PDA

View Full Version : School's in Manchester, England

carnival shoes
11-08-2000, 12:39 AM
Hi Does anyone know of any schools around the Manchester area. I hear that some of Michael Lee's (Huddersfield) students teach atround the North.

Anyone have any info???

gothmantis
11-08-2000, 12:46 PM
Hi carnival shoes.

I ought to read all the new subjects before I answer my own topics.

As far as I know students of Michael Lee only teach around the Huddersfield area (where I am from originally and trained). Unfortunately sifu Lee has a tendency to alienate his students and there are several instructors who trained with him but are no longer on speaking terms with him (my sifu included).
How far are you willing to travel? If you have transport I can give you the contact numbers for one or two clubs in Huddersfield, otherwise you could try contacting Huddersfield University Student Union to see if you can speak with sifu Lee himself.

Let me know how you get on.

mantisstyle
12-15-2000, 05:28 PM
I study 7*praying mantis at huddersfield with michael lee.I don't think he alienates his students at all.

gothmantis
12-17-2000, 02:54 PM
Of course you don't think he alienates his students. You never see the ones who leave in disgust and he certainly won't tell you about them. I don't want to get into any kind of animosity with you Eric, but I started learning 7*PM in Huddersfield 15 years ago. I know and have met ex students of sifu Lee's to coroborate what I said.

I'm not going to bring the tone of the forum down. If you enjoy your training under sifu Lee then keep at it. Defending your sifu is good, but make sure you've done your research first.

Regards.