun). The bottom line is that if you show the Chinese characters for WC/VT/WT to a native Cantonese speaker they'll never use an English "V" sound. You will hear something closer to Wing Choon/ Wing Cheun.

Phil I think that was a joke :)

TenTigers
09-06-2008, 05:12 AM
"Acch der leiber! Vere iss der vater closet? I haff consumption!":D

I think those WC guys just don't wanna be associated with other Southern systems. In HK, when you go to the public toilets, you have to have a good low horse stance. Ever try to use yee ji kim yeung ma in one of those? Sure, maybe before-like when you are holding back all that pei dahn sow yuhk jook you ate for breakfast.....

IronFist
09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
any idea what that was all about? i didn't hear any sound and i can't speak Dutch.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
i dont speak duch neither, but it looks to me like the kinda fight you have with a guy who touched your girlfriend's cat appropriatelessly.

MIKSANSOO
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm voting for San Soo.

Nope. does not look like it

Lucas
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
they panned over to the bike, so I think it was about the bike for some reason.

one thing thats obvious, the guy defending himself didnt take any crap and didnt back down. props for takin out the trash.