PDA

View Full Version : Sumo Seminar in Seattle

Three Harmonies
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I know this is not "CMA" but KFO does not really have a "grappling/wrestling" forum.
So I have been talking to a few different people about the possibility of getting someone in town (Seattle, WA.) to offer a weekend workshop on Sumo. One of the individuals that might be able to do this is two time world champ Byambajav Ulambayar from Mongolia. Andrew Freund would also possibly attend to offer his insight into the art.
I am basically putting out some feelers to see if there would be an interest both locally, and/or nationally to attend such a gathering? I have not worked out price (though nothing I do seminar wise is over $150 for a weekend), nor schedule (possibly Nov 08, or Feb 09). Like I said, just mulling this over and seeing if there is enough interest to support bringing him in.
Let me know (only seriously please) if you are in the area and would be interested, or if you are out of town and would be willing to travel to do something like this.

Thanks
Jake
three_harmonies@hotmail.com

unkokusai
09-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Excellent idea! Sumo is great.

Gowgee
09-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Sounds awesome - sumo has great close range grappling. Hope the seminar is a good one for you!

Three Harmonies
09-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Well I am just seeing the interest. So far not much other than you two across the web!
More than anything I want my guests to be received well, and their first experience in Seattle be an extremely positive one, so much so they want to come back again and again.
We shall see.
Jake