PDA

View Full Version : Pow Choy and Uppercuts

hulkout
10-27-2008, 07:40 AM
What are the differences between pow choy and a boxing uppercut? I've noticed that the arm seems to be held a bit straighter in the pow choy, but I'm sure there's more to it than just that. And how could it be worked into a combination? I've heard some guys mentions fu (tiger claw) followed by pow choy.

tlcd_hs
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
When someone attempts to punch you, you will generate the energy with the front arm, turn your waist, and the other arm will follow through with a uppercut(if that makes sense.) But thats just one way we use it.. maybe someone from a different lineage has a different answer..

David Jamieson
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
nothing.

just don't get stuck doing it like it is in teh form each and everytime.

every strike, kick, lock or throw inside of forms is meant to be extrapolated, shortened or lengthened, varied in angle, varied in power and in actuality applied.

TenTigers
10-27-2008, 02:51 PM
nothing, and everything.
just don't get stuck doing it like it is in teh form each and everytime.

every strike, kick, lock or throw inside of forms is meant to be extrapolated, shortened or lengthened, varied in angle, varied in power and in actuality applied.

fixed.-----:)

hskwarrior
10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
simply put.....

we got long upper cuts, and short uppercuts Fan Jong and Pow Choy. its how you'd use them thats important.