PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No See

Lost_Disciple
11-09-2000, 08:24 AM
This is Lost_Disciple, aka Eric. I'm just writing to say "hi" to all my friends and apologize for not being around. I basically disappeared last summer.

Robinf- I'm sorry I didn't keep up with our 10 Tam Tui summer. I've had a lot of problems lately, with finances, and school. I'm right now in the process of trying to take control of my life, and this is one step. By the way, how did it go for you? Did you succeed?

LizMantis- Hey, how's it going? Are you still practising the 2-man chin-na form? I haven't been practising much lately. Like I stated above, I've been having a lot of problems. Right now, I just can't wait for school to be over, so I can go back to Austin, get a job, and get serious about my training.

SifuAlbright- Hi! I just sent you an e-mail. Curious as to how you're doing. I'm looking around my room at all these philosophy books, self-help books, yoga & various martial arts books. I know seriously practising any one of them could probably pull me out of the rut I'm in; if I actually had the motivation/discipline to do anything at all.

Sorry, I know I'm sounding really depressing. I know that I need to make it better.

To anybody else I may have missed- Sorry that I didn't get to you this time. I haven't forgotten about you guys: Tak lo, illusionfist, RFM, sifu Nathan, sifu Ortiz, loki, and the list goes on...
I've just been going through a hard time.

Sorry if anyone thinks I've been wasting precious board space. Thank yo

mantis108
11-12-2000, 12:16 AM
Hey Lost_Disciple,

How's hanging. Relax -

**** happens! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Forrest Gump)

Just saying hi.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

Lost_Disciple
11-12-2000, 06:49 AM
How's it going bro?
What you been up to lately?
Found out that Kicking Mantis was also a student of my old instructor. Small world, ain't it?

Just got my loan check in, so relaxation's a little easier. 2 thousand, 6 hundred, sixty-7 dollars and fifty cents of freedom. Trying not to stress out about school work and the fact that I'm way outa shape.

olkat314
11-12-2000, 01:29 PM
Eric:

Haven't talked to you for a long time man. How's it going? Still mantis-sing in Austin?

I hadn't told you this, but I'm doing a year abroad in London right now. Haven't found a mantis guy, but I have met a Yi Quan (Da Chen Quan) sifu, a couple of Yang sifus, and a Hsing Yi sifu. So I guess I'm slowly getting introduced to the internals aspects...

Give me an e-mail at olkat314@yahoo.com. Tell me how everything's going, any concerns, problems, joys, blah blah. Talk to you later.

Tak

Robinf
11-12-2000, 03:57 PM
Hey Lost D,

No sweat. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to do the full tam tui, but I'm **** close. I really wasn't able to practice that technique the entire summer as I got involved in a few other things going on at my school (special sport sparring classes). I will say that the work I have done with this has really helped improve my training over-all. My legs are much stronger, and one day, I hope soon, I will be able to do the full tam tui. Until then.........I'll just have to settle for another technique I'm working on, made possible by the tam tui work--multiple arial kicks.

Take care,
Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Hua Lin Laoshi
11-13-2000, 01:23 AM
Robin,
Try working the negative. Start standing with leg out and drop slowly, controlled. The will help build the strength in the range where you're weak.

Robinf
11-13-2000, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the advice. That part is the part I'm having the most difficulty with. I can start from the down position--barely holding it--and can come up, but getting down there I tend to just drop and hit the floor. I'll focus on the negative now. Thanks.

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

RFM
12-31-2000, 08:44 AM
What have I missed? I've been in the field so much that I haven't had a chance to check this site which keeps on changing.

Lost D, I'm glad I was able to find your post because you listed a lot of my old friends.

I'm going to keep this short. I'm still in Fort Riley Kansas and will start teaching Kung Fu again in the next few weeks.

Happy New Year!

Bob Melius

From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

LawClansman
12-31-2000, 08:03 PM
Hi Eric,

I got a tape from your Sifu (Jeff) and I think you are on it . Some demo at a school I think. Good to see that even though your time is limited, the Martial Arts are still prevalent in your thoughts.
Wishing you the best always,

Sifu Carl