PDA

View Full Version : Has the recession affected your school?

MartialDev
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Where do you live, and how is the economic crisis affecting your ability to recruit and retain students? Have you changed your marketing tactics, or the content of your classes in response to the downturn?

Kevin Huang
10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
For me, I've experienced both upswing and downturn.

Some students indeed have not been coming due to economic uncertainty, but others take their place. Recently I closed one panel and opened up another.

Professional sifus (many of them far more economically successful than I, particularly some of those on this forum) will find a way to survive this downturn just as they've survived all the other hard times.

David Jamieson
10-08-2008, 03:13 AM
no.

xcakid
10-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Not so far.

We just signed up 5 new student in the span of 2wks.

As far as marketing, we just have the website. 80-90% of our students came in due to the website. The rest cause they passed by. We are also in a strip mall that has a large chain grocery store, 2 restaurants, pizza place, dry cleaner and bunch of other store. So foot traffic is quite good. The recent spike can be attributed to our recent demo at the Plano Balloon Festival.

But then again we are in an area of Dallas that is quite affluent and folks tend to have a tad bit more disposable income. ;)