View Full Version : Tim Cartmell November 8th & 9th, Boulder CO

Chris-H
10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
The Gao Style Bagua Training Center is Proud to Welcome
Tim Cartmell

*Boulder, CO. November 8th & 9th*

Saturday, November 8th, 2pm-7pm
Ground Fighting – Submission Wrestling Training

Even the most proficient stand up fighter can be thrown, tripped or dragged to the ground by a determined attacker. Since more than half of all street fights end up with both fighters on the ground, knowledge of basic ground survival skills is absolutely essential for anyone interested in realistic self defense.

Sunday, November 9th, 10am-3pm
Throwing and Takedowns – Theory & Practice

Tim will be covering basic practice methods and applications for developing good throwing and takedown technique. We will be holding this seminar at Boulder Judo. They have an excellent facility with tatami mats and larger 6 inch pull out mats for everyone’s throwing comfort!

*Seminars are open to the public*

Cost:
1. Both Days - Saturday and Sunday $125.00
2. One Day – Saturday OR Sunday $70 each
3. After Oct 25th - $150.00

Reservations by email and payment due no later than October 25th!
Space is limited, sign up soon! This will sell out.

Seminar held at: Boulder Judo Training Center, 3070 28th st. Boulder, CO.

For more information contact:

Boulder -
Bill Metzgar at Bill@gaostylebaguausa.com

Owen Schilling at Owen@gaostylebaguausa.com

Or Check www.gaostylebaguausa.com or call 1-303-516 9643

Chris-H
10-26-2008, 10:55 AM
TTT

Just a couple of weeks out.

Chris-H
11-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Spots are filling up pretty quick at this point.
We have about 5 spots remaining. Contact us at the information posted above, or shoot me a PM to reserve a spot.

BoulderDawg
11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Even the most proficient stand up fighter can be thrown, tripped or dragged to the ground by a determined attacker. Since more than half of all street fights end up with both fighters on the ground, knowledge of basic ground survival skills is absolutely essential for anyone interested in realistic self defense.

True. In fact I would probably 80-90% of them end up on the ground. However the reason for that is that probably 80-90% of the participates have had zero training in any fighting or self defense arts.

For fighting I think ground technique is essential. For self defense I would teach first to get away from your attacker but if you can't to try and stay on your feet at all cost. I trust my skills of not allowing an attacker to take me off my feet much more than I trust my ground fighting technique.

Three Harmonies
11-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Are you going to the seminar Dawg?
Jake

Chris-H
11-04-2008, 06:18 AM
True. In fact I would probably 80-90% of them end up on the ground. However the reason for that is that probably 80-90% of the participates have had zero training in any fighting or self defense arts.

For fighting I think ground technique is essential. For self defense I would teach first to get away from your attacker but if you can't to try and stay on your feet at all cost. I trust my skills of not allowing an attacker to take me off my feet much more than I trust my ground fighting technique.

All the more reason to work on some ground skill!
There are still a couple of spots open, and I can tell you that even a little can go a long way with Tim's stuff.
At least having a general knowledge of how to make base and escape can prove quite useful should you find yourself on the ground.

BoulderDawg
11-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck on the seminar...I'm a little surprised it's open to the public. Are videos being provided....That would be a lot of information to digest during one weekend.

Chris-H
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I think that a good deal of the material that Tim presents is easy retain so long as you plug into your training and work on it. Tim presents material in a clear and precise manner so retention of materials presented is generally not an issue.
I know Tim has some great material on video and has published quite a few books covering the material that is going to be covered at the seminars this weekend.

Three Harmonies
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Dawg are you just a troll or what? Why wouldn't it be open to the public? Tim is one of the best teachers available to people interested in actually improving their combative skills, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that students attending lessons with him will be able to retain a ton of information. You certainly get more than your moneys worth!
Jake

Chris-H
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM
We would like to thank Tim for a wonderful seminar and his top notch teaching ability.
I know that I absorbed more in the past two days than I have in a while. I know that it takes time to perfect technique and drive principle in so that it become second nature, but I feel that I have already gained better skill that I had prior to the seminar.
Thanks again to Tim and my teachers for bringing him out and to our students and all that participated. I eagerly look forward to the pleasure of training with Tim again.

Chris Haynes
Gao Style Bagua Training Center
Boulder, CO
www.gaostylebaguausa.com