PDA

View Full Version : New Lama Pai History

Lama Pai Sifu
09-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, here is a new page I published on my website regarding Lama Pai's history. It's not crazy detailed, but I think some of you will enjoy it.

Lama Pai History (http://nykungfu.com/style_Lama%20Pai.html)

htowndragon
09-15-2008, 11:30 PM
you put ma yi po under wong lum hoi instead of wong yan lum on the written lineage

Lama Pai Sifu
09-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Ha...so I did! I will correct it. Thanks for pointing it out. Somehow I wrote it correctly, but then placed him in the wrong column. Drats!

htowndragon
09-16-2008, 03:11 AM
np

btw i got the impression from daves posts that dang ho and deng gum to were the same people. guess im wrong there.

any more info on dang ho? seems he was a student of wong lam hoi, i wonder if his lions roar looks closer to bak hok

Lama Pai Sifu
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Fixed it. Jyu Chuyhn and Ma Yi Po were reversed. Thanks for catching that for me.

I'm going to put up some more stuff on that page soon, i.e., video clips, scanned docs, etc.

I hope you and some other people enjoy it.

MP

PS Nothing from those scammy guys in TX, huh??

jdhowland
09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Great website!

Got a couple of questions regarding content: Where does Ho Da To's birthdate of 1365 come from? I was taught that he was born during the reign of the Ming emperor Hsun Jung (Xuanzong or Xuande) and the date 1426 was surmised from the first complete year of Xuande's reign as the earliest likley date of birth.

Your history also has him born in Shanghai Province. I wonder if this is supposed to be Qinghai which is a new name for a province made up of a formerly Tibetan territory. The tradition that he was born in Qinghai may be just a simple fact. But, since we know so little else about him, it makes me think that the emphasis on Qinghai was designed to make the Lama tradition more acceptable to the Chinese since the area was culturally Tibetan but politically Chinese.

Watcha t'ink?

jd

htowndragon
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
nope no news from them

htowndragon
09-16-2008, 10:03 PM
btw its still the same on the website mike

Lama Pai Sifu
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I actually had a bunch of errors on it, not that I actually proof read it!!! Don't know how I put of the wrong date or even where that came from...

Corrected the lineage mix up, just had to swap names from one side to the other, and the Qinghai mistake was someone typing and thinking it was spelled wrong, d'oh!!

I've got some new lama vids going up on youtube with month...keep an eye out.

Peace

TenTigers
09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
np

btw i got the impression from daves posts that dang ho and deng gum to were the same people. guess im wrong there.

any more info on dang ho? seems he was a student of wong lam hoi, i wonder if his lions roar looks closer to bak hok

check out Sifu David Rogers' website for info on the Deng Family Gung-Fu,
http://www.risingcrane.co.uk/

Lama Pai Sifu
09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Sifu Rogers Haap Ga has a great many similiarities to the Lama that I learned from Chan Tai-San. But then again we are related via lineage after all...