PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if any of you are interested, but I made a thread comparing MA to daytrading

IronFist
09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
...and it exploded into many pages in a few days :D

I originally made it to complain about some of the idiots on that forum, but it eventually turned into a discussion (and flamefest) about martial arts.

Anyway, here's the thread Trading needs the same "revolution" that martial arts went through 15 years ago (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138491)

Ray Pina
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Do you day trade? I can't say I'm a day trader, though I did a lot of trading out of MER and picked up AAPL and AUY on the cheep. Looking to do some shopping with V tomorrow.

I didn't read your thread yet, but going to very soon. I think there's a big comparison between MA and investing, namely being smart and greedy. Getting a lot for little with plenty left over.

Ray Pina
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Read your post. I don't have much experience, but I started trading down here by myself, learned from Jim Cramer's books and show but read them and gave away my TV to focus. Seems like no one has experienced what we are experience but I don't think it takes a genius to see that $109 Apple is cheep. That $98 Monsanto is a bargain. That Visa is trading lower than its IPO price today.. and doesn't have the problems of Merrill Lynch.