PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar Teacher/Lineage Question

JGTevo
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey I'm probably going to go check out a Hung Gar school tomorrow night. Was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the instructor or lineage of this guy -> http://www.tigercrane.net/

Would definitely be interested in hearing any good and/or bad, if anyone has any experience with him or his Sifu.

David Jamieson
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Y.C Wong's reputation precedes him. He's very well known and by all accounts an excellent proponent of the Hung Gar system. If he is propping his student as an instructor of same, then it's probably a safe bet.

But, that's just a voice from the internet. :)

Infrazael
09-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey Josh,

Have you checked out Aaron's school? Buck Sam Kong.

Just throwing it out there.

Looking forward to our first meeting!

JGTevo
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I've checked out the website on Buck Sam Kong, it's just a little bit too far for me right now. It looks like a great school though. Hopefully this one pans out, as it's only 10 minutes away.

Infrazael
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Did that other TWC guy ever get back to you?

cjurakpt
09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey I'm probably going to go check out a Hung Gar school tomorrow night. Was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the instructor or lineage of this guy -> http://www.tigercrane.net/

Would definitely be interested in hearing any good and/or bad, if anyone has any experience with him or his Sifu.

from personal experience, you can't get more authentic and well-regarded as Wong Sifu; he's the "real deal" in regards to what he teaches;

can't say anything about the student, never having met / seen him

TenTigers
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Wong Sifu is probably the eldest Hung-Ga Sifu in the USA. He is an exceptional man, always smiling, full of energy. I watched as he went through the Pek Kwar form fifteen times in a row without tiring at Sifu Ross' school. He then spent a couple of hours teaching me and my students the Fu-Hok two man set.
Let me tell you, when he did the set with me, he came at me full tilt! He was extremely patient, and worked one on one with some of my students who were having a rough time with the set.
At dinner afterwards, he still was full of energy, answering every type of question we threw at him, -and I ask alot of questions!;)
I would assume that anyone that he would give his name to would be a righteous Sifu. Lucky You!

banditshaw
09-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I've checked out the website on Buck Sam Kong, it's just a little bit too far for me right now. It looks like a great school though. Hopefully this one pans out, as it's only 10 minutes away.

Yeah I would check it out JG. Kong Sifu's school is like a 45 minutes to 1 hour each way for you.
Like Ten has already said, if Wong Sifu has taught this man for awhile you should get some good stuff.
Let us know how it pans out.

PM
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
TT: well written, i second that! Y.C. Wong sifu is one of the TOP gungfu man i have ever met. Curtis Fujita sifu, a disciple of Y.C. Wong sifu, is a devoted and hardworking guy, good disciple of his sifu. definitely recommended!

JGTevo
09-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Did that other TWC guy ever get back to you?

Nah I invited him but he just sort've dodged the invite and invited me to his thing.

cjurakpt
09-17-2008, 04:35 AM
only good things to say?

this thread should be bronzed...

Infrazael
09-20-2008, 03:19 AM
Nah I invited him but he just sort've dodged the invite and invited me to his thing.

I really wanted to fight him, a pure WC guy. :(

Now what stories do I have to tell my children in the future?

JGTevo
09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
lol, if you're down we can go down and meet him and his WC breathren in Sherman Oaks area sometime. It's only about 10 minutes from Westwood.

Infrazael
09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
lol, if you're down we can go down and meet him and his WC breathren in Sherman Oaks area sometime. It's only about 10 minutes from Westwood.

Why the hell not? Let's do it sometime.