One glass and spoon
Pour in milk
Stir in Chocolate mix

TaichiMantis
10-03-2008, 06:31 AM
One glass and spoon
Pour in milk
Stir in Chocolate mix

And what did you discern when you looked into the swirling dark liquid...?:rolleyes::p

MasterKiller
10-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Powdered chocolate doesn't dissolve as well as syrup in cold, whole milk, so it's best to put the powder in first, then add the milk. Otehrwise, you get that little island of grit floating on top of your milk.

Water Dragon
10-03-2008, 07:29 AM
powdered milk is just children's syrup. Remember, where powdered chocolate ends, Hershey's syrup begins.

Mas Judt
10-03-2008, 07:47 AM
The real man puts hot milk in the blender with Guittard chocolate, cardoman and fresh vanilla with just a touch of cinnamon, then blends on high.

Unfortunately, there are those that want to take your hard-earned Guittard chocolate and make everyone have sh!tty Swiss Miss as part of a chocolate redistribution scheme.

TenTigers
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
add a bit of ground chiles and you're really onto something

David Jamieson
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
yeah, the chilis in hot chocolate thing is surprisingly good.

I saw that in the movie "like water for chocolate" and tried it. It was awesome.

GLW
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Wait...is this about Chocolate milk or Hot Chocolate?

TenTigers
10-03-2008, 10:08 AM
yeah, the chilis in hot chocolate thing is surprisingly good.

I saw that in the movie "like water for chocolate" and tried it. It was awesome.

I didn't see "Like water for chocolate," but it was also in "Chocolat"

SO of course after seeing that,
I grabbed the Bosco,
and some Dave's Insanity Sauce...

TenTigers
10-03-2008, 10:13 AM
SO of course after seeing that,
I grabbed the Bosco,
and some Dave's Insanity Sauce...

(I have this image of Mas Judt smashing his head on the keyboard...)

kinda like mixing NyQuil and Vodka, and calling it Absinthe.

now, THAT would make a great youtube video.
Some lunatic mixing NyQuil and Everclear and lighting himself ablaze

...where's my camera?!

TenTigers
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Understanding Chocolate Milk
One glass and spoon
Pour in milk
Stir in Chocolate mix

Understanding Absinthe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40k7SkXi3Rc

uki
10-03-2008, 12:51 PM
One glass and spoon
Pour in milk
Stir in Chocolate mixi used to love chocolate milk... save i used twice as many of the recommended amount, but i gave up milk years ago as it attributed to producing more phlegm than i was comfortable hacking up, on top of the pot of course, but i'd rather give up the milk than smoking. and i've supplemented my calcium by drinking sparkling mineral water from two different sources... one has high magnesium and the other high calcium content... hence they form a symbiotic relationship with my intentions.:)

Toby
10-04-2008, 05:17 AM
You can buy it premixed here. Some brands are infinitely better than others. I buy this (http://www.harveyfresh.com.au/flavouredMilk.cfm?mode=view&productID=410) stuff by the bucketload it seems (currently got about 8L in the fridge).

cjurakpt
10-04-2008, 05:49 AM
this is a paraphrased excerpt from my teacher's book on Six healing Sounds; his point was to make an analogy of the function of the 5 organs according to TCM theory that would be easily understood by the average reader:

Alchemical Transformative Rite--Making a Cup of Hot Cocoa
In this Alchemical Rite of Cocoa, we create a visual representation of our organs. The different vessels are our internal organs and the fluid that is being circulated is our life force and essence, the Chinese call it Qi. This life force, Qi, is circulated between the different organs--pouring from one organ into another to achieve transformation and enrichment of the Qi, so the body can absorb it.
Water is poured from the wooden bowl, the Liver, to be heated by the Heart fire. This energized water then has the ability to dissolve the granular cocoa, so the Spleen can store the nutrients. Through the gentle swirling of the water, the cocoa powder is dissolved in the next container, the milky silver bowl of the Lungs.
The milk added to the cocoa gives it the rich flavor and the coolness. After that, it is poured in the black tea pot of the Kidney to be distributed into three little cups.
The three little cups represent the Triple Burner--upper, lower and middle.
In this Alchemical Ritual, if any part is missing, it will create a not so tasty Hot Cocoa. This is parallel to a state of mild disharmony; in Traditional Chinese Medicine disharmony is considered as being sick.
For example, if the heart’s fire is not strong enough to heat the water from the Liver, then the Cocoa won’t dissolve and you will get lumpy hot cocoa. This lumpiness will result in a general sense of being congested. In order to have a fluid and open energy, the heart’s fire needs to be free and burning bright. Then you get good hot and smooth cocoa, and a sense of joyousness that emanates outward.
How does the wooden bowl represent the Liver? The liver has the quality of growth and connectivity, like wood. The candle with the flame is the Heart, the Fire. The yellow bowl is the Spleen that stores the goodies that it likes to eat, the sweet cocoa powder. The silver bowl is the Lung. It stores a cool rich liquid of milk. Now some of us have too much of that and it’s coming up and you cough out the mucus, it’s white. And when it is fermented like yogurt, it gets yellow, bronchitis. The fifth vessel is the Kidney, represented by a black iron teapot. The teapot is totally enclosed, with only a spout going out, which enables the distribution of the fluid into the last vessel, the three cups which represent the Triple Heater, one for each part of the body (upper, middle & lower).

enjoy...

cjurakpt
10-04-2008, 05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY03ymgskNI&feature=related

rogue
10-04-2008, 07:22 AM
And what did you discern when you looked into the swirling dark liquid...?:rolleyes::p

... that is was looking back at me.

Mas Judt
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Chiles do go exceptionally well. This winter I plan to try: fresh made Chipotle, Scotch bonnet and habanero in the Chocolate drink.

Also tried (real) absinthe for the first time a few weeks ago. There seems to be almost a ritual behind drinking it. Not sure if I liked it, or it was going to make me vomit. It had both effects, at different times. A very complex concoction with very distinct flavors and effects at every stage of the drinking.

The fake sh!t seems to only get ONE note and lose the rest.

TT- Bosco?!?! Bosco?!?!?

If we could only get the corn syrup out of our food supply, I'd be happy...

TenTigers
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
asfar as quality absinthes go, check out
http://www.eabsinthe.com/Absinthe-Sets/c12/index.html
They will import to the states-very fast shipping , but you pay for it.
I liked Un Emil and Kubler for taste and thujone effect. stay away from Lucid, although right now, it is all the local stores are importing in the states (it tastes like plastic)
I found the Kubler in a local liquor store-what a discovery. Absente is not true absinthe as it uses petite wormwood rather than grande wormwood.
I am trying out the French Absinthes right now, and will work my way through the swiss. I have heard the czech is rotgut.
I would love to try Nouvelle Orleans, but right now, it is out of my price range.

冠木侍
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I'll take the Hershey's syrup over the powder.

There was something I heard when I was very young...something about chocolate milk having less calcium. I don't think I've ever gotten a straight answer about that.

But the extra sugar and calories is something I'm willing to live with. :D