PDA

View Full Version : SanHeChuan gets Knocked the **** Out on Video!

SanHeChuan
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
It comes to mind that since I haven't actually practiced SanDa in the last six years I probably shouldn't be competing. Not to mention I decided to fight two days prior with no preparation. It's a good thing I don't care about winning I guess.

I was outstanding bye the way, no literally I was knocked out and still standing, then I got Knocked the **** out!

Round 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6TwbKSiqSw)

Round 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iYWAch6ms)

Now I must be psychic because out of 21 fighters, as soon as I walked in the door I knew I would have to fight him. He looked scary. :p

They other guy was from the Competitive Training center which does Muay Thai, wresting and BJJ. He was also one of thier very best fighters ;). This was his second fight of the night, my first and only.

I might do more detailed discription later, right now, I just got Knocked out. :eek:

GreenCloudCLF
10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow. I haven't watched round one yet. But OWEEEE!

Mad props for competing! Keep it up!

Hebrew Hammer
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
That was a painful lesson to learn...ouch....so whats the moral of the story?

SanHeChuan
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
uh...don't walk until you can swim? :confused:

naja
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks like the right hook got you in the temple. That's a bad place to take a hit.

naja
10-11-2008, 09:34 PM
uh...don't walk until your can swim? :confused:

I thought you held your own against him in round 1. It looks to me like he dazed you a little with a left cross, then tagged you with a right hook.

Hebrew Hammer
10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
SanheChuan,

Out of curiosity, do you normally keep your legs locked out like that in your fighting stance? I know its been a while for you...just didn't seem like you had some spring in your legs or that his low kicks were effecting your mobility? Please don't take this as a criticism...just more of an observation. I'm sure if it had been me in there, I would have had lots of opportunities for improvement.

naja
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm sure if it had been me in there, I would have had lots of opportunities for improvement.

If it had been me, I would have gotten knocked out in the first round. I think he did a great job for someone that's been out of the ring for six years.

lkfmdc
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
was the center referee having a hot dog and coffee when this happened? :rolleyes:

uki
10-11-2008, 10:57 PM
That was a painful lesson to learn...ouch....so whats the moral of the story?block and parry.

Looks like the right hook got you in the temple. That's a bad place to take a hit.i whacked myself in the temple with a 21 lb iron bar. i got knocked out once from a guy who gave me a sucker shot to the triple burner...

the guy in the red has one heck of a shin busting low kick.:)

htowndragon
10-12-2008, 01:21 AM
this was today? i had to work...i was actually thinking about showing up too

cjurakpt
10-12-2008, 02:14 AM
was the center referee having a hot dog and coffee when this happened? :rolleyes:

you noticed that, right? I think he got back just in time to watch them close up the venue for the evening...

masherdong
10-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Holy crap! Dude, I am just glad you are ok. Wished I could of stayed to support you but the little ones were getting restless so we had to leave. Man, kudos to you!

sha0lin1
10-12-2008, 06:18 AM
It comes to mind that since I haven't actually practiced SanDa in the last six years I probably shouldn't be competing. Not to mention I decided to fight two days prior with no preparation. It's a good thing I don't care about winning I guess.

I was outstanding bye the way, no literally I was knocked out and still standing, then I got Knocked the **** out!

Round 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6TwbKSiqSw)

Round 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iYWAch6ms)

Now I must be psychic because out of 21 fighters, as soon as I walked in the door I knew I would have to fight him. He looked scary. :p

They other guy was from the Competitive Training center which does Muay Thai, wresting and BJJ. He was also one of thier very best fighters ;). This was his second fight of the night, my first and only.

I might do more detailed discription later, right now, I just got Knocked out. :eek:

Well as your corner judge I felt your pain. I saw your eyes roll back when you were still standing but that fighter jumped in and bopped you again before the center judge could get there. The guy from the CTC was one of their better fighters considering that most of their guys lost their bouts. The South Austin Gym guys did pretty well. I have to give you credit though, it took a lot of balls to get up and do what you did without preparing. The competition definitely was stepped up a notch from what I remember last year... a lot more skilled competitors that had good clean techniques. Hope your not hurting too much today.

1bad65
10-12-2008, 06:54 AM

No sh!t. That guy was abysmal. He had no clue. There were several other fights that should have been stopped as well that he just stood there watching.

When San was out on his feet, I was like 'where the hell is the ref?'. I knew it was gonna end bad.

Props to you for getting in there though and getting back up. I was sitting about 10 feet away and I felt your head hit that mat.

Oso
10-12-2008, 07:18 AM
yea man, props.

David Jamieson
10-12-2008, 07:53 AM
these kinds of events aren't worth crap. Did you get paid? how much if anything?
I'm a little taken aback by the idea that it is ok to risk brain damage for nothing more than 'props' from people who don't give a sh!t about you.

was there any benefit at all to anyone from your being knocked out? You have sustained damage now. was it worth it? What was the profit?

If you fight pro, your reason to do so is bread and butter, otherwise, the only reasons to fight is to defend another from wrongdoing, or to defend yourself.

sorry if I don't "get it".

training is one thing, but competing for no profit is a waste of time.

uki
10-12-2008, 09:03 AM
these kinds of events aren't worth crap. Did you get paid? how much if anything?
I'm a little taken aback by the idea that it is ok to risk brain damage for nothing more than 'props' from people who don't give a sh!t about you.

was there any benefit at all to anyone from your being knocked out? You have sustained damage now. was it worth it? What was the profit?

If you fight pro, your reason to do so is bread and butter, otherwise, the only reasons to fight is to defend another from wrongdoing, or to defend yourself.

training is one thing, but competing for no profit is a waste of time.just an observation... he seems to be a marine, this would explain alot...

1bad65
10-12-2008, 09:26 AM

Some people actually test their skills. It's appently a novel concept.

Also, several of those guys are either active fighters or training to become fighters. This is called getting full-contact experience. It's what people do who are training to fight.

uki
10-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Also, several of those guys are either active fighters or training to become fighters. looks like it... just stand around, throw a kick, a punch, do a foot shuffle... repeat... looks like they all have superior fighting strategy.:rolleyes:

This is called getting full-contact experience.somehow wearing pads negates the term full contact, perhaps padded contact is more appropriate...

It's what people do who are training to fight.fight what and who? other padded jarheads? forgive me, i am doing my best to apply logical reasoning to what can be seen in the video clip.

GreenCloudCLF
10-12-2008, 10:22 AM
What I have learned from this thread:
1. David Jamieson says something strongly worded knowing that it will provoke a response (even though it may or may not be his opinion)
2. 1bad65 jumps on it quick
3. uki jumps on 1bad65's comment
4. I am willing to bet steps 1 - 3 repeat endlessly.

Wow. I am glad I get written up at work biweekly for accessing this website.

uki
10-12-2008, 10:36 AM
What I have learned from this thread:
1. David Jamieson says something strongly worded knowing that it will provoke a response (even though it may or may not be his opinion)
2. 1bad65 jumps on it quick
3. uki jumps on 1bad65's comment
4. I am willing to bet steps 1 - 3 repeat endlessly.it's also known as cause and effect... not everyone throws stones in the pond for the same reason, but the ripples remain the same...

Wow. I am glad I get written up at work biweekly for accessing this website.if my girlfriend could write me up, i'd be buried in the paper.:D

unkokusai
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM

...........................*****

uki
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
...........................*****i see you are a man of many words... small ones, but words...

unkokusai
10-12-2008, 11:56 AM
i see you are a man of many words... small ones, but words...

And I see that you are a man (?) with no clue.

Hebrew Hammer
10-12-2008, 12:02 PM

Take it ez Son, its not like he was fighting Chuck Liddel for the UFC championship...the risk of brain damage was minimal...head gear, mouth pieces, padded feet and hands...2-3 rounds...common. Its called competitive/warrior/fighting spirit...you only live once...might as well be dangerous. And to top that off he tought all of us arm chair commandos a powerful lesson...you might wanna train more than one day before a fight. I'm curious to see if he's gonna try to redeem himself....

WinterPalm
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM

My exact thoughts when the guy is clearly no longer fighting and just quitting on his feet. No need to take that kind of punishment.

That said, if you are going to fight don't make it spur of the moment unless you are actively training very hard. There's guys in my gym that do this (under a different coach definitely not me!) and one guy signed up for a kickboxing bout, then was told it would be mma against a guy with several fights or nothing. So he goes ahead having not trained ground for a few months and proceeds to eat elbows for most of the fight.

1bad65
10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
looks like it... just stand around, throw a kick, a punch, do a foot shuffle... repeat... looks like they all have superior fighting strategy.:rolleyes:
somehow wearing pads negates the term full contact, perhaps padded contact is more appropriate...
fight what and who? other padded jarheads? forgive me, i am doing my best to apply logical reasoning to what can be seen in the video clip.

Where's video of you at, tough guy?

uki
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Where's video of you at, tough guy?forgive me, i am not that technologically advanced yet... we don't even use cellphones... but i do post a variety of pictures of different practice i do and would love to see someone replicate it... for me... iron ball juggling and being a mason makes me a tough guy, so please go ahead and hit me with your best shot.:)

sha0lin1
10-13-2008, 06:58 AM
1bad,

Did you fight? If so which one were you?

1bad65
10-13-2008, 07:26 AM
1bad,

Did you fight? If so which one were you?

No, I didn't compete. I did train with the guys at South Austin Gym for this event.

I've trained in the past with two of the guys from CTC as well. The guy who landed that killer head kick was one of them. The other was the smaller wrestler from there.

I was the guy wearing the gray 66ers baseball shirt. I was with my wife.

SanHeChuan
10-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Out of curiosity, do you normally keep your legs locked out like that in your fighting stance?

Yeah you got a problem with that!:D They weren't locked out I was just standing. I don't train like that I just fight that way. :eek: It's comfortable and mobile, only week to some take downs. Frees up the front leg side kick.

the guy in the red has one heck of a shin busting low kick.

eh, since my leg wasn't planted and he hit most if not all with his foot they were just slaps. They didn't get that bone hurting penetration. He had good clean fast kicks in general but didn't land any with significance.

I think he did a great job for someone that's been out of the ring for six years.

Technically I fought one match per year for the last three years, I just haven't trained for any of them.

I saw your eyes roll back when you were still standing but that fighter jumped in and bopped you again before the center judge could get there.

Safety is every ones responsibility. :p

I'm curious to see if he's gonna try to redeem himself....

I don't have an ego that sees a need for redemption, but I will get in the ring again if that's what you mean.

just an observation... he seems to be a marine, this would explain alot...

I dislike you more every time you post.

My biggest problems is not the lack of preparation or the skills that I need to improve. It's my lack of aggression, my pathological need to play nice, and not hurt anyone. As much as I don't want to get hurt I equally don't want to hurt the other person. :rolleyes: I landed what felt like a solid jab at the beginning of the first round and felt bad about it. Throughout the whole fight I only threw jabs, no power punches, no combos. I didn't come mentally prepared. Hopefully seeing that getting knocked out wasn't so bad will help me to hurt others more. :D

Having no game plan and trying to work one out on the fly did work very well either. You get stuck in that loop I guess. During my break I was like why am I not doing one two low round house and combos like that? Things I already know how to do well. :o I think my biggest impediment on the whole was psychological.

I think when I move to San Antonio I'll take up Muay thai to get more opportunities to jump in the ring than sanda provides locally. And to hopefully train some aggression into me.

sanjuro_ronin
10-14-2008, 04:24 AM
How you felling San?
Good fight while you were still in it.
You were a tad outclassed, you can see it from the get go, how he moved and "danced".
Still, good for you for keeping in the game as long as you could.
Fighting better opponents hurts, but the experience is well worth it.
I am not sure why your response after you got dinged by his righ hand, was to stop and put your hand out, I assume lack of full contact in that environment perhaps?
Good job in step up VS a better fighter.
Props to you Bro.
Next time, be more relaxed, keep your hands up and when stunned, COVER.

sha0lin1
10-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Yeah, you may have been outclassed. Personally I did not know the guy you fought and had never heard of him. Yesterday I was talking with my Wushu instructor before class about your fight. He also trains at South Austin Gym and he told me that the guy you fought was a professional meaning that he has fought professionally. If that is the case I am not sure what or why he was at a definitely amateur event.

GreenCloudCLF
10-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Yeah, you may have been outclassed. Personally I did not know the guy you fought and had never heard of him. Yesterday I was talking with my Wushu instructor before class about your fight. He also trains at South Austin Gym and he told me that the guy you fought was a professional meaning that he has fought professionally. If that is the case I am not sure what or why he was at a definitely amateur event.

Ego boost. Or maybe he couldn't cut it as a pro.

SimonM
10-14-2008, 08:34 AM
somehow wearing pads negates the term full contact, perhaps padded contact is more appropriate...

You done any fighting lately uki?

If no than STFU.

Props San He Chuan; getting knocked out sucks. The trick is to just get back up again. That being said, I'd rather be tapped out than knocked out. ;)

Hebrew Hammer
10-14-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't have an ego that sees a need for redemption, but I will get in the ring again if that's what you mean.

But this man offended you, your family, and the Shaolin Temple!!! They must be avenged!!!! :D

Pork Chop
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I think when I move to San Antonio I'll take up Muay thai to get more opportunities to jump in the ring than sanda provides locally. And to hopefully train some aggression into me.

Hit me up when you get here.
I'll get back in the gym and work with you - just been swimming since July.
Come May of next year my free time's going to take a huge hit (as in I won't have any whatsoever), so I'll help you out while I can.

Yum Cha
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM

My thinking as well....