PDA

View Full Version : ne1 ever picked up techniques from their pets.

irontiger1981
10-26-2008, 07:43 AM
we now have 3 dogs and a cat but we also used to have ferrets. ironically we study chinese dog boxing as a grappling system at our school. but ferrets are some warriors of the animal kingdom they are related to the badger,wolverine, skunk,mongoose, family called mustelids, after watching these guys for a few years you can be inspired its like they know kung fu already. they are very playful but they play rough i have a 40 lb dog that was afraid to play with them, their speed , agility ,and cunning make them perfect to study. has ne1 else been inspired by the animal kingdom in their own home with pets?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?:D

golden arhat
10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
i've never lost to my dog

Akronviper
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I have not been able to master licking my balls but I'm pretty good at rubbing my butt on the carpet

irontiger1981
10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I have not been able to master licking my balls but I'm pretty good at rubbing my butt on the carpet

hey i understand that takes great flexibility unless your hung like a missouri mule which i am thats me on the cover of tool album aenema:D

TenTigers
10-26-2008, 12:19 PM
my dog taught me Cup-Choy;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jWRnQXs-Q

irontiger1981
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
cmon, anybody on this one??????

irontiger1981
10-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I kept pet mantises for 5 years. Some of my observations were recently published in "Getting ahead in Mantis" found in this months issue of Kungfumagazine.

cool thanx!! ill be awaiting its appearence

uki
10-27-2008, 03:01 AM
i used to have two goats, i used to watch them run up and down my flight of deck stairs like frigg'in cats playing tag, their agility is absolutely amazing. i also paid attention to how they sink the head into their shoulders for stability right before they crack you with their headbutts. i used to play push with the male goat... it was pretty fun, you can even punch them in the forehead and it doesn't fazed them. their horns are dangerous, especcially to small children... a goats method of playing and attention seeking can get you impaled or worse... personally though, i like to imitate the celestial heavens and all the wonders of the cosmos, comets, asteroids, solar winds, solarflares, planetary orbit trajectories, colliding planets, blackholes... transcends the whole animal style thingy...:cool:

SimonM
10-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Yellow labs aren't known for their human-mapping combat techniques. Nor are turtles... though turtles do look neat when they scrap.

TaichiMantis
10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Well...my havanese is pretty good at the "death by licking" techniques. And although I've personally witnessed this type of attack on my "allergic-to-dog-saliva" husband... hives, not death, was the result. :D

SimonM
10-27-2008, 09:01 AM
If I had neutral buoyancy, claws roughly as long as my head, no opposable thumbs, webbed feet and a shell to retract into I could get some awesome techniques from my brother's turtles...

uki
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Yellow Nor are turtles... though turtles do look neat when they scrap.i have heard of giant alligator snappers in the deep south that can take an average hand off at the wrist... nice gripping techniques to mimic. patience, endurance, stamina... my brother is a certified scuba diver in maui where a common thrill practice is to grab the back of a 7 foot sea turtle and hitch a ride... don't mess with the turtles, they'll out live most species... i have also heard of turtle breathing techniques... seems like your understanding of the lessons to be learned from the turtle is rather limited.:p

SimonM
10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
No, I just tend to look at a cigar and see... a cigar and not some magical hippy spiritual cigar entity.

Likewise a turtle's bite, ability to hold it's breath and longevity are a result of it's genetics.

Genetics is not a learnable trait.

Thus my previous comments vis a vis the physical characteristics of a turtle.

uki
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Genetics is not a learnable trait.
but reactivating them is. :)

SimonM
10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes:

Did you, you know, go to school... at all...

I mean, you ARE functionally literate but still...

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
i have heard of giant alligator snappers in the deep south that can take an average hand off at the wrist... nice gripping techniques to mimic. patience, endurance, stamina... my brother is a certified scuba diver in maui where a common thrill practice is to grab the back of a 7 foot sea turtle and hitch a ride... don't mess with the turtles, they'll out live most species... i have also heard of turtle breathing techniques... seems like your understanding of the lessons to be learned from the turtle is rather limited.:p

There is also a shrimp that has the most powerful punching action in the world.
Neither the turtle nor the shrimp are human.

TenTigers
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
There is also a shrimp that has the most powerful punching action in the world.
Neither the turtle nor the shrimp are human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwoHVYS12oQ

SimonM
10-27-2008, 12:33 PM
See SR our mistake is we just haven't re-activated our Shrimp genetics.

uki
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I mean, you ARE functionally literate but still...it's mind boggling i know...

There is also a shrimp that has the most powerful punching action in the world.coprinus are a family of fragile mushrooms that can push up thru concrete and asphalt.

Neither the turtle nor the shrimp are human.true, but energy manifests itself the same way...

See SR our mistake is we just haven't re-activated our Shrimp genetics.do some research into the comparisons of human genetics with other lifeforms... you'll be amazed. :D

SimonM
10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
The extent to which we are genetically simmilar to cows, turtles, shrimp or pigs is entirely unimportant if the portion of their genetic material that gave them horns, claws, a chitinous exo-skeliton or tusks was not mapped into the human genome. You can meditate on the turtle for a thousand years and you still won't grow a shell.

And I wouldn't be amazed. Because I'm aware of a lot of the research and understand a bit more than you about where the relevance of the data lies.

So, returning to the original question, did you drop out of kindergarten? Were you homeschooled?

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM

Yep, that's the baby, interesting eh?

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2008, 01:13 PM
it's mind boggling i know...
coprinus are a family of fragile mushrooms that can push up thru concrete and asphalt.
true, but energy manifests itself the same way...
do some research into the comparisons of human genetics with other lifeforms... you'll be amazed. :D

Dude...No.
Even Chimps that are our closest relatives are NOT humans and we only wish we could hit as hard as a chimp !
:D

SimonM
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Dude...No.
Even Chimps that are our closest relatives are NOT humans and we only wish we could hit as hard as a chimp !
:D

Now, mind, considering the difference between chimpanzees and humans the strength difference there MIGHT be based on environmental factors. But the pronounced canine teeth that chimps who haven't had them kicked out by hollywood thugs (trainers) or biomedical researchers are not based on environmental factors... another example of an adaptive advantage based on the 1.2% of genetic material we don't share.

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Now, mind, considering the difference between chimpanzees and humans the strength difference there MIGHT be based on environmental factors. But the pronounced canine teeth that chimps who haven't had them kicked out by hollywood thugs (trainers) or biomedical researchers are not based on environmental factors... another example of an adaptive advantage based on the 1.2% of genetic material we don't share.

Granted.
:p

TenTigers
10-27-2008, 02:58 PM
why am I not surprised that Uki knows so much about,
shrooms? :p

SimonM
10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Uki reminds me of the guy from the talk radio show on GTA 4 dedicated to modern medicine. The "hole-istics" guy.

uki
10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
why am I not surprised that Uki knows so much about,
shrooms?in laymans terms, mycology is the study of symbiotic relationships between physical manifestations of energies... we just practice the fine art of discernment by identifying mushrooms. :D

David Jamieson
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
wow.

no one says "doggy style"?

that was a big fat apple hanging there and...*crickets*

:p

uki
10-27-2008, 04:54 PM
wow.

no one says "doggy style"?

that was a big fat apple hanging there and...*crickets*
anyone of clear discernment abilities can obviously see to what extent your 10,000+ posts reveal...

David Jamieson
10-27-2008, 05:00 PM
anyone of clear discernment abilities can obviously see to what extent your 10,000+ posts reveal...

yes juggler, you would have been here back in 95 when I was posting as Kunglek. then I requested to change to my own name because what the hey.

Anyway, there are plenty of people here with 10k posts. Just across a few accounts lol.

I don't wear it as a badge, it just is what it is, so what.

Back to your juggling now knee jerk or you'll never get good at pulling chi from teh stars with your mystical mushroom powers.

:rolleyes:

uki
10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
yes juggler, you would have been here back in 95 when I was posting as Kunglek. then I requested to change to my own name because what the hey.you made so many enemies you need an alter ego...

Anyway, there are plenty of people here with 10k posts. Just across a few accounts lol.well i cannot wait to join the ranks...

I don't wear it as a badge, it just is what it is, so what.good thing it isn't a badge because they tend to get worn out after using them fo too long.

Back to your juggling now knee jerk or you'll never get good at pulling chi from teh stars with your mystical mushroom powers.the basic retreat... your intellectual inferiority compels you to somehow smoosh me into the realm of drug addicts and losers... nice try smart snot.

:rolleyes:as a fellow martial artist... rolling your eyes too often might make you open for a sneak attack... assumption is one thing... assuming makes you an a$$.:)