PDA

View Full Version : Money where your mouth is

couch
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Topic: Mouthguards
Question: Full or just Top Half

I personally use a full mouth guard. It took me a little bit to find one I like and I use the Everlast one with the huge breather hole. I had a few others, but the whole was too small to suck wind from when I was gassed.

Where is everyone on this one?

IronFist
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I hear full are much better and prevent knockouts and concussions better.

sanjuro_ronin
10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Dude, just remove your dentures.
:D

MightyB
10-17-2008, 05:06 AM
but in the US - a lot of people don't know that you can go to your dentist and get a custom mouthguard made for you that's a lot better than the off the shelf stuff from a sporting goods store. Some dentists offer these for free to high school athletes, but even the one's that charge only charge around $10 for a custom fit mouthguard. So call your dentist or any dentist and see if they offer a custom fit mouthguard for sports.

SimonM
10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
I lost an upper wisdom tooth using a top-only mouth guard. Sort of killed my faith in mouth guards... :s

GreenCloudCLF
10-17-2008, 05:47 AM
but in the US - a lot of people don't know that you can go to your dentist and get a custom mouthguard made for you that's a lot better than the off the shelf stuff from a sporting goods store. Some dentists offer these for free to high school athletes, but even the one's that charge only charge around $10 for a custom fit mouthguard. So call your dentist or any dentist and see if they offer a custom fit mouthguard for sports.

My wife is an office manager at a dental office. My double custom-fit (free for me $20 for you) was much better than the most expensive double's I had bought (WIPPS and Brain Pad 3.0)

couch
10-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Great responses everyone!

Thank you. :) :) :)