PDA

View Full Version : Happy (Canadian) Turkey Day

SimonM
10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Works done and it's thanksgiving weekend so I'm not likely to be around much until Tuesday. Happy turkey day everyone.

uki
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
here in the states i wonder why we call it thanksgivin g, since afterall the only thing white man did was slaughter the indians... the holiday itself adds insult to injury to every native american on the continent.

David Jamieson
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM
really?

I'll be sure to let my friends know that their turkey dinner is a sign of oppression. lol. You are somehow misplacing your anger I think, but, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks to you I guess. Cest la vie.

Meanwhile...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Simon!

I hope to enjoy it this year with a group of friends and some robust conversation on many a topic whilst sipping a nice french red.

uki
10-10-2008, 05:48 PM
my great grandmother was full-blooded cherokee indian... call it genetic memories...

David Jamieson
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
a person you never knew makes you an authority on a social construct?

ok.

uki
10-10-2008, 06:50 PM
a person you never knew makes you an authority on a social construct?how about martial construct? do you know your styles creator? yet something tells me you claim to be an authority on someones style in which you practice that you have never met... please... tell me i am wrong, as if it makes a difference at this point.

ok.this is where a big thumbs up smiley comes into mind... and people pay you to teach them something?

David Jamieson
10-10-2008, 09:15 PM
how about martial construct? do you know your styles creator? yet something tells me you claim to be an authority on someones style in which you practice that you have never met... please... tell me i am wrong, as if it makes a difference at this point.
this is where a big thumbs up smiley comes into mind... and people pay you to teach them something?

are you high right now?

uki
10-11-2008, 03:38 AM
are you high right now?what a lame comeback... :p

but to answer your question, yes, i probably was... :)

David Jamieson
10-11-2008, 04:55 AM
what a lame comeback... :p

but to answer your question, yes, i probably was... :)

That's all I needed to know.

WinterPalm
10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
here in the states i wonder why we call it thanksgivin g, since afterall the only thing white man did was slaughter the indians... the holiday itself adds insult to injury to every native american on the continent.

Boo-hoo!:p

uki
10-11-2008, 09:54 AM
That's all I needed to know.of course because now your training is complete.:D

besides, potheads amount to nothing in life...

GreenCloudCLF
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
History is written by the winners. Thanksgiving is a celebration of survival and the end of oppression. And yummy yummy food. I thought a pothead would back any holiday when he can satisfy his case of the "munchies"

David Jamieson
10-12-2008, 05:44 AM
of course because now your training is complete.:D

besides, potheads amount to nothing in life...

Tell it to Bob Marley.

SimonM
10-14-2008, 06:03 AM
I have first nations friends who don't have a problem with Thanksgiving.

Being aware of what has been done to first nations people (and throwing some thanks their way for helping the idiot ancestors of some of our older family trees survive the winter) is not a negative thing.

And it is a tasty feast.