PDA

View Full Version : The Walnut Challenge

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Here is the other clip we just shot...

THE WALNUT CHALLENGE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTveY8GpI)

Hope you like this one too. Sorry if I don't make it dramatic enough, but it get easy after awhile....

Comment and subscribe if you dig it...

Peace

cjurakpt
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
what Mike doesn't know is that I went by Waldbaums the night before and bought up all the walnuts, just to irritate him...

Lama Pai Sifu
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
They had every kind of nut EXCEPT unshelled walnuts...

Go figure...

cjurakpt
09-19-2008, 03:27 PM
They had every kind of nut EXCEPT unshelled walnuts...
you should know, considering that by now you seen pretty much every kind of nut that there is...

Go figure...
it's a conspiracy...c-o-n-spiracy...

diego
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Liking the new updates to your YouTube page :cool:

Lama Pai Sifu
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

irontiger1981
09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Here is the other clip we just shot...

THE WALNUT CHALLENGE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbTveY8GpI)

Hope you like this one too. Sorry if I don't make it dramatic enough, but it get easy after awhile....

Comment and subscribe if you dig it...

Peace

dang!!!!! sifu mike, that was pretty impressive. is that for primarily your tiger techniques???????

Lama Pai Sifu
09-22-2008, 11:24 PM
dang!!!!! sifu mike, that was pretty impressive. is that for primarily your tiger techniques???????

Just all clawing in general, not really specific to one type. Glad you liked it though. I'm going to post some crazy stuff in a week though. Keep your eyes open...

:)

Vash
09-23-2008, 04:04 AM
Don't suppose you'll post a few of the training techniques which help develop that claw skill . . . ?

Even if I say please?

irontiger1981
09-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Don't suppose you'll post a few of the training techniques which help develop that claw skill . . . ?

Even if I say please?

yeah no kiddin, on the vid i think he said a lot of dynamic tension type stuff, but details would be great.

Lucas
09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I think he hit the nail on the head when he said he should make a DVD.

;):cool:

Vash
09-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I think he hit the nail on the head when he said he should make a DVD.

;):cool:

I'll buy it.

Lama Pai Sifu
09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
I'll get on it right away. It'll take a few weeks.

David Jamieson
09-23-2008, 06:00 PM
do a pro job and cut a deal with gene here. :)

Lama Pai Sifu
09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
do a pro job and cut a deal with gene here. :)

If Gene wants to..I'm down.

We can do a pro job...no problem.

"Just let me know, Gene."

irontiger1981
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
If Gene wants to..I'm down.

We can do a pro job...no problem.

"Just let me know, Gene."

lol.you guys seriously should. his hands are lethal,. first some conditiuoning methods, then some real world applications, and there you go sifu parrellas :ironhand self defence. dvd:cool:

Lama Pai Sifu
09-24-2008, 07:50 AM
I started Outlining the DVD today. I will start shooting in a week or two. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

:)

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2008, 05:08 AM
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday but at lunch time I went over to the local market and got a bag of walnuts.
I was in the lunch room crushing them ( I did a few with a full hand crush but only managed to crack one open like you did Mike and not as easy that's for sure) and my Dad walks in ( we work together) asks me what I am doing, laughs and proceeds to crush 2 in a row, I look at him and he says, " 40 years of grinding with an angle grinder boy". !
LOL !
He also has hands like a catchers mitt !

Hey , remember that guy that can bend wrenches and frying pans?

Lama Pai Sifu
09-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday but at lunch time I went over to the local market and got a bag of walnuts.
I was in the lunch room crushing them ( I did a few with a full hand crush but only managed to crack one open like you did Mike and not as easy that's for sure) and my Dad walks in ( we work together) asks me what I am doing, laughs and proceeds to crush 2 in a row, I look at him and he says, " 40 years of grinding with an angle grinder boy". !
LOL !
He also has hands like a catchers mitt !

Hey , remember that guy that can bend wrenches and frying pans?

That's awesome!

The full hand crush is still impressive, my grandfather used to do that one when I was a small boy. The thumb and forefinger is still pretty hard, I think most people will find it near impossible. And there will always be some nuts that just break easily and some that are much larger than others. Keep it up though, sounds like you are on the right track!

peace

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2008, 09:32 AM
That's awesome!

The full hand crush is still impressive, my grandfather used to do that one when I was a small boy. The thumb and forefinger is still pretty hard, I think most people will find it near impossible. And there will always be some nuts that just break easily and some that are much larger than others. Keep it up though, sounds like you are on the right track!

peace

I have small hands and as such the leverage part is an issue.
I remember seeing this kind of break in a Jackie Chan movie, Drunken master I think ?

Lucas
09-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I have small hands and as such the leverage part is an issue.
I remember seeing this kind of break in a Jackie Chan movie, Drunken master I think ?

ya drunkzen mashter!

that was a funny scene, the old master just sat there breaking nuts open and munching while he tortured jackie...:D

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2008, 09:48 AM
ya drunkzen mashter!

that was a funny scene, the old master just sat there breaking nuts open and munching while he tortured jackie...:D

I almost read that as " the old master sat there breaking and munching on Jackie's tortured nuts"...

Lucas
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
lol, that would be a severe case of.....something...dunno what exactly.

Hey, im just glad i didnt type it like that.