PDA

View Full Version : The Most Difficult form in 7 star mantis

word
11-11-2000, 10:15 PM
What do you guys think is the most difficult hand form in 7 star mantis? Please refer to the WHF forms. I say that it is Lan Jeet. There's nothing flashy about the form but it has the most "jing" or "ging" than any other mantis form.

unicornfist
11-12-2000, 03:42 AM
I like Lan Jia the best also. Have you seen the version with the flip kick at the end? This technique has Northern Mantis ground fighting application.

word
11-12-2000, 05:42 AM
Is that the one that master Su Yu Chang does?

unicornfist
11-13-2000, 12:16 AM
Yeah...Did you see the video clip he has on his web site. That guy is amazing...he's so fast. No wonder they call him "Lightening Fist". /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

baji-fist
11-13-2000, 10:38 AM
I am a preying mantis student from Su Yu Chang's lineage. My sifu trained with him back during the late 60's and 70's when Master Su was still with at Wu-Tan Taiwan. He is really good and I have had a chance to meet with him twice! I have seen that footage on his sight, but that is nothing compared to the footage I got in his praying mantis tape. He plays Lan Jie in his early 20's back in Taiwan. Gosh, he is truly as fast as lightning. On the video tape, he is so fast you would think that it was fast fowarded somewhat. But if you look at the people in the background, they were moving around in regular speed. I also have seen him play Lien Huan Quan from the Baji system. Next to his mantis, his Baji is also top rate!

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

Ericsepishii
11-13-2000, 06:26 PM
I think that there are different
hand forms with different types of
difficulties:

#1 The Drunken Law Horn has "drunken" movements,
"falling", tumbling, some ground techniques,
doing a spin kick after doing a tumble/roll.

#2 Black Tiger Criss Crossing (Intersectional)
has stepping and hand movement timing issues

#3 The 2nd Essential has a lot of short sections
with various Black Tiger Steals Heart
techniques which requires one to have good
memory when playing this set.

#4 Lan Jeet has Jing (ging) issues, hand and
footwork timing issues, the ability to do
a high level left side kick with Lt huen
choi and the (high) jump up to do the
the Wu Sung kills the Tiger motion
re: Jump up & land in a Ma Sic w/a timed
Rt Hammerfist blow

#5 Der Gong (Avoiding Hardness)
has the Chin See motion that unless done
properly (re: utilizing all three forces)
is not truly effective.

Just my 2 cents on the this subject.

Thanks.

Hua Lin Laoshi
11-14-2000, 01:04 AM
I did a search for Su Yu Chang but failed to find a web site with a video clip. Can someone give me the correct URL?

baji-fist
11-14-2000, 09:36 AM
Here is the url for Su Yu Chang's site: http://www2.micro-net.com/~ycsu/
Go to the Tang Lang page and you will find the clip.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

obiwan
11-20-2000, 10:07 AM
Yeah I'd say Liang Jie.

The jing, (I hope your referring to the generation of energy with really confined movement) is so hard to master, and the timing is so difficult. But those are the moves that save your life.

I practice the moves in hope that one day, when I stuff up bad, my body will kick liang jie in automatically and get my butt out of the fire.

It's a fairly short form, and it doesnt look very powerful, but jeez it's effective.

My version doesnt have any high kicks or flip kicks or anything like that. It's a whole lot of moves for when you stuffed up bad, and these moves save ya at pointblank range.

It's similar but different to that website that was posted before. Not so fancy. But the essential moves are the same.

The Force will be with you...always