PDA

View Full Version : Emin Boztepe challenegs Brock Lesnar!

Ultimatewingchun
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh no, here we go again...:cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77532&highlight=wing+chun

I would have thought that the visit to Emin's school by Bas Ruttan and Marco Ruas some years ago would have not been so easily forgotten...(wherein Boztepe had to back pedal bigtime from his words in order to avoid having to put up after these guys accepted his challenge to the mma world).

Or so the story goes.

Why worry about having forgotten? Because Lesnar is an animal.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brock+lesnar+vs+heath+herring&search_type=&aq=1&oq=Brock+les

Unless of course the thread posted on bullshido is bogus.:)

Liddel
11-02-2008, 05:46 PM
How goods Emins ground game ?
Whats his weight cause Lesnar is a beast ?
Hows his chin ?

I think if Emin had a mean sprawl and good hands he could weather the storm. Totally hypothetical of course :D

Youd want to stay on his outside (not running away like gay boy koscheck) and buckle those knees with some good low kicks. VT knee stomps would be nice. Take out the legs and his hands get weaker and his shoot gets slower...dunno, i love to see it though :D

P.S Randys gunna Fk Lesnar Up at Xmas/new years ! :p :cool:
Perhaps Emin could challenge him the day after LOL :)

DREW

Katsu Jin Ken
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I thought Wing chun was designed to break the structure of the opponent upon contact? If you have perfected that principle then Emin should destroy him as soon as he feels that contact. That being said, if he can control the beast keep him off balance there is your chance. Lesnar is going to swing wildly then go for the shoot. Couture will almost certainly prove the theory that if you can get close, defend the takedown brock can be easily stopped Lesnar's JJ is subpar at best he will just never be flexible enough (with all that muscle) to really roll with the top guys in the game. Frank Mir showed that technique can overcome strength. Mir used JJ Emin will use WC IMO the outcome will be the same.

anerlich
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
If anyone is so foolish as to want to review the background to the Boztepe vs Gracie NON-event, you can do so here:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/how-superfight-got-started-403865/

Assuming the story is true ...

Why now? and why Lesnar in particular?

I can't see anything in it for Lesnar. He has a record against fighters with verifiable records, not with unverifiable claims of 200 streetfights (Emin used to claim 300? Still not as good as Rickson's also unverifiable 400-0) and has no need to prove anything.

Most of the MMA organisers will be yawning right now. I doubt Emin has much cred with them due to past events, deservedly or otherwise.

I thought Wing chun was designed to break the structure of the opponent upon contact? If you have perfected that principle then Emin should destroy him as soon as he feels that contact.

Tell that to Asbel Cancio. That said, unlike Emin, he at least had the guts to go through the process that any other fighter would and actually got in the ring.

Why does anyone need this cr@p?

Three Harmonies
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Jesus. Lesnar would eat him alive! What a crock!

bennyvt
11-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Not saying Emin is better but brook is just a big dude with no technique. His fights have looked pretty weak with massive haymaker that any really stand up guy should beat.

JGTevo
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow! It doesn't matter what Emin knows or does not know. The simple fact of the matter is that Lesnar is a professional at what he does. He trains at a professional level. His output is at a professional level..

Emin's is not. Whatever you may feel about him, he hasn't fought a professional fighter of Lesnar's caliber before. Even if they were the same size, the sheer experience difference is enough. Lesnar's playing the game at the upper echelons of professional fighters and Emin.. Emin's still in the Kiddy League.. If all there was to being a pro fighter was good technique, there'd be no reason for boxers like De La Hoya or Mayweather Jr. to run through hundreds of amateur fights before their pro careers started. There's so, so, SO much that needs to be learned(that you can't learn in the gym) from fighting good, competent competition, to even be able to hope to fight the top guys.

It doesn't matter if Emin was gods gift to kung fu or boxing or MMA, the fact that he isn't a pro fighter and has no professional fighting experience makes this challenge utterly ridiculous. Even the greatest fighters in history, have to work their way up.

bennyvt
11-03-2008, 03:11 AM
brook lesnar in a wwf guy. He hasnt been fighting pro fighters. In the few proper fights he has had he looked very lucky to win the ones he did. With some more training and experience he could be good, hes figgin huge! but now he is just a name that the UFC are using to get people to watch. As an interesting point he got owned by kurt angle in westling after a thing he had because kurt angle was an olympic wrestler and he was only a coligeate ( not really sure what that is.) Lesnar had a go so angle got him in the ring before a performance and played with him. One of my friends that a do shoot fighting with is a massive wrestling fan.

sanjuro_ronin
11-03-2008, 05:16 AM
IF this is true, which is doubtful, probably just another publicity stunt, Emin probably sees Brock as some big, lumbering idiot that "can't fight" and may think that his "superiour" technique will do the trick.
In other words, if its real, Emin just showed that he doesn't know as much about real fighting than he thinks he does.

anerlich
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
It doesn't matter if Emin was gods gift to kung fu or boxing or MMA, the fact that he isn't a pro fighter and has no professional fighting experience makes this challenge utterly ridiculous. Even the greatest fighters in history, have to work their way up.

Emin probably sees Brock as some big, lumbering idiot that "can't fight" and may think that his "superiour" technique will do the trick.

I think that about sums it up.

If he was interested in truly testing his skills, he could challenge someone like BJ Penn, GSP, Tito or some of the Japanese MMA fighters. Randy Couture's probably about his age.

Or he could swallow that pride and go through the elimination processes (local and regional shows) like everyone else that has fought in major league MMA has.

I don't doubt EB has WC/WT skills, but his rep as a fighter is based on unverifiable street fight stories and ambushing a guy 20 years older than him at a seminar. No wonder he has little cred in MMA circles.

Liddel
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
His fights have looked pretty weak with massive haymaker that any really stand up guy should beat.

I thought that he looked quite explosive against Hearing, his punch was fast for a man his size and it was no haymaker IMO.

The simple fact of the matter is that Lesnar is a professional at what he does. He trains at a professional level. His output is at a professional level..

Exactly. good call.

brook lesnar is a wwf guy. He hasnt been fighting pro fighters

First off i think the small issue of preforming infront of others wouldnt affect him because of this (I hate WWF by the way :) ) but in reality like a few of those guys he actually has competed in his style of wrestling and im not talking WWF show pony wrestling....

As an amateur wrestler, he was a four-time All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion and NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion.

Thats no cake walk.....Emins got his work cut out especialy if he cant attack from behind and use his uber deadly finger strikes and eye gouges LOL :D

If it happens im a VT man i have to put my money on Emin, but being a kiwi born in Montreal i bet on Cote ad i also bet on my original fav fighter chuck against Show boat evans so what does tha tell ya.....LOL

DREW

Wayfaring
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Unless of course the thread posted on bullshido is bogus.:)

I'd be leaning towards the bogus side. I have no doubt that if someone asked EB in a seminar if his wing chun measured up to MMA, he'd probably give some stock answer like appears on that thread:

"Dai Sifu responded that he had no worries as Wing Tsun’s principles and theories when combined with Emin’s own anti-grappling techniques will be more than a match for any sport fighter"

However, if you look at the video directly following that statement on the thread you see an amazing display of craptacular "@nti-gr@ppling" by two people in I think Emin's family's WC pants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRbnvGDyPKI

There's just something beyond what words can express in that video.

I get the impression from most of the other videos on the thread that someone's trying to stir up some kind of controversy for publicity's sake. It looks like Emin himself is more teaching sessions to teenagers in someone's backyard as opposed to trying to get himself pro or amateur MMA fights with anyone, little less Lesnar.

Ultimatewingchun
11-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Here's an hilarious post (#16) on page two of the original Bullshido thread that I first alluded to...:D

M1K3
Varrots: Member Style: BJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsurgeon
I'm going to go with "Nevar gonna happen."

Shall we start a pool as to the precise __unner excuse?

"I was waiting for a post like this. It was given to you in the original post:

'So join Sifu Emin and Brock Lesnar, if he dares to accept, in a series of seminars that will demonstrate the awesome effectiveness of the deadly Wing Tsun system.'

He was only challenging Lesnar to show up for the seminar!

In the spirit of good sportsmanship Lesnar did show up and even agreed to chi sao with Sifu Emin, light contact of course.

They are still waiting for Sifu to come out of his coma but the surgery to repair the fractured orbital bones and skull damage was successful."

AdrianUK
11-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Its a joke, they are yukking it up over there

El_Nastro
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
The whole thing is clearly b.s., as one might expect from a site called "bullshido". Somebody made the whole thing up so they could talk trash while patting themselves on the back.

I liked Bullshido at first. I liked the idea of exposing charlatans, but at Bullshido, "charlatan" = "anyone who doesn't do MT&BJJ & compete in cage-fights".

At Bullshido, if you don't do MT & BJJ and SPAR LIKE A BOXER then you're a f@g. (that's something else...every other word in the posts there is "gay" or "f@g", or some lame h*mosexual put-down. What's up with that?)

Needless to say, I don't go to that site anymore.

Tom Kagan
11-11-2008, 08:16 AM
The whole thing is clearly b.s., as one might expect from a site called "bullshido". Somebody made the whole thing up so they could talk trash while patting themselves on the back.

I liked Bullshido at first. I liked the idea of exposing charlatans, but at Bullshido, "charlatan" = "anyone who doesn't do MT&BJJ & compete in cage-fights".

At Bullshido, if you don't do MT & BJJ and SPAR LIKE A BOXER then you're a f@g. (that's something else...every other word in the posts there is "gay" or "f@g", or some lame h*mosexual put-down. What's up with that?)

Needless to say, I don't go to that site anymore.

The irony of making a post to talk sh!t about about a website which has many posts of others talking sh!t is not lost on me.

Achilles1987
11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Brock Lesnar doesn't stand a chance againist my Dai Si-Fu Emin Boztepe. I don't want to sound like a fun boy but... He came, he saw, he conquered. :D Maybe some of you dislikes my master but come on without any rules even the best MMA fighter can do nothing againist a true WingTzun Practionner(It does not have to be Dai SiFu Emin Boztepe). This is life. Wake up. Reflexes and sensitivity trainings. That is what matters not brutal force. There is always obstacles but water finds its own way...