PDA

View Full Version : Athletes Foot - Can it Spread?

monkeyfoot
10-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Alright

I think I have athletes foot, but im not sure. White flakey skin between the toes, but more recently, small red/white pimples in the middle of the soles of my feet. They don't itch prefusely, but do occasionally. Im not sure if this is athletes foot?

Anyway, before I realised I had a fungal infection, I wasn't too careful about washing my hands after touching my feet. It now is becoming apparent that I might have an infection in my eye.

I have (when touched) the most itchy eyes. Even the slightest touch will irritate them leaving them red and itchy. I do not get any discharge common to eye infections and light does not hurt them. However it does seem that I have a bit of a 'black eye' so I assume this is swelling?

So, I got some anti-fungal cream for my feet....what the hell do I do for my eyes. I am just worried because I dont know if it is okay to let it run its course...or do I need to take action?

Any advise/comments are much appreciated

thanks people

Craig

Mr Punch
10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Yes, any fungal infection can spread. It's a fungus. It's their job.

Anyway, before I realised I had a fungal infection, I wasn't too careful about washing my hands after touching my feet.Doh! You Western pigs have no hygiene!

So, I got some anti-fungal cream for my feet....what the hell do I do for my eyes. I am just worried because I dont know if it is okay to let it run its course...or do I need to take action?Is it impolite to say: go to a doctor pronto, ****wit...?

Oso
10-06-2008, 05:36 AM
fungi don't 'run courses'

go 2 dr.

or you'll look like this guy:

fun guy (http://media.canada.com/reuters/reutersusonlinereportlife_iptc/2007-11-22t070938z_01_nootr_rtridsp_2_life-indonesia-tree-man-dc.jpg)

monkeyfoot
10-06-2008, 05:44 AM
HaHa okay point taken...doctors it is.

I was kinda hoping against the docs. Ever tried booking an appointment in London...its no easy task

Oso
10-06-2008, 05:55 AM
HaHa okay point taken...doctors it is.

I was kinda hoping against the docs. Ever tried booking an appointment in London...its no easy task

no easy task here either...guess neither system of healthcare is worth a ****, eh? ;)

Raipizo
10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
hmm i dont believe it does better get TENACTIN or however it is spelt

DMK
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I would recommend that you visit your doctor. OTC (over the counter)medicines do work for minor infections . But you have spreaded your to the eyes area, which will become painful if left untreated. Antibiotics may be prescribed for the the eyes sorry no otc medicine for that.

GLW
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Athlete's foot is nasty...but the fungus that causes it is the same as the one for jock itch...

AND, if you have Athlete's Foot, you need to :
(1) see a doctor if possible for anti-fungal treatement.
(2) let your feet air out.
(3) Change your habits with how you shower at a gym - get some flip flops..and wear them when in the shower, then spray them down to kill any fungus when you are done.
(4) NEVER use the same towel on your jock area that you use on your feet...unless you WANT it to spread upward.
(5) Never stand on the gym floor barefoot - use the flip flops, the used towel, anything...
(6) Dry off completely...especially your feet. Then, put your socks on FIRST...BEFORE you put on any underwear. Pulling underwear on over infected feet can get the fungus on your underwear and let it travel that way to your crotch...

ISOLATE the infected area...a fungus among us...is NO fun at all.

cjurakpt
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
if it were just the feet, you could probably treat it on your own w/OTC stuff and more fastidious hygiene; the fact that it's possibly in your eyes is another matter entirely and you need to get that looked at ASAP, since the viable treatment options are likely to require prescription meds (e.g. - abx.) and can lead to serious visual issues if not treated appropriately

uki
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
from my personal experience... it is wise to spend some portion of time walking barefoot, wether around the house or on the grass... the feet need to breathe and be exposed to the air, feel the earth... we are creatures of nature, we are connected to it... the world teaches and programs us as a people to be disconnected from it, nature walks tend to be marketted as vacations. imagine if you took a plant and kept it in a dark closet all day and all night... it would eventually wilt away and die, the same happens to ones foot that is always encased in a sweaty sock and enclosed in a shoe... hopefully you can see far and wide the implications of this truth in ways other than fungus on a foot.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
stop playin with your p3cker so much.

you're givin yourself diseases.

uki
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
stop playin with your p3cker so much.

you're givin yourself diseases.hey come on i making cute kids in between.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
hey come on i making cute kids in between.

not you uki . . . im talkin to the kid with foot acne.

youre a grown man uki . . . you have earned the right to play crotch thumpin til your heart's desire.

uki
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
i must admit that it gets better as the years progress... mantak chia has an interesting little book.:D

mawali
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Of course, see the foot doctor!

As you realize, hand/foot hygiene is very important!
1. Change socks daily
2. Air feet. Perhaps leather shoes or similar that breathe
3. A cap of baking soda in water (cool as opposed to warm). Leave for about 10-15 minutes then wash with cold water. Go gently on drying feet Pat dry!