PDA

View Full Version : pro wrestling

golden arhat
10-18-2008, 07:26 AM
good? bad? entertaining?

discuss

David Jamieson
10-18-2008, 08:06 AM
people on roids dying for foolish entertainment.
check this out...

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

BoulderDawg
10-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I think it can be entertaining taken in context.

My main complaint against professional wrestling is the business itself. Nasty, nasty stuff....People are dying with the steroids and the constant pounding the body is taking night after night. Also only the A wrestlers like Hulk Hogan or the Rock really make any serious money. The others are paid well but it's really not worth it.

I kinda think wrestling has fallen a little on hard times lately...especially with the rise of MMA cage fighting and the Benoit thing.

However if MMA gets tarnished (Like it did with the Kimbo Slice fight) thing might change.

GreenCloudCLF
10-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro wrestling is to be watched until you are about 14, or your whole life if you are redneck. Other than that it should be mocked.

IronFist
10-19-2008, 12:14 PM
If you are talking about the original Nintendo game, Pro Wrestling, then it is very awesome and entertaining.

I used to play as Star Man or Amazon, or if I wanted to be cheap, King Slender.

Songshan
10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Bad.....period

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-20-2008, 12:44 AM
wwf has a lot of nostalgia for me, but thats about it.

pro wrestling for the nes on the other hand - i would play that **** right now. id munch your head with the green dude iron fist. wtf was his name?

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-20-2008, 12:49 AM
haha .... it was the amazon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJDkYmnPvo

you know i never saw the corolation between the amazon and blanka until just now.

golden arhat
10-20-2008, 06:03 AM
no one saw the fight between floyd mayweather and "the big show" ?

someitmes the lines between real and fake are blurred

but floyd broke the 7ft big shows nose and hit him with a knuckle duster

so hmm

weird

brothernumber9
10-20-2008, 06:55 AM
I remember when I was 12, my sister took me and a few of my brothers to go see WWF (or was it WWWF at the time?) wrastlin'. One match was between two somewhat older heads. It was Tony Garea vs. Gamma Singh. There were two hillbilly fat ladies who were sitting behind us and were like, "Whoooo wooo! Tony Garea! that's my Man!! I like me some Tony Garea!.....Who's he wraslin'? Gamma what? Gamma Feind? He sure look like a feind to me!!!"
I bawled out laughing. Later in the card there was a guy so drunk a few rows in front of us, he just walked around shouting really loud for 30 min straight, "Tonga Kid Numba ONE!!, Tonga Kid Numba ONE!! WOOMP Der it IS!!"
Half the entertainment of going to see wrastlin is the people in the stands.
I've gone to a few, and never once was there NOT a fight in the stands. Some fun memories of going to see wrastlin'.