PDA

View Full Version : tsai shaolin chuan fa??

irontiger1981
09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
does ne 1 know this lineage out of chicago. i have trained with themfor four years
and love it, just wanna know if they have any haters??????the grandmaster is john'chi yuan tsai' and the chicago school is now headed by his son master johnny tsai. so hit me up:D

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I trained there for 8 or 9 months back in the early 90's

I think all of the teachers I knew have moved on though. Sifu Gia for instance is running a school in Plainfield called "Super Kicks" off of Canton Farm rd.

The system is fairy sound, and I don't have anything but good to say. I am not exactly sure what it is they teach though, or why they call it Shaolin. I think it is thier own collection of things Master Tsai knows and has elements of different systems mixed in.

Johnny Tsai posts here from time to time,I am sure he could explain better than me. especially since it's been over a decade since I trained with them.

One really good thing I can say is that when I was in, they really conditioned us well. I was in the best shape of my life back then.

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 06:44 AM

I think all of the teachers I knew have moved on though. Sifu Gia for instance is running a school in Plainfield called "Super Kicks" off of Canton Farm rd.

The system is fairy sound, and I don't have anything but good to say. I am not exactly sure what it is they teach though, or why they call it Shaolin. I think it is thier own collection of things Master Tsai knows and has elements of different systems mixed in.

Johnny Tsai posts here from time to time,I am sure he could explain better than me. especially since it's been over a decade since I trained with them.

One really good thing I can say is that when I was in, they really conditioned us well. I was in the best shape of my life back then.

thats so funny superkicks is where i train with sifu gia and her husband sifu charles. sifu charles does a lot for kungfu in the mma circuit he is the 145 champion here in the chi.do you livew near by cuz you knew about caton farm rd??!

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 06:48 AM

oh and it is shaolin 5 animals with plum flower that he has brought together for his style TSAI CHUAN FA.

TaichiMantis
09-30-2008, 08:43 AM
does ne 1 know this lineage out of chicago. i have trained with themfor four years
and love it, just wanna know if they have any haters??????the grandmaster is john'chi yuan tsai' and the chicago school is now headed by his son master johnny tsai. so hit me up:D

Hello! I am a kung fu cousin of yours. My sifu, Jeff Organ, lived with and trained with Grandmaster Tsai and his two sons for many years. Is Kenny Tsai teaching anywhere these days? My class used to perform in the July Chinatown festival demo that he mc'd.:cool:

I still practice my kung fu but am focusing more on tai chi.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I was in Super Kicks about 8-9 months ago. I was going to sign up an take lessons, but I ended up training in an underground group run by a friend of mine.

Sifu Gia was my instructor back in the early 90's at Master Tsai's school on Irving park rd by the Harlem Irving Plaza.

When I heard she had a school in Plainfield I decided it may be a good place to train, so I went in for a visit.

You guys have a large school. How many students do you have?

[EDIT]
What kind of Five Animals is it?

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I was in Super Kicks about 8-9 months ago. I was going to sign up an take lessons, but I ended up training in an underground group run by a friend of mine.

Sifu Gia was my instructor back in the early 90's at Master Tsai's school on Irving park rd by the Harlem Irving Plaza.

When I heard she had a school in Plainfield I decided it may be a good place to train, so I went in for a visit.

You guys have a large school. How many students do you have?

[EDIT]
What kind of Five Animals is it?

our five animals are your typical dragon,tiger,snake,crane,panther. but we also have some monkey drunken fist , the curriculim is really vast we have a lot plum flower stances. the animals dont come until higher ranks like im now on a form called jade tiger. but yeah sifu charles and master gia are awesome. nby the way they both compete for the world combat league {chuck norris } and do very good you can catch them sometimes on versus. sifu charles knoked some dude out with a spinning side kick to the liver it was the bomb.com. hes real close to putting kung fu on the map for mma

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
We should probably get together sometime, seeing as how we are so close.

I may be free Saturday afternoon, after my class. I will be passing only a few blocks from Super Kicks on my way home.

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 10:01 AM
We should probably get together sometime, seeing as how we are so close.

I may be free Saturday afternoon, after my class. I will be passing only a few blocks from Super Kicks on my way home.

i would be honored but the problem is i dont get off work till 4 and i have a wedding to go to. if you want im off on sundays. hey im always lookin for a kung fu buddy

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello! I am a kung fu cousin of yours. My sifu, Jeff Organ, lived with and trained with Grandmaster Tsai and his two sons for many years. Is Kenny Tsai teaching anywhere these days? My class used to perform in the July Chinatown festival demo that he mc'd.:cool:

I still practice my kung fu but am focusing more on tai chi.

hello cousin, and yes sifu tsai is still teaching

TaichiMantis
09-30-2008, 10:53 AM
hello cousin, and yes sifu tsai is still teaching

hmmm...I know that sifu Johnny is teaching, just wondering where sifu kenny is teaching.:confused:

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 11:55 AM
i would be honored but the problem is i dont get off work till 4 and i have a wedding to go to. if you want im off on sundays. hey im always lookin for a kung fu buddy

Reply]
My daughter will be home Sunday. Maybe some time in the middle of the week?

When do you train?

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Reply]
My daughter will be home Sunday. Maybe some time in the middle of the week?

When do you train?

monday,wed,thurs

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 12:39 PM
I will have to check my schedule.

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 02:35 PM
I will have to check my schedule.

thats cool just let me know, i live in morris if your a kung fu fanatic like me ill chill or watch a movie with ya anytime.:D

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I am in Westmont. Although the group I train with is in Plainfield. I generally go for my lesson on Saturday, and practice on my own during the week when I can.

rogerclf1
09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey I used to train with Sifu Gia and Charles a couple of years ago also. Awesome teachers just not what I was looking for at the time. I live in Lockport so I would definitely be down with training or doing something, Iron Tiger and RD

rogerclf1
09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey RD what are you training in around the Plainfield area?

rogerclf1
09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Also Kenny Tsai has a school in the chicago area the last time I was searching on the internet. Not sure of the exact location though.

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey I used to train with Sifu Gia and Charles a couple of years ago also. Awesome teachers just not what I was looking for at the time. I live in Lockport so I would definitely be down with training or doing something, Iron Tiger and RD

yeah they are my heroes, but yeah whatever im always down to meet other martial fanatics

rogerclf1
09-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Thats awesome. I have been training Hung Sing Choy lay fut for the past 3 years so I am sure we can all learn something. I was at Sifu Gia's in 2005 so I might know you. I had trained there for about 6 months.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey RD what are you training in around the Plainfield area?

Reply]
Kuntao.

I am still working on my Tai Tzu project as well, but the Kuntao class gives me plenty of really skilled people to play with.

Plus the way that it integrates the knife and empty hand skills is very sound. It's a brilliant system.

From what I can tell is it is the root Shaolin technologies that have been highly preserved and still highly functional as well. The flavor is very similar too, which makes it compatible with my tai tzu.

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Thats awesome. I have been training Hung Sing Choy lay fut for the past 3 years so I am sure we can all learn something. I was at Sifu Gia's in 2005 so I might know you. I had trained there for about 6 months.

well this is chad i usually wear a bandana, im always in there with my wife kate. i either had shaved head, a mohawk or some funky hairstyle. and crazy facial hair.:D

irontiger1981
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM

whats are you training with the ng family???????????

rogerclf1
10-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Yeah I remember you and your wife. I don't think you were married at the time though. Not really sure what you asking but I train Choy lay fut kung fu in Chinatown.

irontiger1981
10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah I remember you and your wife. I don't think you were married at the time though. Not really sure what you asking but I train Choy lay fut kung fu in Chinatown.

i think the family of choy lay fut you study is ng (ing) family

mkriii
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
I have nothing but good to say about GM Tsai. My teacher John Dufresne and GM Tsai are good friends. They produced a self defense video together along with Sijo Rusty Gray back in the early 90's.

irontiger1981
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
I have nothing but good to say about GM Tsai. My teacher John Dufresne and GM Tsai are good friends. They produced a self defense video together along with Sijo Rusty Gray back in the early 90's.

cool thanks for that

mkriii
10-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Grandmaster Tsai is in China teaching is he not?

rogerclf1
10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Actually the style of Choy Lay Fut is Hung Sing. It is just called Ng Family because of the founders of the school and association Sam Ng and Phillip Ng.

mkriii
10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Actually the style of Choy Lay Fut is Hung Sing. It is just called Ng Family because of the founders of the school and association Sam Ng and Phillip Ng.

The head of our system is Grandmaster Dr. Johnson Wing Loc Ng of Ng Family Style Kung Fu. Ng must be a common Chinese name.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Reply]
He's in Shandong last I heard, running some sort of business.

mkriii
10-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Reply]
He's in Shandong last I heard, running some sort of business.

GM Tsai has come down to my teachers school and did a seminar. This was back in like 1992 or so.

irontiger1981
10-01-2008, 02:29 PM

yes but him and tat mau wong are gonna open some san shou schools on the west coast i believe. but as of now they just opened the school in china.

mkriii
10-02-2008, 06:32 AM
yes but him and tat mau wong are gonna open some san shou schools on the west coast i believe. but as of now they just opened the school in china.

Really? Thats cool. Wish they would open one near me (in Kentucky). Chicago is a little far to go (about 6 hours I believe).

John Dufresne
10-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Mark!

I spoke with GMT many times since I moved here to China-- We are getting together in Guang-Zhou in a couple weeks. He contacted me to have some good fighters brough here to China for MMA fights-- I called Michael and he is excied about bringing some of his fighters.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing him as I have not seen him since the last time I was in China in 2000

Hope all is well with you-- Stay in touch!

John Dufresne

SnakeEyes
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Mark!

I spoke with GMT many times since I moved here to China-- We are getting together in Guang-Zhou in a couple weeks. He contacted me to have some good fighters brough here to China for MMA fights-- I called Michael and he is excied about bringing some of his fighters.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing him as I have not seen him since the last time I was in China in 2000

Hope all is well with you-- Stay in touch!

John Dufresne

Hello Master Dufresne,

My Dad did say you were in China working and that you were to meet up. Hope all is well!

Waysun Johnny Tsai :D

SnakeEyes
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Really? Thats cool. Wish they would open one near me (in Kentucky). Chicago is a little far to go (about 6 hours I believe).

No Nothing in Kentucky, Just China so far and the Bay Area School has been put on hold for now.

All The Best-
:D
Waysun Johnny Tsai