PDA

View Full Version : We all have egos

mikeW
10-08-2000, 02:50 AM
First of all greeting to all,I'm new to kol but not new to the martial arts world,and we all know how much ego is out there.Like many of you I have studied a number of styles having 30yrs total. 7* being one of them(11yrs).We all know or should know that no two teachers teach alike and that information is pasted down according to individual taste of the sifu and the ability of the student.Therefore the art and it is an art should not be soldly judged by it's practioners but on the longivity of the system itself.One of the things I would like to see is that we all learn to share our knowlegde as fellow students,for the day we stop learning is the day we die.My Sifu is Othal Thomas II and his Sifu is Cheung Wah who by the way is well and we are in contact with him.
Sifu MikeW
In order to have friends you must show yourself a friend.

seung ga faat
03-31-2001, 03:02 AM
I myself have a huge ego and I know that it part of the reason why I have stuck with kung fu as long as I have. This art takes alot but, gives a little and it is extremely humbling. This is also an endevour that's origin was ego driven. So I understand the need for posters to posture as if they are the ultimate masters or killing machines. But understand this is not the way. We are suppose to practice matial arts and martial virtue and I inclined to believe that a lack of skill in one of these areas also reveals a lack of skill in the other. I hope that I can learn to make better observations and better posts as well as others.

Thanx, Sifu Othal Thomas

loki
03-31-2001, 03:35 AM
Well said from you both .

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

NorthernMantis
04-01-2001, 02:04 AM
My ego can beat up your ego. :D

"Always be ready"

joedoe
04-01-2001, 03:33 AM
I challenge you to an ego deathmatch :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people