PDA

View Full Version : who said nut shots don't work?

hskwarrior
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll have the scrambled eggs please! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmYzOi1BUE)

naja
10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!

cjurakpt
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
if the guy who had gotten kicked in the 'nads had just started repeating, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.", I think that he would have been just fine...

Yum Cha
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Now I understand why Gene is into the Iron Crotch.

That looked like a properly executed nutter to me, with medium intent.

David Jamieson
10-21-2008, 03:40 AM
while funny, it's worthy of note that nut-shots can be ineffective in high adrenaline situations.

AJM
10-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Now I understand why Gene is into the Iron Crotch.

That looked like a properly executed nutter to me, with medium intent.
That's the key. Medium intent. I've kicked someone hard enough to send them into immediate shock so it was like they didn't get hit at all. I've also dropped someone like a ragdoll with a firm knee to the groin.

SimonM
10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I think what most people try to say about nut-shots is threefold:

1) They are uncool.
2) They are not ALWAYS effective.
Thus 3) Anyone who bases his combat effectiveness on his ability to kick balls is a tool.

Yum Cha
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
while funny, it's worthy of note that [nut-shots] (insert variable) can be ineffective in high adrenaline situations.

Gunshots
Knife wounds
Eye Gouges
Broken Bones
Pain Compliance
Traffic Regulations
Sex skillz
Spelling Tests
Ikea Instructions
Chopsticks

Point taken?

Yum Cha
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
I think what most people try to say about nut-shots is threefold:

1) They are uncool.
2) They are not ALWAYS effective.
Thus 3) Anyone who bases his combat effectiveness on his ability to kick balls is a tool.

1. Uncool? <shakes head>

2. What is ALWAYS effective? Thermonuclear weapons? Dave Ross's biting wit?

3. And if they base their combat effectiveness on any other single move, are they less of a tool? Got a signature move?

I suppose I'm trying to say, nothing in hand to hand combat is absolute.

SimonM
10-22-2008, 01:19 PM
1) Yes, Uncool. I'm sorry but, effective or not, kicking somebody in the balls crys "I'm a wimp".

2) ROTFLMFAO, well played.

3) Yes, anyone who relies on one single technique and thinks that makes them deadly is a tool. That goes for eye-pokers, ball kickers and pressure pointers...

(I won't get into the fact that the last time a pressure pointer tried to show me their deadly pressure pokes my response was "I guess that's mildly annoying"... whoops I just did.) :p

As for whether I have a signature technique, not really... there are about 5 different throws I use regularly, four punches, two different elbows, three kicks and I've been adding to my repitoire of locks and chokes.

Yum Cha
10-22-2008, 03:58 PM
1) Yes, Uncool. I'm sorry but, effective or not, kicking somebody in the balls crys "I'm a wimp".

2) ROTFLMFAO, well played.

3) Yes, anyone who relies on one single technique and thinks that makes them deadly is a tool. That goes for eye-pokers, ball kickers and pressure pointers...

(I won't get into the fact that the last time a pressure pointer tried to show me their deadly pressure pokes my response was "I guess that's mildly annoying"... whoops I just did.) :p

As for whether I have a signature technique, not really... there are about 5 different throws I use regularly, four punches, two different elbows, three kicks and I've been adding to my repitoire of locks and chokes.

14 good moves (more or less?) - well done mate. Enough to keep them guessing, but not too many to keep you guessing....

Don't know that I agree with you totally about the 'whimp" bit, but of course it all comes down to the circumstances....i.e., better a live whimp than a dead gentleman....if you can understand my perspective...

SimonM
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
LOL

I am not saying that kicking somebody in the crotch automatically makes one a wimp. I'm saying that advocating kicking in the crotch as a tactical doctrine makes one appear to be a wimp. :D

Ok... so I kind of did say that kicking somebody in the crotch makes them a wimp...

Please allow me to ammend my previous statement as I may have been slightly carried away by the moment.

Steeeve
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
kick the Men Brain....:D

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bV_v9b8go

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=erqdhpQRCF8

Steeeve