PDA

View Full Version : video: Sanjuro_Ronin's iron palm attempt to break the world coconut-splitting record

MasterKiller
10-07-2008, 06:16 AM
http://view.break.com/582554

sanjuro_ronin
10-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Dman it, they said they destroyed that video !!
*******s...

David Jamieson
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
hahaha. he tried cheating by breaking the cocnuts on the thing they were placed on, then he popped his hand from hitting not the coconuts but the I beam.

one word.

"goofy"

cjurakpt
10-07-2008, 06:30 PM
what a moron

uki
10-07-2008, 06:34 PM
i definitely don't feel like i am at the bottom of the ladder anymore.:D

Lama Pai Sifu
10-07-2008, 07:30 PM
That was great. But I did feel bad for the guy. That must have been very embarrassing.

David Jamieson
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
well, to his credit, he did get one of them in one shot, which is better than what santa claus' evil twin brother can do. :D

sanjuro_ronin
10-08-2008, 05:32 AM
This video inspired me to go out and get a coconut from the market.
Those suckers are hard.

Lama Pai Sifu
10-08-2008, 07:22 AM
I saw them the other day, I was tempted to buy some for a video...

I only tried to break one once, with David Ross in Miami about 20 years ago. We found one on the boardwalk by the beach. They are not too difficult.

If you have decent strength and some confidence (some hand conditioning wouldn't hurt) they are achievable. Albeit, not to easy for this guy in the video...

sanjuro_ronin
10-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I saw them the other day, I was tempted to buy some for a video...

I only tried to break one once, with David Ross in Miami about 20 years ago. We found one on the boardwalk by the beach. They are not too difficult.

If you have decent strength and some confidence (some hand conditioning wouldn't hurt) they are achievable. Albeit, not to easy for this guy in the video...

The one I got was small and heavy, full of water/milk, it was about the size of a cantelope, just more than a handful.
I held it in my left hand and tried to break it with my right.
Nothing.
:mad:

sanjuro_ronin
10-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Obviously, you haven't cultivated your chi or done enough forms....:p

Maybe I should just get a thin skinned coconut !
LOL !

Mas Judt
10-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Huh. Never had a problem breaking coconuts. My hammer always gets sticky, but they pop right open...

Lama Pai Sifu
10-08-2008, 08:11 AM
The one I got was small and heavy, full of water/milk, it was about the size of a cantelope, just more than a handful.
Nothing.

Try placing it against (on) a hard surface. This way the coconut has to absorb the full impact of your strike. If you hold it on your other hand, your hand will move, thereby taking away from your strike.

This is why it is better to punch someones face while they are on the ground (with their head touching the floor of course) than to let their had fly back after they are hit.

In MMA when a guy gets GNP'd and his head it bouncing off the floor, that is usually when the ref stops it because the guy will incur max damage.

Good luck and post a vid!

sanjuro_ronin
10-08-2008, 08:11 AM
They say the best way to defend against a grappler is to train with them. Taking that advice, i suggest you go train with the coconuts on the beach. I hear their anti-striking defense is magnificent, as witnessed by the above video.

Nah, that makes sense, I'll just do some forms.

GeneChing
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
...we figured that cutting coconuts was a lot like cutting skulls. It was a beer-inspired idea. It's easy to cut coconuts, but hard to cut them cleanly. Such is the nature of cutting practice. We aim for that clean cut.

cjurakpt
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Nothing.

still haven't accepted that you're just a Glorified Kickboxer, have you...

lkfmdc
10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
a certain person (who will remain nameless) said smashing a coconut was like smashing a skull. Interesting idea, but since there were no coconuts around I had to go out and get human skulls. Fortunately, CJurak's basement was empty and he wasn't around that weekend :eek:

sanjuro_ronin
10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
still haven't accepted that you're just a Glorified Kickboxer, have you...

Just for that, I canceled your order for those Russian Exotic "dancers".
Take that biotch.