PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

Lucas
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Anyone here play Airsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft) ?

I currently roll with, A MC-51 (http://www.grishenko.com/common/images/hk51mc51.jpg)

Looking to probably get a Gas powered Magnum Revolver (http://images.hobbytron.com/WA-GNB132S-lg.jpg)next.

Super fun hobby. way better than paintball :p

sanjuro_ronin
10-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Anyone here play Airsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft) ?

I currently roll with, A MC-51 (http://www.grishenko.com/common/images/hk51mc51.jpg)

Looking to probably get a Gas powered Magnum Revolver (http://images.hobbytron.com/WA-GNB132S-lg.jpg)next.

Super fun hobby. way better than paintball :p

Some of us actually served.
:p

Lucas
10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
ya, and a lot of the guys that play have and do.

actually the guy that got me into it served and his dad is retired military....its really fun playing with his dad, since he climbed rank pretty well, and spent a lot of hours training tactics and such.

Lucas
10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
quite a few police dept. use airsoft for training.

sanjuro_ronin
10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
quite a few police dept. use airsoft for training.

Pansies...
;)

Lucas
10-20-2008, 02:06 PM
lol what do you want them to actually shoot each other?

im tellin ya, its hella fun. especially if you pay up and get full steel guns.

only thing is its an honor system. gotta have honest adults to have good game sessions.

i mean, you can tell when you shoot someone usually, but if they dont 'own up' ur left being mad.:mad:

Hebrew Hammer
10-20-2008, 09:14 PM

It would actually help to toughen them up...street cops have horrible tactical awareness....

sanjuro_ronin
10-21-2008, 04:11 AM
On a serious note, I have trained a bit with some airsoft handguns as part of weapons retention and disarming and some gun VS knife work.
It is a safe way to see how the gun isn't the answer to all of life's curveballs.

GreenCloudCLF
10-21-2008, 04:56 AM

We used simunitions. Actual 9mm's with 9mm paint loaded instead of live rounds. Hurt 10000 times more than paintball (which is superior to airsoft)

sanjuro_ronin
10-21-2008, 05:09 AM
We used simunitions. Actual 9mm's with 9mm paint loaded instead of live rounds. Hurt 10000 times more than paintball (which is superior to airsoft)

Yes, we used that in the military, hurts like hell that;s for sure, but I don't think the majority of people outside LEO and military would be ok with getting hit by them.

GreenCloudCLF
10-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Yes, we used that in the military, hurts like hell that;s for sure, but I don't think the majority of people outside LEO and military would be ok with getting hit by them.

I tagged one of my DT instructors in the head with it...man did we get run through a killer workout the following day...I had to shoot over a car and only his head was exposed.

sanjuro_ronin
10-21-2008, 05:25 AM
I tagged one of my DT instructors in the head with it...man did we get run through a killer workout the following day...I had to shoot over a car and only his head was exposed.

LOL, I bet !
Even the Airsoft ones can leave a nice mark though.

Lucas
10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
some airsoft use 8mm, such as many of the revolvers. you get the highest pressurized gas and reach some crazy fps, you can easily break skin with a set up like that. you can also buy metal bb's for them.

remember airsoft guns were developed by the japanese when they were outlawed gun owning. there is this video on the net of this guy unloading on a T.V. and it explodes 2 times.

oh you can buy paint balls for them too.

the claymores and grenades are rad.

TenTigers
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
f'kin LARPers. No wonder you're all on this site...

Lucas
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
so paint ball and airsoft are what ever that word is you just said?

no one here has ever had fun playing paintball before?

im not sure what that word is you said LARP or what ever....

IMO you guys are missing out, i used to play paintball more frequently, but since I started airsoft, its way more fun.

ten tiger, you are a pretty immature guy from all the posts ive seen of yours.

Lucas
10-23-2008, 11:24 AM
the more i play the more ex and current military guys i meet having just as much fun.

there are some pretty serious international tournaments for this stuff too.

its cool to be able to gain some insight from a lot of these guys and mix in and have a good time with tactics.

cqb is the funnest by far, but you just have to be careful not to fire too close. a close runner up for me is sniping.

actually I think the funnest i had was at an outdoor location out in the woods. we had a large ridge to work with. set up our scenario. sniper and 1 scout (i chose the def guy for my scout, hehe) gets 10 minutes to gain position, then the other 6 men come hunting. the scout is unarmed, (due to lacking 1 gun) but has a rubber knife. the hill was pretty steep, but i found a spot that had 2 trees groing forked out from each other, with a nice level pad in between. I had good cover and concealment. I set up a grapple hook to the trees and trailed the rope down the ridge, 30ft. i was able to pick off 2 guys before they even really started their accent up the ridge towards us. a third guy i got a headshot on (right on his crown too, he had such a welt, and we even had on (we even had on thick hoods under our masks). the other two guys, one of which I knew was going to be a problem, got past me. one ended up circling around behind me. before i knew it I heard him about 20 or 25 feet up behind me, his gun jammed LOL (lucky for me he had an aug with a scope, I woulda been out for sure). before I knew what i was doing I was flying down the ridge by the grapple hooks rope faster than i thought I could. my scout was able to stealth up on a guy and get him with his knife, thus getting his gun. i was able to make it to the vehicles without getting taken out, ending the scenario. basically it was the scout and sniper trying to get past a team of people. lol the scout didnt show up till 30 minutes after our scenario was done. but no one ever saw him except he guy he 'shanked' and hes DEF!

you guys may think this stuff is lame, but IMO its a fun hobby and way better than sitting in front of the TV like most people do. also as civilians, being able to able to mix it up with people who have had years of experience in training/teaching/field duty, its a great way to learn tactics and practice these things. everyong goes through differnt stations in life.

playing airsoft is akin to doing FORMS in kungfu. pretty much the same type of practice, just applied to firearm and team tactics. hell war games are fun.

lol my buddy unloaded on me from like 10 feet away the other day with his m4, that **** hurt so bad, and i was wearing a leather jacket getting shot on my back. still hurts.

Lucas
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
a friend of mine just let me know that the company she is working for will be dividing out a warehouse for airsoft.

the local police became interested and now they are going to be doing training here.

they will have a courtroom, living room, as well as other structures to do training for officers.

They will be using local guys to be the 'badguys'

i hope i can get into this.

not only would it be fun, but it would be great personal training to go up against trained officers. especially when you get kill shots on em.

:D