PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum Anniversary Picnic

KNH13
10-09-2000, 07:25 AM
How many Wah Lummers will I see at the picnic this weekend?

woliveri
10-09-2000, 05:15 PM
In the tradition of Wah Lum Anniversaries, what
seminar forms are being taught?

Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East
By Baird T. Spalding

NorthernMantis
10-10-2000, 01:45 AM
I WILL BE THERE!!

Hint:I'm the one in the black uniform! j/k

You can bet on it.I will see you there.If I know who you are.

Hua Lin Laoshi
10-10-2000, 10:42 PM
No seminar this time however there will be class at the park. Tai Chi and Kung Fu.

Better we refine what we know!

woliveri
10-10-2000, 10:46 PM
Why Thank you Hua Lin Laoshi. Being an old
student I am alway curious what special form or
weapon is being taught.

Thanks again.
Bill

By Baird T. Spalding

woliveri
10-15-2000, 06:56 PM
So how was the picnic? How old is Master Chan
this year? How's he doing? BTW, How is Miki
(the Japanese gentelman) doing?

bill

By Baird T. Spalding

KNH13
10-19-2000, 07:44 PM
The picnic was great. Nothing fancy, but it was nice to see old friends again.

NorthernMantis, saw you working out. It was easy to pick you out with your black shirt, pants & sash!

Anybody planning to go on the cruise and/or the China trip?

Hua Lin Laoshi
10-19-2000, 09:55 PM
KNH13

I see MiamiMantis didn't make it to the picnic. I was hoping to meet him. How did those new students like the picnic?

I'm skipping the March cruise so I can save for China next year. I'm still recovering from the September cruise. Are you in for the China trip?

NorthernMantis
10-19-2000, 10:12 PM
KNH13-

lol!yeah, since everyone else was wearing something else.I see your in miami.I'll be coming to shelly huangs school soon.

By the way I was the kid who couldn't hit the tennis ball with that orange in the stocking.I made to grandmaster chan and when I turned I hit someone elses.Man I got so embarassed. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

KNH13
10-22-2000, 02:56 AM
NorthernMantis,
We'd love to have you pass by! Since we now offer classes at University of Miami on Mondays, the best night to visit is on Wednesdays, class starts at 6:30pm, that's when everybody is usually available. Let me know if you need directions.

Just recently, we've had someone from Tai Chi Mantis start to work out with us.

Hua Lin Laoshi,
MiamiMantis couldn't make it up there this time. Hopefully at the next event he'll be able to go.

I think the orange in the stocking might have scared our new students, unfortunately, they weren't too sociable up there. It was their first time. I did show them the temple afterwards. Master Chan was nice enough to open it up for us so I could show it to them and also to purchase a few items.

I'd love to go to China finally, but I don't think I'll have the funds for the trip. Have too many other things going on right now.

KNH13
10-22-2000, 02:58 AM
NorthernMantis,

Since you're in Ft. Lauderdale, who do you get to work out with, or do you just work out by yourself?

MiamiMantis
10-22-2000, 03:43 AM
I was not able to make it to Orlando this time as I had previous commitments that I had to honor. I will go up with knh13 for the next function. China next year will be a possibility.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif