PDA

View Full Version : Frustratin, I tell ya

TenTigers
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
So I hurt my back in SPM class. Locked me up something fierce.This was three weeks ago. Grappling and throwing is definately out, as is weight training, lien gung, etc.
The pain subsided, but there is still about 10% so I decided to get acupuncture.
The treatment was different-just done on the ear and arms and legs to points corresponding to the area, rather than on the area itself-new experience to me, but ok.
Anyway, doc sez no activity.
So I'm trying to be a "good patient."
I am not good at it.
I am a hands on teacher. To sit in a chair and point just doesn't work for me. I have to go around, touch each person, feel this, adjust that, demonstrate this, etc. The hardest thing is to not get in there with them. I hate this.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 05:24 AM
So I hurt my back in SPM class. Locked me up something fierce.This was three weeks ago. Grappling and throwing is definately out, as is weight training, lien gung, etc.
The pain subsided, but there is still about 10% so I decided to get acupuncture.
The treatment was different-just done on the ear and arms and legs to points corresponding to the area, rather than on the area itself-new experience to me, but ok.
Anyway, doc sez no activity.
So I'm trying to be a "good patient."
I am not good at it.
I am a hands on teacher. To sit in a chair and point just doesn't work for me. I have to go around, touch each person, feel this, adjust that, demonstrate this, etc. The hardest thing is to not get in there with them. I hate this.

That said, rest is the key and don't try to make things worse, you vagina.
Take the time to catch up on your studying of MA and perhaps your reading, I hear that some "effortless perfection" may do the trick ;)

TenTigers
11-04-2008, 08:16 AM
watch yer language, ya Phallus!
Yeah, sure I can catch up on my reading and such, but when class is in session, and guys are drilling on the floor, it's hard not to want to get in there with them.
I feel like some former teachers I've had, who stay in their office, or just walk around and point. I get antsy.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, you can always rush back, make it worse and turn a couple of weeks off into surgery, that'll be fun.

Prostate-boy !

TenTigers
11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
yeah it's funny (sad but true) that I would definately have to say that most of my injuries come from lack of warming up, trying to train through an injury,or doing stupid sheet. I will take your advice.
Thanx, uterus.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
A gradual warm-up is crucial, but at the sametime, we need to remember that, in the real world, there is no warm-up.
Vulvanator.

TenTigers
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
in the real world, there is no warm-up..

agreed, Hymen. That is why smart people maintain their flexibility, conditioning, strtech in the morning and always do a little here and there throughout the day. My Sifu, in his seveties does this. He does a morning routine, and then as he goes through his day, preiodically, he would do a stretch here, a stretch there. Many of the older generation in Chinatown do this.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
agreed, Hymen. That is why smart people maintain their flexibility, conditioning, strtech in the morning and always do a little here and there throughout the day. My Sifu, in his seveties does this. He does a morning routine, and then as he goes through his day, preiodically, he would do a stretch here, a stretch there. Many of the older generation in Chinatown do this.

Good advice, scrotum.
Its a lifetstyle, even more so when you get older.

TenTigers
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
as I get older, my role models change. When I was a young labia like yourself, I wantsed to be like Bruce Lee. Now that I;m older, I look at the guys who are still going strong. Eventually I will be following the Taoist Immortals.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
as I get older, my role models change. When I was a young labia like yourself, I wantsed to be like Bruce Lee. Now that I;m older, I look at the guys who are still going strong. Eventually I will be following the Taoist Immortals.

I think that, as we become older clitorisis, we tend to be more about "relaxed" power and less milage but more BANG !
Its the price we pay for the milage we put on our engine.
I have always said that its more about the mileage than the year of the car.
The wear and tear we put ourselves through, its something.
In my 30 years I have to show:
bad shoulders - tendonitus in the left one ( impingement)
bad elbows - both of them, tennis type.
Bad lower back
Torn knee ligements in both knees - 1 MA related the other football
Damage left ankle for a very bad heel hook
Assorted old ******* injuries in the hands and fingers.

Glad to see you are gonna start the Taoist Immortals, old Urethra's like you need that stuff.

BoulderDawg
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Backs are funny things.

Right now I'm nursing a slight back strain and I'm taking it easy although I am working out.

It's funny though, in the past, I could be in my car, bending down to pick somethnig up or even reaching over to get the TV remote and, without warning, I would feel a twinge in my back. In a few cases this would keep me down for over a month. Luckily I haven't experienced that in several years.

sanjuro_ronin
11-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Backs are funny things.

Right now I'm nursing a slight back strain and I'm taking it easy although I am working out.

It's funny though, in the past, I could be in my car, bending down to pick somethnig up or even reaching over to get the TV remote and, without warning, I would feel a twinge in my back. In a few cases this would keep me down for over a month. Luckily I haven't experienced that in several years.
You bunch of old aerolas !

Fixed that for you.

WinterPalm
11-04-2008, 06:09 PM
You fallopian tubes should check out Magnificent Mobility and do their stuff. I highly recommend this. I've had crummy injuries on and off and this has helped me, some training partners, and some friends with various injuries. You can find it on Torrents somewhere.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2008, 05:19 AM
There are a few strecthing vids out there.
Meridian Strecthing has some cool stuff for you Cervixs.
Yoga of course is a given.
There is Pavel's stuff too.
But keeping limber all the time by doing some deep squats, toe touches, over heaed strecthes, etc, through out the day is a good idea.
You rectal ampullas.

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Backs are funny things.

maybe you could ask that "quack" cjurakpt guy for some advice...:rolleyes:
;)

...mulva's...

No_Know
11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
One called TenTigers, antsy? Perhaps there is discipline in what you've learned to deal with antsy. Your students might be antsy to punch some jerk, but what you teach might have them get by their antsiness. As you might get by your destructive antsiness to over-do-it for the moment. Bide your time and be closer to free form.

No_Know

TenTigers
11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
yeah, where were you yesterday?
So, yesterday,I was feeling zero pain, and it was a beautiful fall day. I decided to go for a hike to one of my favorite spots, Giant Ledge on Slide Mountain in the Catskills, NY.
I haven't been there in over ten years. Funny, I seem to remember it being a nice nature walk on trails, and a small challenging hike up some rocky parts to the top of the mountain-where there is a spectacular view.
It seems my dyslexia is far worse than I realized. It was a steep, rocky climb with only a little bit of walking trails.
I went back to square one. Luckily, last night, hot shower, moist hot pack, tui-na and a back plaster made a big improvement. Going in for more acupucture today.

I should follow my own advice. "Just because you are not in pain, does not mean you are fully healed!"

Stupid, Stupid, STUPID!

sanjuro_ronin
11-10-2008, 08:31 AM
yeah, where were you testerday?
So, yesterday,I was feeling zero pain, and it was a beautiful fall day. I decided to go for a hike to one of my favorite spots, Giant Ledge on Slide Mountain in the Catskills, NY.
I haven't been there in over ten years. Funny, I seem to remember it being a nice nature walk on trails, and a small challenging hike up some rocky parts to the top of the mountain-where there is a spectacular view.
It seems my dyslexia is far worse than I realized. It was a steep, rocky climb with only a little bit of walking trails.
I went back to square one. Luckily, last night, hot shower, moist hot pack, tui-na and a back plaster made a big improvement. Going in for more acupucture today.

I should follow my own advice. "Just because you are not in pain, does not mean you are fully healed!"

Stupid, Stupid, STUPID!

*shakes head*
Never give a sucker an even break...

TenTigers
11-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Hunting season opens.
I need some natives to carry my hunting gear for Bwana-Sifu.

TenTigers
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
"Remember Thermopylae !! "
is that a hot plaster? Sounds good.

sanjuro_ronin
11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Hunting season opens.
I need some natives to carry my hunting gear for Bwana-Sifu.

I hunt beaver....:D

"Remember Thermopylae !! "
is that a hot plaster? Sounds good.

Close, hot gates, but you knew that anyways ;)

I think you need a good ol fashioned plastering alright, and a rub-n-tug to fix that back.
I hear that Jucee Poontang is available today...

TenTigers
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I hear that Jucee Poontang is available today...

y'know, Mom hasn't gone by that name in many years, and she's trying to put all that behind her. She's off the pipe, gettin her life back in order, and she doesn't need people from her past haunting her.
It's just,"Jucee" now, ok?

sanjuro_ronin
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
y'know, Mom hasn't gone by that name in many years, and she's trying to put all that behind her. She's off the pipe, gettin her life back in order, and she doesn't need people from her past haunting her.
It's just,"Jucee" now, ok?

Well, so much for all those coupons....

SimonM
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure that frequenting a companion who offered cupons would be good for one's health and well-being.

sanjuro_ronin
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure that frequenting a companion who offered cupons would be good for one's health and well-being.

Oooo, like at me, I'm Mr.Highroller !!!
:p

SimonM
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
**** straight. I also don't dumpster dive for half-eaten hot dogs and pizza crust.

sanjuro_ronin
11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
**** straight. I also don't dumpster dive for half-eaten hot dogs and pizza crust.

Elitist snob.

couch
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I hunt beaver....:D

Like the good canuck you are!

BrokenTitanium
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
TenTigers do not let this injury go unchecked. I injured myself over 20 years ago and did not do nothing about it. Little by little as I got older the pain in my lower back started to travel down my right side all the way down to my right foot. The pain just got worse and it started to interfere with daily activites. Finally this year I had the dreaded back surgery, had two disc removed and my lower spine fused along with having a butt load of Titanium hardware installed on my spine for the needed support. Three months after the surgery I began to here what sounded like a ratchet in back when I walked not to mention the intermintent sharp pain that I would get throughout my entire body. I had been doing some rehab work to get the back strong again so that I could practice my M/A at home. It turns out that ratch sound was the broken Titanium in my back. Some time during my rehab and work outs I broke some of the metal that was placed in my back. But luckily I began taking herbs and it has truly helped out with the recovery. I waited to long to get the repairs needed which lead to the extra damage to my lower spine. Hope you get to feeling better.

TenTigers
11-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I hear ya, BT. I have an injury from around 25 yrs ago that to this day is a problem, spasm, locked up, sciatica, the works. I find that when I practice my yoga on a regular basis, it doesn't bother me, but when I stop and get into a rut, it comes back to remind me.
Funny, I have a rotator cuff injury that doesn't bother me if I do shoulder presses and lateral raises, a lower back injury that feels better after deadlifts, a knee injury that feels better after squats and leg extensions. When I stop weight training, all these injuries come back. Right now, I am not doing any weights and they are all returning. I will have to do some weight training-even lighter stuff, only for maintenance. Probably forever.
"If you rest, you rust!"
Oh well, there are worse thngs than being an old buff guy. I'll be quite the Cassanova at the retirement home, bangin all them hot young sixty-yr olds!

No_Know
12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
While the recall can be off. Mountains and trails do wear away.--the footsteps floor of Shao-Lin Temple and the staircase of Edward Scissorhands near the end of the movie.

It might be said if anything can be done about it, knowing what it is can guide you to actions to address that/it.

Pick a hurt to address. Utilize your understanding of the problems you feel to reverse engineer for some resolution, perhaps.

I No_Know