PDA

View Full Version : Which Northern Mantis style resembles it's Southern Mantis Brother

Sam
10-09-2000, 05:15 AM
Can anyone elaborate if there is a Northern Mantis style that refects the Southern Mantis counterpart?

KNH13
10-09-2000, 07:23 AM
From what I hear, one has nothing to do with the other. Let's see what others have to say.

LongfistMantis
10-09-2000, 07:26 PM
Well, I would have to aggree that the whole reason for separating styles into "Northern" and "Southern" is because the two are so different as to necessitate it. However, I was told by my sifu that Longfist Mantis Boxing (my style) has two branches. My style is strictly northern, having been comprised of Northern Mantis and Longfist. However, he said there was another one (i believe based out of taiwan) that is a combination of Longfist and *Southern* Mantis, so my guess would be that if any North and South Style looked similar, it would be those two, because of the shared Longfist background. Other than that, I really cant comment, since I have had little to no exposure to Southern Mantis.

LongfistMantis /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sam
10-09-2000, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if the Long Fist Mantis out of Taiwan you were speaking of is traditional lineage or hybrid modified version? Thanks again.
Sam

LongfistMantis
10-09-2000, 10:30 PM
Well, to be honest, I really dont know much about the association. I was asked by another member of this forum if I was a part of it, but I am not. As for it being traditional....well, the very nature of the art requires that it be a hybrid (longfist and praying mantis). However, their version of the longfist mantis may be older than mine. Hope this helps.

LongfistMantis