PDA

View Full Version : List of Chan family lineage CLF sifus/masters/grandmasters?

LaterthanNever
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello,

Can someone please tell me if there are any CLF instructors of the Chan family lineage in addition to Grandmaster Doc Fai Wong?

Grandmaster Wong is perhaps the most well known in the states(from what I have been told), but many CLF schools listed on the web do not always explain what branch they are. Or they list Hung Sing or Buk Sing lineage..but it seems there is a dearth of instructors who teach Chan lineage.

Anyone? Thanks.

LTN

Steeeve
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Who know???

its not whos right its whos left:)

Steeve

fawlung
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
There are Chan Family instructors in North America.

If you want to PM me with your location, I'd be happy to try and help.

There used to be a website with all of the Chan Family Instructors that were certified under Chen Yong Fa in North America, but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

seisei
09-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Direct Decendant Sifu Ng Fu Hang (grandson of 3rd inheritor Chan Yui Chi
www.choyleefut-us.co (Los Angles Area)

bakxierboxer
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Direct Decendant Sifu Ng Fu Hang (grandson of 3rd inheritor Chan Yui Chi
www.choyleefut-us.co (Los Angles Area)

That's a bad link. :(

Sung29
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Try:

www.choyleefut-us.com

Regards

Shaolindynasty
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
What would make it "chan family" lineage?

bakxierboxer
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Try:

www.choyleefut-us.com

Regards

Thanks.
That worked great!

HSCLFCPA
09-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Try Master Ngan Cho Keong in San Francisco's Chinatown:

8 Old Chinatown Lane
415-788-6933

I do not have a website.

HSCLFCPA
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I forgot to mention that Master Ngan Cho Keong's father is Ngan Wan Lung and grandfather is Ngan Yiu Ting, who is the same generation (3rd) as Chan Yiu Chi (see Seisei's yesterday's posting).

JAZA
09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
When I was at chinatown, I couldn't find 8 Old Chinatown Lane. There is a grocery in that direction.

HSCLFCPA
09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
It is an alley that crosses either Washington or Clay Street. It is between Grant Avenue and Stockton Street (I think closer to Stockton) and the alley becomes a dead end. The building does not advertise kung-fu. You have to call in advance or ring the door bell.

JAZA
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
MMM, the first direction I tried was Washington, because my GPS said this is the new name of Old Chinatown Lane, but I also tried the alley, only chinese characters and no tourists. I looked for CLF characters but couldn't find it. After that I visited Hop Sing , Sun Yat Sen museum and some restaurants asking for Ngan Cho Keong, but I had no answers. May be my cantonese is as bad as my english.

HSCLFCPA
09-26-2008, 08:20 AM
As of last year he was located there. I had dropped by before going to the Gee Tuck celebration last year around May. I had called first to get his business hours. He is still listed in the yellow pages (415-788-6933) at 8 old Chinatown Lane and advistised in the Martial Arts section as Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu.

Last year, I just went to check to see what the Chan Family lineage look like. Sifu Ngan was very nice and courteous. I remember Sifu Frank (HSKWarrior) posting here that he seen Sifu Ngan and his students practicing at Portsmith Square early in the mornings.

seisei
09-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Sifu Ngan's school is still there (just went by ) kind of dark inside no one practicing at that moment, but there was equiptment still in there,in addition if you come to sf see sifu Frank, if someone or something is going on in sf chinatown he will definitley have up to date knowledge of it, probably even walk you there .It is a dead end alley off of Washington st (just below Stockton st. across from Spofford Alley
M