PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about sifu Yang Shu-ton (tony Yang)?

kungfu cowboy
10-10-2000, 03:13 PM
I am thinking about joining his school, just wondering if anyone had any info.Thanks.

baji-fist
10-11-2000, 02:38 AM
Sifu Yang is my sifu's kung fu brother. I have met sifu Yang in person and he is a very good man. His Baji is very good and so is his Mantis. I definitely recommend learning from Sifu Yang. he has tons of information to offer. If you would like to check him or his students out, he will be having a tournament at the Canton Civic Center this Saturday, October 14 at 9am. I will also be going down with my sifu to compete in the tournament. Hope this info helps.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

BaguaMantis
10-19-2000, 02:46 PM
Sifu Yang is Kung Fu Bros. with my Sifu's Sifu's Sifu, Jason Tsou. I can vouch for Sifu Tsou's ability, especially after the weekend of training we got a couple weeks ago on his visit. also I have footage of Sifu Yang performing Li Pi, Tang Lang Shou and Tsai Kwai forms from a short video series he made probably in the mid 80's. (the thing you find on ebay!) I was impressed with Sifu Yang's ability also.

--Jared--
The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

kungfu cowboy
10-20-2000, 10:40 AM
i appreciate the vote of confidence about sifu Yang. I am really trying to find a quality school, and so far, this one has been the pick of the litter. You said you had tapes of sifu Yang performing. Is there any way I could get copies? Do you know the name of the distributor? What was that about Ebay? Did your teacher by any chance study with liu yun chiao? Does your school teach breakfalls, or have any work on the ground? Could I possibly ask any more questions?

BaguaMantis
10-20-2000, 08:13 PM
the tapes i think are long out of print. my sifu found them on ebay and i split the cost with him. they are very short tapes. basically he does the form like a million times in various speeds and then they show a couple applications. they run about 20 minutes each. i'd think the new ones from his school would be much better. its just cool to see him doing the forms. we do breakfalls. they are lots of fun. my sifu did get to study under grandmaster liu breifly. he went to taiwan for about 6 mos to study at wutang.

--Jared--
The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.