PDA

View Full Version : kung fu flix

wisdom mind
10-11-2000, 06:34 PM
I was loking through my movie collection and realized I have NO mantis movies....

Can you tell me the titles of any movies that highlight mantis or have good mantis demoed...?

Im looking for the more flairy, Shaw Bros type flick rather than instructional thanks!:)

Papieboni
10-11-2000, 07:53 PM
Try Shaolin Mantis (shaw Bros) and Thundering Mantis (MAntis vs Eagle Claw) pretty good flicks

Hua Lin Laoshi
10-11-2000, 08:31 PM
Thundering Mantis is good. I think it also went by another name like Crazy Mantis or something like that. Shaolin Temple has some mantis in it along with some wicked double hand gim by Yu Chenghui.

wisdom mind
10-11-2000, 08:34 PM
ill look for them.....any moe ideaz?

thanx

LawClansman
10-12-2000, 01:07 AM
Eagle's Claw: Wang dow, Tommy Lee
Hot Cool and the Vicious: Tan Tao Lang, tommy Lee, Wang Dow.

Dance of the Drunken Mantis; Simon Yuen

Snake in the Eagles Shadow: one fight with J Chan.

Prodigal Son: Yeun Bau. One bodyguard does some mantis.

That's off the top of my head. By the way, I have Yu Cheng Hui doing his mantis (Wu Shu) when he was REAL young. (Wu Shu series from China)

Sifu Carl

RAYNYSC
10-12-2000, 01:11 AM
Here's a short list of movies that highlight Mantis or have really good Mantis Demos in them...

1)Shaolin Mantis
2)Thundering Mantis
3)7 Commandments of Kung Fu
4)The Death Duel of Kung Fu
5)Dance of the Drunk Mantis
6)Eagles Claw
7)Warriors Two
8)Tiger over the Wall
9)The Sleeping Fist
10)Five Masters of death

Check them out I'm more then sure if you're into Mantis you'll like some of the Mantis that these Movies Demo & Highlight...

PEACE /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RAYNYSC

Hua Lin Laoshi
10-12-2000, 10:46 PM
LawClansman
That's something I'd really like to see. Any chance of sharing the wealth? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wisdom mind
10-12-2000, 11:08 PM
im game if the above tape becomes circulating!

LawClansman
10-14-2000, 05:03 PM
Hua Lin Laoshi,

Email me for info.

sevenstarmantis@hotmail.com

Sifu Carl

LawClansman
10-14-2000, 05:04 PM
Hua Lin Laoshi,

Email me for info.

sevenstarmantis@hotmail.com

Sifu Carl

KNH13
10-15-2000, 06:59 AM
Another one is "Death Duel of the Mantis"

wisdom mind
10-15-2000, 09:17 PM
Thanks all for the input, I got a few of the above listed, so ill review them fer ya....

Thundering Mantis--
good movie, shows training methods and how the learned moves work in a fight. must see end scene w/mantis guy freaking out.

Eagle Claw--nice flick, shows masked treachery and deception as well as many great fight sequences, all around best w/good costumes and dubbing.

more reviews later.

Monkey
10-15-2000, 09:37 PM
I have one recorded off the t.v. called 'Deadly Mantis' starring David Chiang. It's probably the best movie he ever did.

cha kuen
10-16-2000, 01:05 AM
Jet Li's movie Shaolin Temple 2! There is a mantis sifu in there and a great final fight scene. He is also in Shaolin temple 1 and tai chi master. He is the bald sifu that's head of the temple.