PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi/Similar in Sydney, Aus?

Hau Tien
10-08-2008, 06:43 AM
A relative of mine in Summer Hill (about 8km from Sydney CBD) is interested in checking out a tai chi or similar class. She's not too interested in the "martial" side of it, but obviously structure, etc, is important. Who would you recommend I send her to check out?

imperialtaichi
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello HT,

If your relo is not interested in anything too fancy there are groups doing Tai Chi on Sat/Sun mornings at Ashfield Park, which is very close to Summer Hill. Otherwise look up Master Juliana Zhu www.wushuoz.com who run kung fu classes in Burwood. She is a genuine nice honorable person so if she cannot teach her she can at least point her to the right direction.

I teach Tai Chi too, but more on the combative side so I don't think your relo would be interested. But since I live only 2km from Summer Hill, I'll be more than happy to talk to her. My email address is imperialtaichi@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,
John

Hau Tien
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks John! Much appreciated!

She's fairly scrappy, I've been told (sister in law I've not actually met in person), so she might be interested in the combat side of things.

I passed on your message to her directly.

Thanks again!

Scott Dellinger
Manager/Fighter, Emergent Fighting Arts
www.emergentfighting.com