PDA

View Full Version : Word is...

8stepsifu
10-14-2000, 04:25 AM
Rate our kind friend "Word" based on his knowlegible and expressive debates.

Word is...........?

NorthernMantis
10-15-2000, 02:12 AM
just one thing.What is a tomptin?I never heard that before.

8stepsifu
10-15-2000, 03:17 AM
only scandanavian. They protect your farm from foxes and other danger if you leave food out for them. Its a fairy tale now, but I think they have more ancient religious roots.

8Step Sifu

NorthernMantis
10-20-2000, 05:03 AM
really?cool.

Kagerou
10-20-2000, 09:04 PM
How can I get a Tomptin? Oh , I forgot we already have one , ( Ae!u$) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kagerou

8StepStudent
10-21-2000, 02:22 AM
Ha ha ha! That's very funny Kagerou!

8stepsifu
10-21-2000, 05:21 AM
That's horrible. BTW I started training like a Sifu Student again, so to the other Sifu Students...your less alone in your lifestyle. I got about half of 5th grade physical fitness, but I plan to be doing all of it in a few weeks. I wrestled a high school student today. He was strong as an ox. I saw multiple possiblities for joint locks and got a cross body arm lock (jiju Gatame for you BJJers) he was standing up and I was on my shoulders. I got "pinnned" and lost again. I also got an achiles lock and got his arm behind his back for a joint lock. Have way through these I had to reset my thingking and just wrestle. I went until we were both exhausted. **** he had a nice base. I have renewed respect for wrestlers, though I have to wonder what the outcome would have been if I could punch, kick, and joint lock??? Oh well it was nice to have a body. My Sifu Says to never play other people's games, but to make them play yours, but I'm without other bodies and I can't just rot. The last time I wrestled like that I pulled a ligament in my shoulder. Now I'm back in it. **** does it feel good to throw yourself hard back into training.

8Step Sifu

nhbfighter_57069
10-22-2000, 11:17 PM
I thought I gave you respect for wrestlers!!!
Just Kidding 8step sifu.
I KNOW who you are..lol

8stepsifu
10-23-2000, 01:03 AM
I just got allot more trying to wrestle according to the rules. I wish I had stayed for an extra day to jump in with you guys. Are you still fighting daily?

8Step Sifu

nhbfighter_57069
10-24-2000, 06:46 AM
As much as we can, we are taking this week off. we are taking first grade test Sat. It is going to be an azz kicker. I got A rematch with the guy that tried to poke my eyes out. Will be an Dec. 8th. I will still send to copy of the first when I get a hold of it.

8stepsifu
10-25-2000, 02:19 AM
Good luck with your first testing. Its the hardest, but only because its the first one. And good luck with your fight. Wear some goggles this time and kick his ass quickly. Remember the tiger balm /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Remember the mnemonic devices for testing.

8Step Sifu

nhbfighter_57069
10-29-2000, 01:13 AM
Well,
First grae testing is done and well all passed. The fitness stuff went pretty well and took about 2:15 mins. The other part went ok. Git my knee twisted and from then on I could only remember about half of the tech. themselves, but did something. Sifu I think was a tad disapointed that I didn't remember more but was happy I atleast out something together. The whole test took about 6 hours and was a real azz kicker. I am really sore today, but that is the way way it goes.

8stepsifu
10-29-2000, 02:34 AM
Is that the same knee that you had trouble with? I knew you guys were working out hard and for fear of being a worthless has been I took it upon myself to do 1,000 long forms today. I succeeded, then went on to do a set and hit the weight room for some strength training. ie. Shuai Chiao pulley training. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and still vibrating. I haven't worked out like that for months. Maybe a year. It feels good to kick your own a$$ now and then.

It might not have happened this testing, but did you feel a complete rush of endorphins so much so that you were drugged out of your mind. Durring 3rd grade testing I was doing the "stretching buddah" endurance. Then the sky seemed to open up and I nearly passed out. There is so much pain and so much pleasure all in one day. Testings are dreaded, but joyous at the same time. Now that you've started kicking grade, you'll notice that its very cardio. For 2nd grade testing we put on 5 pounds of fat to prepare for it and it was gone by the end of the day. I mean we all had a visible roll that we had put on for testing and by the days end our skin had severely trimmed up. Also kicking grade=six pack. good luck with training

[This message was edited by 8stepsifu on 10-29-00 at 06:43 PM.

[This message was edited by 8stepsifu on 10-29-00 at 06:45 PM.]