PDA

View Full Version : World leader of 7-Star Mantis?

traitor
10-15-2000, 02:40 AM
Hi members!
Is Lee Kam Wing the world leader of 7-Star Mantis today??? Funny words!
We known somethings about Lee Kam Wing as well. But here in Hongkong we have a lot of 7-Star Mantis teachers.
Our teacher Lam Wing-Kit is more popularize as Lee Kam Wing in Hongkong today.
http://www.kungfumaster.com.hk

John L.

8stepsifu
10-15-2000, 03:24 AM
The world leader of Seven Star Praying Mantis is Sifu Jon "Bring in da noise, Bring in da " Funk

8Step Sifu

traitor
10-15-2000, 04:29 AM
How is Jon Funk? Can you tell me more, please?

John L.

cha kuen
10-15-2000, 05:18 AM
Come on! There are many underground sifus who stay away from the limelight. You can say that Lee Kam Wing is doing a lot for the art of mantis in the states but not the world. Traitor, you say your sifu is more popular. In my opinion that means nothing. This is not a flame against anyone. I am more afraid of the sifus that don't come out to speak. There is an old saying...

"The one that talks, you don't have to worry about. It's the one that doesn't talk that you worry about."

Stumblefist
10-27-2000, 02:13 PM
Hi Traitor,
I am in Hong Kong now (oct28/00). Can you (or anybody) tell me where is Lee Wing-kit? Lee Kam Wing is in ShamshuiPo if i am correct. how to get in contact with you also? you have no listed e-mail? Give me a buzz on my e-box please. I think seven star technique is in the family range of secret door.
Your www is interesting, kung-fu lessons by e-mail no less. Though i could find neither physical address nor e-mail there. It was probably behind some secret panel but i got tired of knocking.

Stumblefist
10-30-2000, 04:26 PM
Naughty, naughty, "traitor", it looks like your post is not a genuine discussion. It seems the only reason was to post a url that sells books and kung fu lessons by e-mail, (feedback by videotape?). Is there really a teacher Lee whatever-whatever? Your www does give a web e-mail but no teacher or even style identification, even your id has no e-mail, i guess a virtual dojo doesn't need a real teacher so long as the credit card numbers are real.

MantisBoxer
11-04-2000, 07:02 AM
Cha Kuen

I am a student of Lee Kam Wing and I must say that I have to disagree with your comment

[QUOTE]
You can say that Lee Kam Wing is doing a lot for the art of mantis in the states but not the world.]

First of all Lee Kam Wing Sifu has spread the art of 7* in the following countries.

a)United States
b)England
c)Germany
d)Ireland
e)Hong Kong
f)Italy
g)Hungry

Please research a little more before you make such a bold statement like that, it only makes you look ignorant, (no offense).

I have notice also that there is so much negativity on this forum from a lot of people. Who's better then who and that teacher is no good.
Honestly who gives rat ass, everyone on this forum should just train as best as you can and get as much information on your system as possible.

I'm sure if people dedicated themselves to training as much as they dedicate themselves to talking sh*t, they would be good at what they do.

Where choice is set between cowardice and violence, I would advice violence...I prefer to use arms in defense of honor rather than remain the vile witness of dishonor. Mohandas Gandhi

[This message was edited by MantisBoxer on 11-04-00 at 11:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by MantisBoxer on 11-04-00 at 11:09 PM.][B]null

[This message was edited by MantisBoxer on 11-04-00 at 11:10 PM.]

Stumblefist
11-04-2000, 02:48 PM
Mantisboxer, I think you got baited, i don't think "traitor" was so serious. Just advertising his teacher and his boooks.
7* has some closeness to secret gate so i'm interested. For a world leader lee sifu certainly has a small HQ more like an office, just a few square feet where he was teaching 2 students one at a time. but that's Hong Kong - no space! I got his book it's good. On one or two items i regognized the exercise and thought the idea about it had been lost in transmission. didn't know his influence was out in the world so strong. I only saw the pictures of the German Club. When did the clubs start? What part of the states are you in?How long has his influence been spreading out of HK. Are there any other contenders for world leader of 7*. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif What i mean is who's who and why? Can you refer me to any good posts or comprehensive urls?

cha kuen
11-21-2000, 03:08 PM
Mantis Boxer,

So are you saying that Lee Kam Wing is the best 7 star sifu in the world?

MantisBoxer
11-21-2000, 03:58 PM
Cha Kuen:

It's not that I'm saying he's the best in the world, but in the 7 Star family, Chiu Chi Man lineage, he is the most reknowned and most knowledgeable.

Lee Kam Wing Sifu had many classmates that are considered great in 7 Star, and there are others from Lo Kwang Yu's lineage.

But we are talking about the Chiu Chi Man lineage, Lee Kam Wing Sifu has been by his Sifu side for over 30 years, and still to this date, if Lee Kam Wing Sifu writes a book or article or for that matter anything on 7 Star, he will let Chiu Chi Man Sigung Si take a look at it first before any publication is made.

By him doing this he is not only giving respect to his Sifu, but also making sure that nothing is left out of the information that he wants to share with the world.

Lee Kam Wing Sifu teaches the 7 Star mantis style the same way that Lo Kwang Yu taught it to Chiu Chi Man, his goal is to make sure that anyone who is a Lo Kwang Yu lineage descendant learns and teaches the way Lo Kwang Yu taught.

There are lots of great Sifu's out there, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Lee Kam Wing Sifu is probably one of the most famous names in our time for 7 Star. All this is due to his constant travels around the world to spread the art of 7 Star.

I suggest that anyone here on this forum should just take some time and when Lee Kam Wing Sifu comes back to the US next year, come down and visit participate in his seminars. You will realize that here is a man who is willing to share everything he knows about 7 Star, without holding back. All he ask from students is to teach the same way he teaches you.

Cha Kuen, I suggest just keep training hard and stop the trivial questions. In reality it doesn't matter if this master is better then the other master, what matters is what knowledge can he share with you. What you do with it, it's up to you.

It makes me sad to see how many forums are posted with people just bashing other peoples Sifu's and Kwoon's and all this nonesense. And martial arts were supposed to make us better people "BOY WHAT A LAUGH".

Now Cha Kuen back to your question Do you think LKW is the best in the world? To me yes, he is the best! in the Chiu Chi Man lineage.

"Where choice is set between cowardice and violence, I would advice violence...I prefer to use arms in defense of honor rather than remain the vile witness of dishonor." Mohandas Gandhi

loki
11-22-2000, 07:12 AM
MB,

Please e-mail me. I would like to talk about this with you in private.

kuenpo@juno.com

Peace

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

cha kuen
11-23-2000, 03:01 AM
Mantis Boxer,

I agree that Lee Kam Wing is the best sifu in the CCM lineage. I did not attempt to bash anyone so don't accuse me of that. The topic posted by Traitor is " World Leader of 7-Star Mantis." If it was "World leader in 7 star mantis under CCM lineage" then that would be something different. I agree that Lee Kam Wing is the best sifu in the CCM lineage.

LawClansman
11-24-2000, 01:58 AM
Mantis Boxer,

While I agree with you that LKW is the most famous 7 Star teacher, I have to disagree with you as to the term "most knowledgable" and references to him being the best under CCM. Chiu Chi man had a lot of students that are at least equal to LKW in knowlege and ability. Chiu Leun Sifu (my teacher) had a 22 year start on Lee Kam Wing Si Sook. So Lee Kam Wing is a senior disciple under Chiu Chi Man would be more accurate. As to the "most knowledgeable", what does that actually mean? I have learned 7 star since 1957. I can assure you that there are very few "secrets" left (if any) in the Chinese Martial Arts. In 7 star we know about the forms, theory, principles, sticking hands, 8 hit / not hit, 8 hard, 12 flexible, 18 palms, etc,etc, so my question really is most knowedgeable in what way and relitve to what.

Please don't get me wrong I like LKW very much and am NOT saying he isn't extremely knowledgable and talented. But, it is what it is. He is a sifu with many years of mantis under CCM. Not some sort of mantis supreme being.

Sifu Carl

MantisBoxer
11-25-2000, 03:41 AM
LawClansman:

Knowledge comes in many forms. I don't mean to offend anyone here especially about who has more knowledge then who. To me that is rediculous to get offended or upset over. In my post I stated that there were other great Sifu's too.

But Lee Kam Wing Sifu, is not only a MASTER of 7 Star, but also a graduate Doctor of traditional Chinese medicine,a graduate of Buddhism school. He has taken time to broaden his mind with useful knowledge.

Also, please lets give credit where credit is due. Lee Kam Wing Sifu, has spent over 20 years promoting 7 Star Mantis all over the world. The only student under Chiu Chi Man Si Gung Si, that has done so. He has done this by writting articles for magazines, has published 3 books and tours the world spreading the art.

Listen, I don't want this to be a "my father is better than your father", because you know what? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif we all think our father is better than the other fathers. So let it be, don't take it personal. I have great respect for your Sifu and other 7 Star MASTERS.

Remember I'm on your side, we are from the same family /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

MB

LawClansman
11-25-2000, 06:05 AM
MB,

I simply was asking for qualification of the statements made previously. There was no intent to deny you your right to any opinions you have. I personally feel there is no "best" per se. Only what's best for the individual. I would never take the attitude that my teacher or style for that matter is better than any other. I feel the road must be traveled by each and each must choose their own path. What is good for one may not be good for another. Thus there are many roads to reach the same place. This is my attitude about the martial arts. Peace and good luck on your journey.

Sifu Carl

Stumblefist
12-07-2000, 05:58 PM
BTW, Lee Kam Wing and Traitor's Lum Wing-Kit both go to the Jing Wu Association to teach. Sifu Lee has tues and Thurs, Sifu Lum has Wed and Sunday and first specialty is Eagle claw as well as 7-star.
The conflict is not.