PDA

View Full Version : Sore Knee...

naja
11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
My right knee has some soreness to it. It feels like it's under the kneecap (foot end), and makes a "squishy" noise when I use it.

Anybody had this sort of pain/symptoms before?

An MRI will cost me $200, which I don't have, and I know if I go to my doc he'll want me to have an MRI, since an X-ray won't show soft tissue or tendon damage.

GLW
11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
The squishy noise or feeling sounds like fluid and inflammation on the knee. Did you hit the knee or bag it somehow? If so, it could be messed up on the cartilage behind the kneecap.

If not, just about any type of strain, bruising, or tear around the knee can lead to fluid under the kneecap and pain. If you stay off of it and allow it to heal for several days and the issues go away, then it was probably just strain or bruising. If it does not, I would say see the Doctor - other much worse things could be there.

Now, of course, if it hurts to move and all and you have a history of issues...like meniscus or tendon issues, all bets are off and you should see the orthopedist asap.

naja
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
The squishy noise or feeling sounds like fluid and inflammation on the knee. Did you hit the knee or bag it somehow? If so, it could be messed up on the cartilage behind the kneecap.

If not, just about any type of strain, bruising, or tear around the knee can lead to fluid under the kneecap and pain. If you stay off of it and allow it to heal for several days and the issues go away, then it was probably just strain or bruising. If it does not, I would say see the Doctor - other much worse things could be there.

Now, of course, if it hurts to move and all and you have a history of issues...like meniscus or tendon issues, all bets are off and you should see the orthopedist asap.

It's been like this for months. It got better for a while and now it's started acting up again. I think it began when I tried to block a fast front kick a kid threw at me (it was supposed to be half-speed sparring, but you know how kids can get excited and all...). I brought my leg up too slow and his heel landed on top of my knee.

It doesn't hurt to move it unless I go slow with it. But if I squat down, it makes a tearing/squishing sound when I stand up.

GLW
11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Getting a direct impact on the kneecap like that means that given what you are experiencing, at the very least, you probably did some damage to the back of the kneecap.

There is a large amount of cartilage on the back of the patella....if it is damaged, it does not heal and it will cause inflammation that doesn't get better. Getting kicked in the kneecap can mean that the cartilage on the back got gouged out...and they go in and clean it up a lot...but it means trouble for jumps and running...

uki
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
My right knee has some soreness to it. It feels like it's under the kneecap (foot end), and makes a "squishy" noise when I use it.

Anybody had this sort of pain/symptoms before?this once happened when i did an ollie imossible down a flight of three steps... the foot planted and the body turned, hence the knee popped... i couldn't bend it for nearly 6 months; popped my cartilidge.

An MRI will cost me $200, which I don't have, and I know if I go to my doc he'll want me to have an MRI, since an X-ray won't show soft tissue or tendon damage.healthcare is free in america... just go to the emergency room, get all the tests and refuse to pay the bill... works for me, going on like ten years now and i still haven't paid a dime.:D