PDA

View Full Version : Very Interesting CLF

hskwarrior
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Yi Jin Jing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGcu3HHJik)

This is sifu Chia Yan Soon, current Jeung Mun Yan of the Singapore Hung Sing Kwoon. Their lineage is the Lei Yan lineage, one of the older ones like Yuen Hai's and Lui Chun's.

Their hoi Jong is different than the typical Hung Sing hoi jong, either way, this set is very interesting.

Satori Science
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
very unique, thanks for post the link man

Infrazael
10-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Is this supposed to be an internal set?

Interesting indeed.

chasincharpchui
10-24-2008, 01:15 AM
its an internal set.
tendon strengthen/exercise(?) set, never really asked him what it was for.

he is a legend and very knowledgeable

extrajoseph
10-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Hi Frank,

You referred to Howard Choy before, here is a video of him doing an internal CLF set as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za_gIUtX9xc

If you still want to contact him direct, you can always look him up in his blog:

www.howardchoy.wordpress.com

With the internet, the world is a big village now. So before you finish your history book, check all sources. What we say here can just disappear like a breath of hot air, but when you publish a book, it will stay forever in some libraries somewhere. We set our reputation by what we do and a book is forever your reference.

XJ

hskwarrior
10-24-2008, 07:07 AM
of course it is joseph.

and I am not flinching ONE bit when it comes to the publishing of my book. In regards to the history of Jeung Hung Sing and his hung sing kwoon, the answer DID NOT lay with the Chan Family joseph. so YOUR history has nothing to do with mine.

Don't worry, there's far more than enough information on the green grass monk provided by NON CLF sources that i can't wait for this to be printed.

hskwarrior
10-24-2008, 07:09 AM
and thanks joseph, for always trying to steal the attention away from the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon and infesting it with your chan family stuff. we just can't have the spotlight with you around huh bro joe?

extrajoseph
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Frank,

You are the one who mentioned Howard Choy's name, I merely typed him in the search engine and all this stuff came out.

By constantly attacking the Chen family, you are the one who draw the most attention to them.

The one who always trying to steal the attention away from the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon is you, not me.

The more you keep this up, the more people will know about the Chen family. They draw the most of the attention by being silent while you do all the shouting.

XJ

Eddie
10-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Howard Choy used to be a member of this forum. I used to love reading his stuff. I think he would be such a cool person to meet in real life.

extrajoseph
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Eddie,

Don't say things like this, you are drawing our attention away from the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon!

:D

hskwarrior
10-24-2008, 10:53 PM
:rolleyes:

hskwarrior
10-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Joseph. are you allan Lee? :D

We were talking about the Singapore Hung Sing set i posted joseph. No one even mentioned the Chan Family nor Howard Choy in this thread.

are you losing your marbles?:p

hskwarrior
10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
you sound just like allan lee. Or is it allan Li?

you write like him too.

I got this funny feeling joseph old boy.

Eddie
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Don’t think Li, but he did once acknowledge to be a fish ;)
keep up with the posts HSKWarrior ;)

David Jamieson
10-25-2008, 06:04 AM
why is it named after the old classic?

is it because it aims to do the same thing?

taai gihk yahn
10-25-2008, 06:16 AM
Yi Jin Jing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGcu3HHJik)

This is sifu Chia Yan Soon, current Jeung Mun Yan of the Singapore Hung Sing Kwoon. Their lineage is the Lei Yan lineage, one of the older ones like Yuen Hai's and Lui Chun's.

Their hoi Jong is different than the typical Hung Sing hoi jong, either way, this set is very interesting.

well, the first 1/2 is not yi jin jing, it's a CLF opening (atypical as it may be, it's clearly CLF); although at :35 he starts to do something that looks like a typical "internal" move, but then it cuts away before he can finish it;

the second 1/2 does contain some interesting moves: the sequence from ~:38 to :45 actually resembles very closely a movement Chan Tai San taught in an internal sets he showed us once (there was some confusion as to whether that set was NIC, evidently it was not, whatever...), but I don't know the name for it, and I've never seen it anywhere else until here;
the next movement (through :50) where he shakes his hands is similar to a movement in the version of yi jin jing I learned called "gau dahp seuih" - "Dog Shakes Water" (yes, it's supposed to be like a dog drying itself) - it's designed to "shake out" so-called potentially "stagnant qi" after you have done something like 500 grabs in various arm positions;
then through :58 he does something that looks sort of like a truncated version of a move called "seung fai kei" - "Waving a Pair of Flags", although it more closely resembles the move in BP Chan's "Ten Taoist" routine called "Pulling Ox's Tail in Reverse" (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIctgNeUn4), around 1:55); this move is part of YJJ, although it looks very different from the way it's done in the version I do;
then to 1:04 it look more CLF-ish again, until at 1:06 where he goes into one of several versions of "Tong Jih Bai Guan Yin" or "Virgin Child Prays to (or Worships / Adores / Contemplates - who knows...) Avalokitehsvara Bodhisatva / Kuan Yin", which you see in lots of different sets, YJJ included

overall, it certainly contains classical elements, too bad he didn't show the whole set in order to be able to assess the macro-structure