PDA

View Full Version : The Watermelon Challenge!

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Hey everyone, check out this clip...

You can post your video responses as well!

THE WATERMELON CHALLENGE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM17URoyKbk)

And please comment on it...especially if you have something nice to say..LOL.

I'm going to post THE WALNUT CHALLENGE NEXT.

Peace

Eddie
09-19-2008, 06:16 AM
cool clip.

I cant snd a video responce, cause I have never even though about poking a watermelon.

Pretty cool. I like the casualness of the video

jdhowland
09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
John Cleese would be proud. You have mastered the art of Defending Oneself Against Fresh Fruit!

Now loganberries, I have heard, are particularly dangerous as weapons.

jd

SanHeChuan
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Whats a good test to see if your fingers are strong enough before attempting that? :D

TenTigers
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
There is a saying that External Kung-Fu works from the outside in, and Internal Kung-Fu works from the inside out.
I use the internal method. We work from the inside out, so through this training, I am able to thrust my fingers into the inside of a halved watermelon. I will in this fashion work eventually to the outside.

Internal Kung-Fu is a gradual progression, so you will probably not see any videos from me for several years, or more.

doug maverick
09-19-2008, 11:36 AM
dude when you wrote watermelong challene i was totally expecting to see this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7YPlGRX5w)

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Whats a good test to see if your fingers are strong enough before attempting that? :D

That's a good question, I would think trying all four fingers, held close together with the hand slightly cupped.

I can do either the index or middle finger individually, and it takes a little more strength to use them at the same time but separated.

Let me know what you do for finger conditioning now..

And Ten Tigers, I wasn't sure if you were kidding about what you wrote. Are you serious? Are you practicing an 'internal' finger method and you can strike an already cut open watermelon? Please explain.

TenTigers
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Lama Pai Sifu-YES, it was a joke!
(surely you didn't think I was that deep, did'ja?):D

p.s.-cool videos!:cool:

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Lama Pai Sifu-YES, it was a joke!
(surely you didn't think I was that deep, did'ja?):D

p.s.-cool videos!:cool:

Sometimes it's hard to tell...can't get tone from a post, ya know?

Thanks for the props.

Take care.

MP

Vash
09-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I was sorely disappointed.

I expected you to puncture the watermelon AND the assistant holding said fruit offender.

Are there specific strengthening exercises you recommend, in addition to the comments made in the video? I've used fishing weights previously, which had nice results, but eventually that faded away.

rogue
09-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I once saw a stripper in Tijuana shoot half a dozen hard boiled eggs out of her private parts.

diego
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I once saw a stripper in Tijuana shoot half a dozen hard boiled eggs out of her private parts.

so foolish:p

Vash
09-19-2008, 06:42 PM

That's just unsanitary.

dc_jowga
09-19-2008, 06:49 PM
who is the lucky guy that got to eat the eggs? :D

yuck

SanHeChuan
09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw a old okinawan woman drop a piece of banana into a guys mouth. :eek:

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 11:30 PM
You guys are terrible.... :)

Ray Pina
09-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Freaking awesome video! And impressive!

And thanks for the inside info on how to train it.

My only word of advice, is that the editing cuts right before the strike could be suspect. I'd re-edit it. Either let it run long. Or cut once right to it.

Awesome. Looking forward to see what you do to a walnut later.

rogue
09-20-2008, 08:22 AM

So says the fruit abuser.:D:)

Here's one, the walnut challenge against Iron Crotch. :eek:

:D

Lama Pai Sifu
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Freaking awesome video! And impressive!

And thanks for the inside info on how to train it.

My only word of advice, is that the editing cuts right before the strike could be suspect. I'd re-edit it. Either let it run long. Or cut once right to it.

Awesome. Looking forward to see what you do to a walnut later.

It just turned out that we were adjusting the angle for like two minutes and Ryan kept complaining about how heavy the watermelon was...lol. It would have been a couple of minutes of BS that would have looked ridiculous. But I understand your point, that's why with the walnuts, I just wanted to open the bag on camera and not to make any cuts so that no one would be suspect of anything.

Thanks for the advice and the props though.

R u back in NY again?

Lama Pai Sifu
09-20-2008, 11:03 AM
So says the fruit abuser.:D:)

Here's one, the walnut challenge against Iron Crotch. :eek:

:D

Do you think any of the iron crotch guys could stand up to my "walnut challenge?"

I bet I could crush their nuts..no problem. But would I want to?? I think that there lies the problem of actually making this happen.

cjurakpt
09-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Do you think any of the iron crotch guys could stand up to my "walnut challenge?"

I bet I could crush their nuts..no problem. But would I want to?? I think that there lies the problem of actually making this happen.

I think that "opening the bag" to get to them would actually be the worst part...

rogue
09-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Rumor has it that Gene read the idea and went catatonic thinking of all the marketing tie-ins. Don't forget that people love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure.

I hope the Iron Crotch/Bag O' Walnuts idea isn't left "dangling".

Ray Pina
09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
It just turned out that we were adjusting the angle for like two minutes and Ryan kept complaining about how heavy the watermelon was...lol. It would have been a couple of minutes of BS that would have looked ridiculous. But I understand your point, that's why with the walnuts, I just wanted to open the bag on camera and not to make any cuts so that no one would be suspect of anything.

Thanks for the advice and the props though.

R u back in NY again?

I was in NY for two weeks in Aug. but I/m back in PR.

Saw the walnut video. Very impressive again. Your students are lucky to have you. You guys might be the last generation to train that way.

Lama Pai Sifu
09-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I was in NY for two weeks in Aug. but I/m back in PR.

Saw the walnut video. Very impressive again. Your students are lucky to have you. You guys might be the last generation to train that way.

Ray, my teachers main skill (as taught by his main teach Jyu Chuyhn) was what he called "Jao Gung" or Claw Skill. He taught me a great many ways to train my fingers, grip and claw strength. We used to laugh how his fingers actually felt like 'iron pins' when he grabbed you. And if he did grab you, you felt like you were not going anywhere without his permission.

I've got about 2 dozen really good ways to train the hands/fingers/wrist/claws that allow you to actually use all the cool KF techniques we learn. I guess I should make a DVD...

It's a shame really...people think that all their clawing techniques and finger poking techniques are going to work in a real fight...I don't think people realize how much hand/finger strength you really need to rip into someone's muscle or throat to be effective. Everyone needs to do some type of training for this.

Thanks again for the appreciation. When you get back to NY, stop in and I'll share some training methods with you if you want.

rogue
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
It's a shame really...people think that all their clawing techniques and finger poking techniques are going to work in a real fight...I don't think people realize how much hand/finger strength you really need to rip into someone's muscle or throat to be effective. Everyone needs to do some type of training for this.

Word!

IronWeasel
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I think that "opening the bag" to get to them would actually be the worst part...

Lol!!!

Comedy gold!

Raipizo
09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
that was pretty awesome i want to do that now.. lol

Ray Pina
09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
When you get back to NY, stop in and I'll share some training methods with you if you want.

I will gladly bow to you, and try to make it worth your while, for the opportunity to train that skill.

Lama Pai Sifu
09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I will gladly bow to you, and try to make it worth your while, for the opportunity to train that skill.

Ray, take me out to lunch and I'll tell you more ways that you can count, regarding building hand, finger and grip strength..deal??

It would be nice to make your acquaintance (formally), especially after we both engaged in nonsense on here a couple of years ago. Let me know when u r coming up.

Lama Pai Sifu
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
that was pretty awesome i want to do that now.. lol

Personally, I don't think it's too hard, but i don't think people have the confidence to even try it. I think that many of you on here, who have trained their fingers probably could do it....maybe not as easy as I am doing it, but it will get better if you train it correctly.

I posted it to challenge everyone to try to do something different, and also in an effort to bring to everyone's attention that finger strikes and claws don't work that well if you don't train your hands.

rogue
09-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Ray, take me out to lunch and I'll tell you more ways that you can count, regarding building hand, finger and grip strength..deal??

And if you bring LPS red roses and chocolates...:D

Shaolinlueb
09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
dude when you wrote watermelong challene i was totally expecting to see this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7YPlGRX5w)

hahahahahahaha awesome.

i was hioping for 2 girls 1 watermelon :(

nice video mike.

bawang
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!!!!!
here is a rare video of me ground fighting with a watermelon 2lb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTveY8GpIsdf&feature=super diarrhea
and me groundfighting with a walnut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTve&feature=poop
i have defeacated you!!!

Shaolinlueb
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!!!!!
here is a rare video of me ground fighting with a watermelon 2lb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTveY8GpIsdf&feature=relate
and me groundfighting with a walnut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTve&feature=related
i have defeacated you!!!

they don't work. you fail.

bawang
09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
i had to edit my link because my sifu who was dead for 10 years appear to me in a dream and told me not to reeveal the secret style of my kung fu. ur just jealous cuz you cant learn it

cjurakpt
09-23-2008, 02:18 PM
i had to edit my link because my sifu who was dead for 10 years appear to me in a dream and told me not to reeveal the secret style of my kung fu. ur just jealous cuz you cant learn it

best reason for not maning up to something that I've heard, ever;

so good, that anyone who has ever weaseled out of a challenge should be able to use it retroactively with impunity....

rogue
09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Hmmm. Rogue writes down advice from cjurakpt for next time he ticks off a forum membe.;)

David Jamieson
09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
as weird as it sounds, i met my former sifu in a dream before i met him for real.

Lama Pai Sifu
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
as weird as it sounds, i met my former sifu in a dream before i met him for real.

yes, that does sound weird.

Did he have a watermelon??

TenTigers
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
what was she wearing?

David Jamieson
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
no, no watermelons, but he did transmit knowledge to me by means of an electrical arc in that dream. go figure. just one of those weird little things that happens in ones life every now and then... :)

SanHeChuan
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I've always believed you could catch glimpses into the future through dreams. When ever I have deja vu, instead of "I feel like I've done this before", it's "I feel like I've dreamed this before".

irontiger1981
09-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone, check out this clip...

You can post your video responses as well!

THE WATERMELON CHALLENGE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM17URoyKbk)

And please comment on it...especially if you have something nice to say..LOL.

I'm going to post THE WALNUT CHALLENGE NEXT.

Peace

my god, dude.... that crap is the bomb.com!!!!!!

Lama Pai Sifu
09-23-2008, 06:48 PM
my god, dude.... that crap is the bomb.com!!!!!!

Yeah,..it's not too shabby, huh?

SanHeChuan
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
i went to the store but they only had small watermelons :(

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2008, 05:04 AM
Went and brought home a couple of watermelons yesterday.
I don't train finger strikes so I didn't think about doing that, but I did PE fist one and knife hand the other.
Yummy !

Lama Pai Sifu
09-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Glad to hear it. It's nice to think that my clips may have inspired some people a bit...

Peace

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear it. It's nice to think that my clips may have inspired some people a bit...

Peace

Indeed they have bro, next up Pumpkins !

Lucas
09-25-2008, 09:35 AM

dude, my suggestion. carve your jack-o-lantern with your hands alone!

make sure and take a picture of that scary mo fo too

Lama Pai Sifu
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM

I am seriously thinking about a pumpkin...they just look and feel so freakin' hard. But I think I can do it. The watermelon feels super hard as well....so we'll see.

sanjuro_ronin
09-26-2008, 04:16 AM
I am seriously thinking about a pumpkin...they just look and feel so freakin' hard. But I think I can do it. The watermelon feels super hard as well....so we'll see.

They are harder than watermellons, much more dense.
I buddy of mine has a pumpkin patch ( along with strawberries and much more) and when he gets a few pumpkins that are "no good" I used to go over with my katana and have some fun, I only tried to hand strike them once and **** ! they are hard.

Crushing Step
09-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah, try this:

Magician Wally Jay penetrates watermelon with playing card
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ZGIN0UqJE

Xiao3 Meng4
04-14-2010, 08:15 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8113382.stm

Coconut milk, anyone?

sanjuro_ronin
04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
What a freak !!!
That was awesome !!

wiz cool c
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Sifu Mike's iron palm ent no joke, mike i trained shorty with you guys a long time ago, i remember you like one of my rap songs, Ticket To The Grave Yard, don't know if you remember

YouKnowWho
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
How about try watermelon with your "head lock"?

http://johnswang.com/watermelon.wmv

David Jamieson
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Try and make this!

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/8953/1049312?cpt=8&title=home_and_decorating_video_channel&wpid=0

so tasty!

and now with added non-violence towards fruits! :p

sanjuro_ronin
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
What's with all the fruit abuse ???
I am going out and toe kicking a mango !!

On a side note, that is one small watermelon, the ones we have here are huge !

David Jamieson
04-14-2010, 01:13 PM
What's with all the fruit abuse ???
I am going out and toe kicking a mango !!

On a side note, that is one small watermelon, the ones we have here are huge !

you can get those baby melons at loblaws.

I agree though. Parella hates fruits and nuts I think.
He's starting a dangerous trend and I think some farmers are gonna show up at one of his kwoons any day now. :D

As for John, I get a feeling he just enjoys breaking things. Probably grew up in a house full of porcelain and strict parents. That's why he took to the shuai jiao so readily. He needed to make a point. :p

Yum Cha
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Gee, I thought someone was putting on a feed!

YouKnowWho
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
that is one small watermelon, the ones we have here are huge !
Even the small one costed me $2.89. I don't think I can afford a biger one.

Lokhopkuen
04-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Can you gimma call next time you crack one? I'm hungry!

Lokhopkuen
04-15-2010, 03:57 AM

I saw that vid some time back. Very impressive Michael.

David Jamieson
04-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Even the small one costed me $2.89. I don't think I can afford a biger one.

? really ? why ar ethey so expensive where you are? Do you live in antartica or something?

anyway, 3 bucks for fruit that you're only gonna break is a bit much. lol

Lama Pai Sifu
04-18-2010, 04:27 PM
you can get those baby melons at loblaws.

I agree though. Parella hates fruits and nuts I think.
He's starting a dangerous trend and I think some farmers are gonna show up at one of his kwoons any day now. :D

As for John, I get a feeling he just enjoys breaking things. Probably grew up in a house full of porcelain and strict parents. That's why he took to the shuai jiao so readily. He needed to make a point. :p

I just felt a chill....

Then I realized that David Jamieson had just typed my name...

Now, I will slip back into obscurity...

**** you for summoning me, DJ!