PDA

View Full Version : RD was..... Right

MightyB
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
What was it- two years ago when RD's Alias started a thread about the coming economic collapse- and now look http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080915/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown.

He might have been on to something... :eek:

Ray Pina
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Fu(k! I thought I was smart when I snatched Merrill Lynch's stock for $50 in Jan.... and again for $40.... and $30.... and $21.

Going to take a loss on my biggest position:mad:

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I have had an eye on the news all day.

You know, the more I do this stuff, the shorter, and shorter term of a trader I become. I don't position trade becasue often you just can't see these things coming, nor distinguish them form a normal correction...untill it is too late.

When I trade, I am in and out in a matter of hours, or at most a few days now. I only trade with the momentum. That way if there is a huge crash, I generally would not be in when it happens.

Mr Punch
09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
What? Don't buy **** that doesn't exist? Notional money cracks me up... buying debt only works if there's a big stick and kneecaps involved. By the time it's gone through five different companies you may as well be buying clouds.

He might have been on to something... :eek:Ah well... stopped clocks and all that... it's not raining frogs and plaguing locusts yet is it?! :D

uki
09-16-2008, 03:34 AM
have a read at this... http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1141.htm apparently chatter is up on the suspension of american elections.

SimonM
09-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Sorcha Faal? Seriously? You are using internet hoaxter "Sorcha Faal", otherwise known as David Booth, as a source?

CLFLPstudent
09-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Sorcha Faal? Seriously? You are using internet hoaxter "Sorcha Faal", otherwise known as David Booth, as a source?

Cut him some slack. He took the red pill and woke up outside the matrix. He is just warning all of us about the big bad conspiracy :rolleyes:

Uki just needs to strap on the tin foil helmet a little tighter. Or maybe looser.

-David

SimonM
09-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Tin foil hat is right.

"Sorcha Faal" is the same person who says that cosmic rays emitted from a neutron star are the cause of the big hurricane season and the 12 year anniversary of the return of the Stone of Scone to Scotland is a sure portent of a coming apocalyptic battle for rulership of the entire world.

Ray Pina
09-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Well, they said Bank of America and folks will buy MER at $29 a share... so I sold off a bit of a couple positions to stack up more MER at $17. IF they do buy it at $29 then I will only be down $1,000 in that position.... which is a lot better than were I stand right now.

FU(K!!!!!!!!!!!

uki
09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
"Sorcha Faal" is the same person who says that cosmic rays emitted from a neutron star are the cause of the big hurricane seasonit's the butterfly effect... to think that exploding stars do not affect our weather patterns and other aspects of earth's geophysical fields is a bit short-sighted and narrowminded...

and the 12 year anniversary of the return of the Stone of Scone to Scotland is a sure portent of a coming apocalyptic battle for rulership of the entire world.earth is a prime hunk of real estate... they have been fighting over it for ages... at any rate, only time will tell. if you view life from all angles and perspectives, the less likely one will be caught by suprise. :)

SimonM
09-17-2008, 06:34 AM
A saying I adhere to:

It's good to be open minded, so long as one isn't so open minded that his brain falls out.

Blaming the changing late-summer storm patterns on neutron star activity is nothing more than obscuring the real cause of the problem: human-caused climate change.

And astrology is nothing but superstitious mumbo-jumbo, there is no reasonable or logical connection between the apparent pattern of stars and planets in the night sky and human events...

Except for the position of the moon and the sun. They do have an impact... it's called seasons, days, and the tide.

uki
09-17-2008, 07:37 AM
It's good to be open minded, so long as one isn't so open minded that his brain falls out.it's best to have no mind to fall out.

Blaming the changing late-summer storm patterns on neutron star activity is nothing more than obscuring the real cause of the problem: human-caused climate change.hahaha!!! good one. obviously your astronomy is not quite yet up to par.

And astrology is nothing but superstitious mumbo-jumbo, there is no reasonable or logical connection between the apparent pattern of stars and planets in the night sky and human events...it's mumbo-jumbo because you do not understand the connections... your next sentence say's that you do see an effect from the sun... isn't the sun a star?

Except for the position of the moon and the sun.now ponder the position of the solar system in relation to the center of the galaxy... the 12 gates of heaven.

They do have an impact... it's called seasons, days, and the tide.the galaxy and solar systems have seasons and tides too...

SimonM
09-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Uki I am afraid to admit that you have been much more successful at making yourself brainless than I. :eek:

uki
09-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Uki I am afraid to admit that you have been much more successful at making yourself brainless than I. what a witty response... i understand that intellectual insight into things seems to short-circuit your brain. :p

SimonM
09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and new age disinformation with regards to climate change do not represent intellectual insight.

uki
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and new age disinformation with regards to climate change do not represent intellectual insight.you only need to wear tinfoil hats if your energy is outta whack... the stronger your energy field is, the less likely you'll be affected by negative influences on you being... too think that man in his infinite smallness can actually have long lasting effects on an entity far superior to itself is absurd. i realize it is easier to jump on the dis-information on man-made climate change, but having a social status based on ones perceptions from social peers is riduculous... perhaps you should seek out and verify that what i claim is not the truth, until then, you sound just like all the rest of the sheeple. :)

SimonM
09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
You deny multitudinous academic sources that have SHOWN a causal relationship between human action and climate change....

But you accept Sorcha Faal, a computer technician in the USA who poses as a russian political academic to disseminate dumb-ass conspiracy theories, as a valid source.

ROTFL!!!!!

Dumb@ss!

uki
09-17-2008, 09:50 AM
You deny multitudinous academic sources that have SHOWN a causal relationship between human action and climate change....nothing that nature cannot handle... yet you seem to deny that the weather patterns on all the other planets are likewise experiencing a change in climate patterns aswell... if this is true, how can you explain their changing patterns? greenhouse gas? automobiles?

But you accept Sorcha Faal, a computer technician in the USA who poses as a russian political academic to disseminate dumb-ass conspiracy theories, as a valid source.i accept it as an alternate view of the world as opposed to what is taught by the world. there are many facets on the crystal of truth.

ROTFL!!!!!if you spend to much time rolling on the ground... you might get dirty.

Dumb@ss!someone has to take the label... doesn't mean that it will stick.

Lucas
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
we are also showing evidence and signs that our magnetic poles are shifting. this happens every 10 thousand years or so. So scientific data has shown through a lot of data collection.

If you are interested there is a couple hour long documentary where the leading scientists in their fields go over the data, how it was collected and what it means. As well as how they came to their findings.

Quite interesting.

Anyhow, during a polar magnetic shift like this we will see increased solar radiation, as well as extreme climate changes and weather effects.

who knows.......but quite a few scientists believe this, we may see the actual shift in our lifetime.

Where we to see this, its nothing catastrophic. Just a natural cycle that our planet goes through. Unfortunately, human kind is to young to remember any of this. Though evidence does in fact show us quite a bit.

uki
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
we are also showing evidence and signs that our magnetic poles are shifting. this happens every 10 thousand years or so. So scientific data has shown through a lot of data collection. we are currently entering the age of aquarius... the first month of galactic spring. naturally things tend to heat up and begin budding in the spring... watch out for the fire rains...

Anyhow, during a polar magnetic shift like this we will see increased solar radiation, as well as extreme climate changes and weather effects.now ask yourself what has enough mass to generate such a shift in the poles... what can possibly alter the magnetics of a planet...

who knows.......but quite a few scientists believe this, we may see the actual shift in our lifetime.the spring storms are coming... better run for cover.

Where we to see this, its nothing catastrophic. Just a natural cycle that our planet goes through.yet to an ignorant populance of mankind, these natural events will seem catastrophic...

Unfortunately, human kind is to young to remember any of this.actually it is stored in our genetic memories, DNA. this is an underlying concept of the term waking up... our DNA is changing along with the planet.

Though evidence does in fact show us quite a bit.and alot of evidence is ridiculed...

CLFLPstudent
09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Uki - were you one of the nutjob, er, enlightened ones who thought there was going to be a pole shift on May 5, 2000 (http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Ultimate-Disaster-Richard-Noone/dp/0609800671) as well?

I used to like to read that stuff back in the day, but I never actually fell for it.

-David

SimonM
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
grabs a microphone

When the moooooon is in the seventh hooouuusee
And Jupiterrrr aligns with ma-ar-ars
Then peeeeace will guide the planets
And looooooove will seal the stars

This is the dawning of the age of aquarius
The age of aquariuuuuuuss
Aquariuuuuuuuus
Aquariuuuuuuuuuus

<snip>

leeeeet the sun shiiiiine
leeeeet the sun shine in
the suuuuuun shine iiiiiiiin

ROFL

CLFLP Student: This is what Uki doesn't understand. He thinks that anyone who disagrees with his new age nonsense is just ignorant of "the truth".

The idea that somebody could have studied, and dismissed, this idiocy as a bunch of half-baked illogical pseudo-religion never occurs to him.

Hard truth time: there is no age of aquarius, astrology doesn't mean jack ****, events that happen outside of our galaxy (like Sorcha Faal's cosmic ray shower which supposedly came from a stellar event outside of the galaxy) have no significant impact on the planet when compared to the FREAKING HUGE, measured CO2 emissions that humanity has released on the world at an exponentially increasing rate since the inception of the industrial revolution.

Natural law will not ever magically transform the world into a better place. If you want paradise you have to go and build it yourself. And that takes hard work and some understanding of concrete reality, not pie-in-the-sky metaphysics.

Hebrew Hammer
09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Not that I'm validating one side or the other on this discussion, but should you find yourself in need of a quality tinfoil hat....

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I'm just helpful like that by nature...

uki
09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
CLFLP Student: This is what Uki doesn't understand. wow. this is all new to me.

He thinks that anyone who disagrees with his new age nonsense is just ignorant of "the truth".you are catching on quickly daniel son.

The idea that somebody could have studied, and dismissed, this idiocy as a bunch of half-baked illogical pseudo-religion never occurs to him.considering the science community is influenced more by money and politics makes me tend to dis-believe everything it issues forth as being fact...

Hard truth time: there is no age of aquarius, astrology doesn't mean jack ****, your denial is astounding...

events that happen outside of our galaxy have no significant impact on the planet when compared to the FREAKING HUGE, measured CO2 emissions that humanity has released on the world at an exponentially increasing rate since the inception of the industrial revolution.which is why spring arrives and brings life to the desolation of winter.

Natural law will not ever magically transform the world into a better place.there are things known as inflection points. what makes a catepillar magically transforming into a butterfly any different from earth transforming into a higher frequency of being, besides the obvious perception of the time it takes?

If you want paradise you have to go and build it yourself. so are you living in your paradise?

And that takes hard work and some understanding of concrete reality, not pie-in-the-sky metaphysics.i never knew that reality was concrete and permanent...

Uki - were you one of the nutjob, er, enlightened ones who thought there was going to be a pole shift on May 5, 2000 as well?of course not... humankind cannot accurately discern exact dates and times...

I used to like to read that stuff back in the day, but I never actually fell for it.
perhaps you got sick of the ridicule.

SimonM
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
you are catching on quickly daniel son.

Daniel? My name is Simon. I know that complicated names are hard for you with your learning disorder but try to keep up.

considering the science community is influenced more by money and politics makes me tend to dis-believe everything it issues forth as being fact...
your denial is astounding...

Right... don't trust experts because they are in on the conspiracy...
the one that the corporations who own the politicians are fighting against...
the one to regulate industry and reduce carbon emissions...
because that's what the monied elite who do the most emitting want....

You really don't think before you type at all do you?

which is why spring arrives and brings life to the desolation of winter.

So human carbon dioxide emissions in the last 200 years are because it's spring now... are you in Australia? Because over here in the northern hemisphere it's Autumn in less than a week.

there are things known as inflection points. what makes a catepillar magically transforming into a butterfly any different from earth transforming into a higher frequency of being, besides the obvious perception of the time it takes?

There is no magic in the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly. And... higher frequency? Wow, you are a space cadet.

so are you living in your paradise?

Nope, just working on trying to build one for everyone.

i never knew that reality was concrete and permanent...

Concrete doesn't mean permanent. It just means that which can be touched.
But, then, considering that you believe that caterpillars have a longer wavelength, causing them to propagate over a wider distance than butterflies and be more succeptable to atmospheric ducting but not as easy to receive from a nearby receiver... since that's what low frequency radiation does - as compared to high frequency radiation, I can understand how you could be confused by subtelties of meaning as ahem... closely related as "that which can be touched" and "unchanging".

CLFLPstudent
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Like most ( all?) religions, Uki's belief's have the built-in safeguards. No one tell exact dates of stuff - but it'll happen sure enough! Ever check out the truebiblecode.org website? It predicts nuclear terrorist attacks on the UN building every other day, then claim ( when it doesn't happen) that they are just using human mathematics to try and discern the information, but it will happen!

If you don't believe it, then you are the fool. WE have the only correct information, you are ignorant and blind.

Those who do stand against them are part of THEM. Them being the conspiracy who are holding the rest of us back from achieving our utmost potential.

I used to get a kick out of this sort of stuff, but it got really old once you see the pattern.

Uki - how much you pay for your Urantia Book?

-David

uki
09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I used to get a kick out of this sort of stuff, but it got really old once you see the pattern. that's what i say about modern humanity...

SimonM
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Riiiiight...

Because new age knowlege is the secrets of the ANCIENTS....

Mostly invented by bored 19th and 20th century europeans and americans.

But don't believe it, they got transmissions from secret ascended masters (tm) who told them the secrets of creation from Atlantis!

Just ask my good buddy, the Count of St. Germain.

Lucas
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Myself, im just hanging out here and waiting to die. Thats my religion.

uki
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Because new age knowlege is the secrets of the ANCIENTS....it is a re-occuring pattern.

Mostly invented by bored 19th and 20th century europeans and americans.actually it was at that time there was increase in the energy needed to move the evolution of the planet... individuals woke up with a greater and more vast understanding of the cosmos; they tend to call this en-lightenment in some traditions... a sudden realization of the truth... it's more than obvious you cannot relate to it.

But don't believe it, they got transmissions from secret ascended masters (tm) who told them the secrets of creation from Atlantis!why atlantis was destroyed is more important than why is was created... history tends to repeat itself- my goodness here's the whole pattern concept again... i see patterns everywhere...

SimonM
09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
True story: Atlantis was made up from Plato as an allegory.

I get it now - you are a Theosophist!

It all makes sense now!

uki
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
True story: Atlantis was made up from Plato as an allegory.an allegory to what?

It all makes sense now!yeah... sure it does.

Lucas
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
i live in atlantis

cjurakpt
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
True story: Atlantis was made up from Plato as an allegory.

I get it now - you are a Theosophist!

It all makes sense now!

everyone say Blavatsky!

I myself am a product of the most crunchy-granola of all, a Rudolf Steiner school!

yet somehow I manage to survive riding the subway...

btw, Atlantis is doing fine, I double-checked some of my old Sub Mariner comics just to be sure...

cjurakpt
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
i live in atlantis

I'm Batman!

Lucas
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm Batman!

This IS the internet, so it must be true.

Nice to meet you Batman.

SimonM
09-18-2008, 06:02 AM
an allegory to what?

The ideal (totalitarian) state actually. He couldn't find one oppressive enough in history so he made one up.

But, you know, I learned that in a university philosophy course so it's just part of the intelligencia conspiracy to suppress the truth about everything....

In fact I AM the intelligencia conspiracy.

I note that you didn't actually deny being a theosophist. :D

Becca
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
A saying I adhere to:

It's good to be open minded, so long as one isn't so open minded that his brain falls out.
I am shamelessly stealing this for my sig.:D

cjurakpt
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
The ideal (totalitarian) state actually. He couldn't find one oppressive enough in history so he made one up.
people do tend to forget that one, annoying little fact...

But, you know, I learned that in a university philosophy course so it's just part of the intelligencia conspiracy to suppress the truth about everything....
what I also find interesting is that in my experience with a wide range of "alternative" energy-workers, psychic channelers and the like (and believe me, I have met more than a few in my line of work) will happily use concepts like quantum physics, DNA, etc. to support their pet theories about energetic healing, and are usually very happy to wax polemic about how so-called "western" medicine / science has missed the mark...

In fact I AM the intelligencia conspiracy.
that's what I want you to think

I note that you didn't actually deny being a theosophist. :D
neither did Krishnamurti...;)

SimonM
09-18-2008, 12:24 PM
people do tend to forget that one, annoying little fact...

I know eh.

Atlantis has gotten so tied into so much... nonsense... thanks to the neo-platonic connection of most of the enlightenment and victorian era hermetic societies that people mostly forget what it was originally all about. And for Plato it was no more real than "the cave".

what I also find interesting is that in my experience with a wide range of "alternative" energy-workers, psychic channelers and the like (and believe me, I have met more than a few in my line of work) will happily use concepts like quantum physics, DNA, etc. to support their pet theories about energetic healing, and are usually very happy to wax polemic about how so-called "western" medicine / science has missed the mark...

Word.
It's because of three problems.

1) Shaping of evidence to fit world view.
2) Acting outside of their area of expertise.
3) The "ancients were right" fallacy.

that's what I want you to think

Perhaps it's actually what I want you to want me to think.

neither did Krishnamurti...;)

LOLZ!

cjurakpt
09-18-2008, 12:47 PM
And for Plato it was no more real than "the cave".
:confused: I thought that really did happen?

1) Shaping of evidence to fit world view.
2) Acting outside of their area of expertise.
sorry, I didn't realize that this was the McCain / Obama thread...

3) The "ancients were right" fallacy.
well, they were - about certain things; but you have to view it through the lens of rationality - for example, the charting of astronomical phenomenon - people are astounded about how accurate ancient measurement was, and can't seem to fathom how they were able to make such precise observations; well, if you live in a time where things move much more slowly than they do now, where notions of upward mobility don't provide the impetus to "succeed" the way we do now, then the idea that you might spend 20 or 30 or more years of your life, first as an apprentice, then as a master, watching the sky every night (with almost no ambient light, I may add), then you are, in effect, a human number cruncher - similarly, observations about numbers by "ancient" mathematicians was based on that these guys pretty much did only that, for their whole lives; not to mention that they might have been geniuses in a time when most people were herding goats; point is that, when the pace of life is slower, the capacity to observe natural patterns of behavior is different
so yea, the ancients were right; of course, they were also wrong about a few things as well...

Perhaps it's actually what I want you to want me to think.
that's what you should keep believing...

LOLZ!
his "Truth is a Pathless Land" speech probably was the ballsiest thing to happen to any "religion" ever - I mean, he basically told a world-wide organization of at least 50,000 members to go frig themselves...go K!

SimonM
09-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Thing is that in those areas where the ancient people actually WERE on the ball their findings have been validated by modern, empirical, science.

Sorry, prodding 1bad65 made me put on my scientist hat. :D

My point is this: If somebody says that science / medicine / etc. is wrong because some hidden etheric master told them so... I'm sorry... but for important knowledge your average community college significantly trumps the submersed continent of mu.

Has Uki bowed out of this thread? Too bad. I was having fun with him.

uki
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Has Uki bowed out of this thread?no... just sitting here watching the exchange until there is something interesting and worth responding to...

Too bad. I was having fun with him.i am most certain that the tiger is having more fun than you are... :)

SimonM
09-19-2008, 06:23 AM
no... just sitting here watching the exchange until there is something interesting and worth responding to...

Translation: I got you on the Theosophy thing and then you realized that Helena Blavatsky is very succeptable to mockery and took a step back.

i am most certain that the tiger is having more fun than you are... :)

And the hawk is having more fun than the tiger. But, here on the ground, the Simon is having oodles of fun at the Uki's expense. :p

Becca
09-19-2008, 06:51 AM
no... just sitting here watching the exchange until there is something interesting and worth responding to...

... Just so long as you respond like an adult. I'm getting sick of threads I enjoy following being locked and/or closed because you have the social graces of a 2-year-old.:rolleyes:

uki
09-19-2008, 12:25 PM
... Just so long as you respond like an adult.adults make me sick.

I'm getting sick of threads I enjoy following being locked and/or closed because you have the social graces of a 2-year-old.really... the only one i can recall being locked was the gay MMA thread... besides, most two year olds have something far more interesting to say than some closed minded adults. :)

Translation: I got you on the Theosophy thing and then you realized that Helena Blavatsky is very succeptable to mockery and took a step back.to be honest i have no idea who helena blavatasky is.

And the hawk is having more fun than the tiger.well as long as everyone is enjoying themselves... thats all that matters.

But, here on the ground, the Simon is having oodles of fun at the Uki's expense. too bad i am not paying for this...:)

SimonM
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
to be honest i have no idea who helena blavatasky is.

Sure you don't. ;)

MightyB
09-23-2008, 08:10 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/story//politico/20080923/pl_politico/13769 :eek:

SimonM
09-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Wow, that was so on topic for the thread it initially confused me why you were posting it here. ;)

Good luck to the USA.

If you guys go into a massive depression a lot of people are going to get hurt... and Canada's economy will also be adversely effected.

Is the bailout package the right thing to do? I guess we will find out. My gut says that this needs to be a wakeup call about financial deregulation.

Shaolinlueb
09-23-2008, 09:57 AM
these threads have been bringing the fail.

Becca
09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Wow, that was so on topic for the thread it initially confused me why you were posting it here. ;)

Good luck to the USA.

If you guys go into a massive depression a lot of people are going to get hurt... and Canada's economy will also be adversely effected.

Is the bailout package the right thing to do? I guess we will find out. My gut says that this needs to be a wakeup call about financial deregulation.
Interesting choice of words.... I am guessing you are blaming all the world's ecconomic instability on the U.S. I'm interested in you thoughts on how the failure of several European backs more than 6 moths ago is a product of this bail out. Let me guess, because the securities guy who cause the French bank to fail, the one that started this domino effect in banking, traded in securities, the fact that he defrauded his bank ceases to be the issue because "everyone" knows that the U.S. was selling high risk securities. Of course, if there han'd been any buyers for the confidence men to sell to.... and since the confidence men were seemingly all american, exept for those who weren't.....

So am I close? Or did you think this was an isolated case? Nothing is isolated in the world stock market. It's a butterfly effect. And I don't think the U.S. was the butterfly who started the hurricain.

SimonM
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
This seems to be "misinterpret Simon day" on Kung Fu Magazine.

I wasn't saying I BLAME the USA for ALL the problems in banking.

I DID say that the CURRENT problem in US banks is largely home-grown. And I stand by that.

I also said that a depression in the USA would adversely effect Canada's economy... which is true.

That is as much Canada's fault, for over-reliance on trade with the USA, as any body else's... it doesn't change the reality though.

Becca
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I argue the point about the current issue with banking being home grown. It is exaserbated by certain trade practices in U.S. banking, so the magnitude is home grown. But the financial instability that caused the tumble wan't home grown. That financial instability can be traced back for decades. there are highs and lows in the cycle of world finances. We are in a low spot world wide. A few years a go we were in a high spot. Give it a couple more years and we will be at a high point again.

The big question isn't "are we in a recession?" The big question is "how big will this one be?" If you want to blame the United States for a financial tidle effect that can be traced back before we were a country, so be it. But a cycle is just that, a cycle. Not something to be blamed anymore than the Jet streem is to be blamed for huticains, not that we don't. Everything just has to be someone's fault. Prefferably someone else's fault.:rolleyes:

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Here's the deal:

The American economy is absolutely huge. So huge that it has major tentacles in every economy on earth. If our economy takes a bad turn, that WILL effect every nation on earth, from the massive trade we do with China, to the Tourist industry in the Bahamas.

It is not a matter of who's fault it is (although it could very well be argued that our own government interference in the supposedly free market is the issue), but more a matter of facts via mechanical connections.

It's like a car, if the engine dies, the car will not run. The transmission may not be at fault, but it cannot function without the engine turning as it should due to the direct mechanical link.
you cannot drastically effect the largest powerhouse, without effecting all of it.
In this case, the link is financial, and the finances are so complicated, and so intertwined and inter dependent that a financial disaster here is financial disaster everywhere.

Just a note: Gold (the most accurate and best economic indicator) broke past major, and critical resistance last week, and has been trading above it all this week so far. It this trend continues (and it does not have anything to stop it as far as I can see) we will be challenging the highs from a few months ago.

This means the economy will revisit it's worst point, probably in the next 2-3 weeks, if not sooner. With the momentum seen so far, it will likely break through the upper resistance levels. If it does, look out, You ain't seen nutt'n yet, this disaster is just starting.

David Jamieson
09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Our economy will only be effected in the sense that it is right now.

american companies pulling out of canada to shore up their interests at home.

american companies not being able to buy natural resources from canada

canada having to spread out and market itself and its products more assertively on the global market.

all these things aren't actually "bad" for canada and some would say they are good.

we are great trading partners, but if one partner can't trade anymore, then we will have to find someone who can.

I'm sure we'll float them some wood and oil for winter, but after that, they really need to get their house in order. the greed is what is stifling them. it's very simple.

i don't get the propping up of wall street though. that is just weird and unamerican.

Becca
09-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Exactly DJ. The world market flows. Every now and then there is a kink in the system, like the Great Depression or the Potato Famine, but for the most part, so long as you don't panic too badly, everything will just flow in another direction. The U.S. may stop buying Canadian Natural resources. So you sell to someone else. It sucks for the middle man who's business model can't change fast enough to survive, but that is, unfortunately, life.

As for "floating us some wood or oil" remember one thing: we have more than enough resources that weren't being used because we could get them easier from elsewhere. As for cash? All we have to do is stop paying the farmers to leave some feilds fallow. If you ain't got the cash, grow a cash crop.....

brothernumber9
09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
RD,

I am curious to know, if there is any notable spike or rise in trading of gold between yesterday and today, on the heels of people like Cramer, and analysts on Squawk Box and FOXBusiness, encouraging investors and traders to put a little more in Gold (or some at all if they hadn't already),

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Gold is down $22.70 right now.

Although, that is just continuation of the correction that started Tuesday.

Cramer obviously has little effect on the Futures markets, as the correction hasn't even slowed down.

Support on the weekly chart is somewhere in the area of $833.40 and $822.00

So unless it closes below that area this week, or next, the bull trend (and continued worsening of the economy) will continue.

You can find charts at www.futuresource.com