PDA

View Full Version : problems with dizziness?

rogerclf1
10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey, I have been having problems with my inner-middle ear now for about 8 years. Just started doing something about it due to the reason now it never really goes away. Not really vertigo,(which I have had before), more like a lightheadedness. Had an MRI done and they found fluid in my Mastoid Air Cells. 2 weeks ago I had tubes surgically put in my ears. I have felt a little bit better, but not a lot. I am starting to think I will have to live with this forever. I was just wondering if there was anyone else that has these kind of problems and if they used chinese medicine to treat it. Or western medicine? This is really having a big impact on training. Thanks in advance.

rogerclf1
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Just a quick background. I have had bloodtests and it showed regular blood cell counts, blood sugar is good, great blood pressure, heart is in good condition. I also went to an eye doctor and they ran a bunch of tests and my eyes are healthy. Frustrating....

uki
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
as the energy of the planet moves upwards, physical entities will experience a change or variation in ones physical body. is making the assumption that you hear periodic tones and pulses out of league?

couch
10-07-2008, 05:08 AM
Hey, I have been having problems with my inner-middle ear now for about 8 years. Just started doing something about it due to the reason now it never really goes away. Not really vertigo,(which I have had before), more like a lightheadedness. Had an MRI done and they found fluid in my Mastoid Air Cells. 2 weeks ago I had tubes surgically put in my ears. I have felt a little bit better, but not a lot. I am starting to think I will have to live with this forever. I was just wondering if there was anyone else that has these kind of problems and if they used chinese medicine to treat it. Or western medicine? This is really having a big impact on training. Thanks in advance.

I have successfully used acupuncture and Oriental medicine to treat dizziness of the ear kind and not. I have also worked successfully with the western side of things to get nerve damage somewhat responsive.

IMO, you don't have to live with anything forever. The body has its own innate checks and balances. When the body can't find the ability to heal itself, that's where I step in. Maybe surgical apparatuses will help in the long run, probably not. I highly recommend seeking out a Licensed Acupuncturist in your state and sticking with them for about 3-4 sessions to see if you respond. Please remember that if it doesn't work, it might not be acupuncture failing you but the practitioner. It's okay to seek out someone who has the same vibe as you.

May I ask where you are located? Maybe someone on the forum like myself will know a practitioner we trust close to your area.

Best,
Kenton

rogerclf1
10-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the quick replys. I live in the Chicagoland area. Where I train in chicago chinatown, there a few chinese medicine doctors, but I don't know how credible they are or how to know if they are credible.

couch
10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the quick replys. I live in the Chicagoland area. Where I train in chicago chinatown, there a few chinese medicine doctors, but I don't know how credible they are or how to know if they are credible.

Let this post sit for a little while. There are OM practitioners who frequent the forum and I'll do a little searching around for you as well.

I would just like to say this regarding the fact that you have a few Chinese medicine doctors around: make sure that you can communicate with the practitioner. In my opinion, this is THE most important. In the USA, you have to have a NCCAOM certificate on the wall to practice. This is the national standard, so ask for it. This doesn't necessarily mean that the practitioner is good, but it means that they at least have basic knowledge of practice and clean needle technique.

Two other things:
1. Make sure the practitioner is using single-use only needles. They come in individual packages and are sterile.
2. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. There may be a slight sensation of a ***** of the needle going on and a dull ache around the point is common - but pain is NOT. If it hurts, say so. If you don't feel comfortable during the treatment, say so and don't return.

Any questions, fire away.

rogerclf1
10-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I guess I just need to know if there are multiple things that can cause lightheadedness according to chinese medicine.

Xiao3 Meng4
10-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I guess I just need to know if there are multiple things that can cause lightheadedness according to chinese medicine.

Yes.

Seeing a qualified practitioner is the best course of action. As Couch said, look for the NCCAOM certificate and a compatible personality.

couch
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes.

Seeing a qualified practitioner is the best course of action. As Couch said, look for the NCCAOM certificate and a compatible personality.

The OM saying:

"Different disease, same treatment. Same disease, different treatment."

comes to mind! :)

herb ox
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
To address your question, lightheadedness has many etiologies in TCM. For example, if you have 'qi deficiency' or 'yang deficiency', you may experience vertigo, dizziness or lightheadedness. However, this can also be caused by excess yang (liver yang rising) or 'wind' or 'phlegm' caused by heat or severe stagnation. The lightheadedness is one symptom - the thoughtful TCM practitioner will view your chief complaint in light of other symptoms in your body - i.e. weak knees, tinnitus, headaches, low back pain, frequent urination, red face, loose stools, etc, etc, etc... This is why you normally will get vague replies to your symptoms on the forum. We simply can't say based upon a few symptoms and not being able to physically examine you. That's also why it's a good idea to find a local practitioner - I understand finding/choosing one is challenging, but follow your gut instinct when meeting them or speaking to them over the phone.

As an aside, a relatively new practitioner may produce equal or better results than some senior practitioners. Fact is, many older non-Asian acupuncturists had far less training back in the day. Now, most programs are 3-4 years long, and cover western medicine as well.

Good luck!

herb ox

rogerclf1
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah I understand that it could be many of things that is causing the lightheadedness. I will just have to find someone that I feel that is qualified or wait to see if someone on here can recommend me one. But I do thank you all for your help.

uki
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
i was worried once about getting lightheaded, so i asked my doctor and she said it was normal for people with low blood pressure... low indicating a strong heart which requires less expenditure of energy to circulate the blood.

uki
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
i was worried once about getting lightheaded, so i asked my doctor and she said it was normal for people with low blood pressure... low indicating a strong heart which requires less expenditure of energy to circulate the blood; especially when changing positions too quickly.

couch
10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
i was worried once about getting lightheaded, so i asked my doctor and she said it was normal for people with low blood pressure... low indicating a strong heart which requires less expenditure of energy to circulate the blood; especially when changing positions too quickly.

There's a difference between having a low resting heart rate (due to a good cardio regime) and low blood pressure. The former is good, the latter is not.

uki
10-08-2008, 02:51 AM
There's a difference between having a low resting heart rate (due to a good cardio regime) and low blood pressure. The former is good, the latter is not.unless my doctor is a lying blue-eyed devil, she say's my heart is strong and like a childs... i actually got nervous and went for a check up. between my, ironball juggling and my job she say's my heart is getting plenty of cardio. i'd like to trust my doctor... for once.:)